Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

Maybe an “advanced traps” seed that generates combinations of normally player-made traps.
Such trigger-able hoiks (if that is even a …?) or teleporters that go into a hole with the dungeon walls that summon a dungeon guardian.
Maybe even going as far as lowering the spawn rate of a magic mirror, or something that prevents the use of it… I think the shimmer debuff prevents teleportation. So maybe complex traps involving that could be thrown in as well. Trap pumps that dump shimmer that makes you fall into some death pit into the underworld.

Another idea, maybe a seed that is aesthetically (or even mechanically in certain cases) changed to the oldest version of Terraria (using the ancient bricks, and etc…). Maybe going as far as changing the settings to removing background, and fancy effects.

Maybe seeds that are worlds consisting of one massive biome…?

A terrifying seed forming the world out of flesh/meat blocks, and/or other horrifying blocks that would make those who aren’t normally squeamish squirm.

A stranded island seed where you’re on a lone ocean island, in a vast sea, trapped with the angler. Forcing the player to progress via everyone’s favorite pastime.

(If any of these ideas are already mentioned, I apologize, just logging back on)

Not a seed suggestion, but a toggle so that you can make all grapples be able to attach to trees would be really cool. I only ever find myself using the squirrel hook because i find it so much nicer to be able to grapple to trees, and its a shame because i'd like to use some of the cooler grapples

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!
How about the underworld lava replacing the ocean biomes?

Switch the sand and coral to ash and silt... Change all of Corruption and Crimson to hellstone and meteorite, respectively replacing Demonite/Crimtane. These would be dropped by their respective bosses.

For the underground biome, marble, granite, and spider nests.

The cavern layer should be massive amounts of sand traps, causing the player to fall downwards into explosions, spikes, etc. Sandstorms, sand elementals, and sand sharks, that buff the enemies' damage the longer you're exposed to the environment. Pyramid generation in the center could be nice, as a refuge, but with multiple traps, leading down to...

A frozen underworld. Blizzards only. Broken ice. Wolves, everywhere, ice golems, empty, generated boreal buildings, that could be remnants of houses, or ships?

Maybe three dungeon entrances, each color, just digging through the planet, and the old man randomly appearing at one each night...

And for completion (as suggested by my wife), put the jungle in the space biome. That means flying foxes instead of harpies, Derplings, and Jungle slimes, with massive knockback. The jungle temple generates on a sky island, and the jungle golem has to be fought during an eclipse.

All bosses, minus special events, have to be beaten by the stroke of mid-noon, or midnight, or dungeon guardians spawn and kill you.

EDIT: Instead of regular meteorites, have Corruption/Crimson crash into areas and spread infection, including near bases. Martian probe sightings could be increased!

Last edited:
sorry I'm a bit late but don't dig up + celebrationmk10 makes it so that the under world is in the middle of the world and there are two sides the top side is normal but it doesn't have the evil biomes or dungeon the bottom side is reversed and is all evil biomes and hollow in hard mode the dungeon is also down here but is all cracked and has holes everywhere and the gravity is reversed for liquids.

sorry I'm a bit late but don't dig up + celebrationmk10 makes it so that the under world is in the middle of the world and there are two sides the top side is normal but it doesn't have the evil biomes or dungeon the bottom side is reversed and is all evil biomes and hollow in hard mode the dungeon is also down here but is all cracked and has holes everywhere and the gravity is reversed for liquids.
i feel like it would be better if this was don't dig up plus drunk world instead but i still like this idea

Remove Buffs + Red's potion
Drunk World + Get fixed boi: All of the buff potions in this world only give you the 'stink' debuff, the only way to get buffs is to drink Red's potion.
All of the structures that give you buffs(like the Crystal Ball) will instead have (on use) a 1 in 800 chance of dropping Red's potion.

Don't starve + Get Fixed Boi: Every time a Lantern Night triggers, all of the worlds deathweed should bloom for the night. (I kinda just want it in the base game, but this would be really cool too. I never end up using deathweed potions because I don't track the moon phases)

Last edited:
What if there was a small detail with the obsidian skin potion for after you've been in magma there's steam or smoke coming off the character and it gets more intense if you enter water or rain.

A stranded island seed where you’re on a lone ocean island, in a vast sea, trapped with the angler. Forcing the player to progress via everyone’s favorite pastime.
So it's like sky seed only with angler? Very good idea for peoples, who like fishing, so I can get all items from fishing instead of farming slimes and another mobs.

Drunk World + For the Worthy:

All 3 monsters (Salamanders, Giant Shellies, and Crawdads) will spawn on this seed combination instead of just 2 being chosen.

hello red, I have a suggestion regarding the addition of tmod to the mobile version of terraria, I would like to see mods in the mobile version, for example calamity, as well as the ability to put textures.
I'm a fan of calamity, I really want to play it on my phone, the computer is broken and the mobile terrarium is a salvation, but the lack of tmod on the phone is upsetting, can you add tmod to the phone, please

hello red, I have a suggestion regarding the addition of tmod to the mobile version of terraria, I would like to see mods in the mobile version, for example calamity, as well as the ability to put textures.
I'm a fan of calamity, I really want to play it on my phone, the computer is broken and the mobile terrarium is a salvation, but the lack of tmod on the phone is upsetting, can you add tmod to the phone, please
1: this thread is for suggesting secret seed combos

2: thats not possible for a variety of reasons

Reasons including, but not limited to; no mobile steam support, the sheer difficulty of such a task, the fact that more people play on console anyway, the fact of HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU BEAT CALAMITY ON A GOD DAMN PHONE, and of course, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

For The Worthy + Not The Bees = The Hell Hive
  • Every time you axe a tree, there's a chance for a hostile beenade to drop.
  • Instead of spawning Bees during her fight, the Queen Bee will instead spawn Hornets.
  • Hives are now filled with lava instead of honey.
  • Breakable hives spawn a whole lot more & the bees inside are stronger.

Back
Top Bottom