Weapons & Equip Lihzard transformation

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
This is a concept I've been toying around with for a while but seeing that there are going to be a few new transformations added, in addition to the already existing werewolf and merfolk ones, why not a lihzard transformation too? A lihzardfolk would be able to crawl faster, into 2 block high gaps rather than 3, and anywhere with background walls similar to a black recluse. It would also make all basic lihzards (except generals) passive. Accessory obtained from Lihzahrd General (guaranteed power cell)

This feels like it would be kind of like a bootleg pair of wings, as provided there was a background wall, you could always climb around, without having to touch the ground again.

It feels too broken to be added, or at least in my opinion, anyway. (That said, the Soaring Insignea does also provide infinite flight, and could be obtained [on expert+ worlds, anyway] at a similar point in progression...)

Last edited:
Why does it let you climb walls? Lizhards in game can’t do that.
They cant? I thought they could? either way, it would be a silly mechanic that I think would thematically fit terraria very well.

This feels like it would be kind of like a bootleg pair of wings, as provided there was a background wall, you could always climb around, without having to touch the ground again.

It feels too broken to be added, or at least in my opinion, anyway. (That said, the Soaring Insignea does also provide infinite flight, and could be obtained [on expert+ worlds, anyway] at a similar point in progression...)
Keep in mind, the very nature of being a temple drop means it is fairly late game, so the part about it being unbalanced becuase its infinite does not seem to be accurate relative to the game stage it is obtained. In fact, since the crawling speed would be slow, most would probably prefer to just use wings especially since the place youre most likely to find background walls is underground where there are already plenty of places to land for a second to reset your wing timer...

This is a concept I've been toying around with for a while but seeing that there are going to be a few new transformations added, in addition to the already existing werewolf and merfolk ones, why not a lihzard transformation too? A lihzardfolk would be able to crawl faster, into 2 block high gaps rather than 3, and anywhere with background walls similar to a black recluse. It would also make all basic lihzards (except generals) passive. Accessory obtained from Lihzahrd General (guaranteed power cell)
I mean, not certain if the wall climbing needs to be a thing but I still like the idea because Lihzard.
And while maybe I've not payed attention to recent changes I think fitting into smaller gaps would be a neat thing for stuff like adventure maps.

I like the idea of a small, fast ground mount, and this seems like a good way to do it. I don't like the idea of it making Lihzahrds passive, though. Mounts don't do things like that in Terraria.
I was suggesting a transformation accessory, similar to wolfpet, not a mount. Since, for all intents and purposes, you look like a lihzard, it would make sense for them not to attack you.

Keep in mind, the very nature of being a temple drop means it is fairly late game, so the part about it being unbalanced becuase its infinite does not seem to be accurate relative to the game stage it is obtained. In fact, since the crawling speed would be slow, most would probably prefer to just use wings especially since the place youre most likely to find background walls is underground where there are already plenty of places to land for a second to reset your wing timer...
I'm kinda now realizing that my case is invalid due to the Tiger Climbing Gear existing, since you can stick to blocks with it.... especially given that not only does it reset the flight timer of wings/rocket boots, but its pre-hardmode as well. It doesn't work for walls, though.

Back
Top Bottom