Little Gems From the Wiki Episode 2: The Saga Continues

They are right, it is like Anubis or other egyptan god themed armor. I don't see anything wrong/bad about it. Back like a ring is mystery, it is only bonus thing came with the armor.
Anubis doesn't have shoulderpads, or anything covering his upper-body for that matter. Neither does he have pants, or a human head.

Anubis doesn't have shoulderpads, or anything covering his upper-body for that matter. Neither does he have pants, or a human head.
*facepalm* You didn't get it. Themer or maybe how it is called inspired. We still doesn't know official name of the armor, we can say it is Anubis armor, it is possible it is trully named Anubis armor.
Edit: It can be or doesn't need to be fully armored, this this armor show very little of skin on chest/belly.

Why some people like you, have to make facepalm.

*facepalm* You didn't get it. Themer or maybe how it is called inspired. We still doesn't know official name of the armor, we can say it is Anubis armor, it is possible it is trully named Anubis armor.
Sure, it can be called Anubis Armor, but come on... how can you possibly say something is "based upon the Egyptian god Anubis" if it doesn't look like him at all? If we assume something is based on something by thinking how it can be called, we could also say the "Sandnado" is actually a Golden Vortex.

Sure, it can be called Anubis Armor, but come on... how can you possibly say something is "based upon the Egyptian god Anubis" if it doesn't look like him at all? If we assume something is based on something by thinking how it can be called, we could also say the "Sandnado" is actually a Golden Vortex.
And yet you still didn't get it. What a shame. Sandnado word is combination of the Sand and Tornado to have a result of Sand Tornado, for short Sandnado.
It doesn't need to be named Anubis armor, so we could know it is inspired by Anubis or other egyptian god, .... -_-
It might be hybrib of mage and summoner class, but it we don't know it too.

After this message/post you will don't see any posts from me (EDIT: about it). Why? Ask yourself...

And yet you still didn't get it. What a shame. Sandnado word is combination of the Sand and Tornado to have a result of Sand Tornado, for short Sandnado.
It doesn't need to be named Anubis armor, so we could know it is inspired by Anubis or other egyptian god, .... -_-
It might be hybrib of mage and summoner class, but it we don't know it too.

After this message/post you will don't see any posts from me (EDIT: about it). Why? Ask yourself...
You don't have to respond any more. I've got the answer in one simple picture.
a6766ea75452484fa8265fce1aaa6476.png

Take a closer look at the helmet, and compare it to Anubis' head. Specifically, in terms of shape.
Also note that both have gold and black in their color schemes.

"Based on" does not have to mean "looks exactly like".
Yeah yeah, but come on... do I really still have to explain that Anubis is barefoot, only wears some kind of towel, wears two bracelets and has a jackal head? I see their heads have the same shape and that both have the same colors, but why would that specifically mean it's based off Anubis? And why, if you're gonna make something that resembles Anubis, not go all the way and actually make him look complete? The Leprechaun, Space Creature, Witch etc. costumes look like what they are named after, so why make this one costume look just a bit like Anubis?
Anyway, I'm gonna finish this little discussion we have here, as I don't want some moderator to close this fun thread down.

Yeah yeah, but come on... do I really still have to explain that Anubis is barefoot, only wears some kind of towel, wears two bracelets and has a jackal head? I see their heads have the same shape and that both have the same colors, but why would that specifically mean it's based off Anubis? And why, if you're gonna make something that resembles Anubis, not go all the way and actually make him look complete? The Leprechaun, Space Creature, Witch etc. costumes look like what they are named after, so why make this one costume look just a bit like Anubis?
Anyway, I'm gonna finish this little discussion we have here, as I don't want some moderator to close this fun thread down.
Those are special vanity sets designed to look exactly like the character they portray, this is not. It is a desert (hint Egyptian) themed armour, with a helmet that resembles a jackal, a desert animal which Anubis has the head of. The armour also appears to be a summoner armour, meaning which would tie into the already Egyptian theme (think about the scarab beetle accessories etc). Don't forget that the screenshot is also taken in a desert biome.

All of these points would suggest an Anubis, or at least Egyptian themed set.

Edit: sorry about being off topic, I thought I was in a discussion thread about the spoiler. My bad.

Last edited:
Those are special vanity sets designed to look exactly like the character they portray, this is not. It is a desert (hint Egyptian) themed armour, with a helmet that resembles a jackal, a desert animal which Anubis has the head of. The armour also appears to be a summoner armour, meaning which would tie into the already Egyptian theme (think about the scarab beetle accessories etc). Don't forget that the screenshot is also taken in a desert biome.

All of these points would suggest an Anubis, or at least Egyptian themed set.

Edit: sorry about being off topic, I thought I was in a discussion thread about the spoiler. My bad.
As my last word on the subject, this particular set is also supposed to be armor.
As far as armor goes, what Anubis is wearing is pretty impractical.

• Pumpking is a portmanteau of "Pumpkin" and "King".
wow
Well I mean as hard as it is to believe that there might be somebody out there who wouldn't be able to figure that out on their first glance for whatever reason, I guess it isn't completely redundant considering it technically isn't wrong... on the other hand, if Pumpking's name was legitimately just the words Pumpkin and King placed right beside each other (PumpkinKing) and someone felt the need to tell others that I'd be slightly concerned.

Well I mean as hard as it is to believe that there might be somebody out there who wouldn't be able to figure that out on their first glance for whatever reason, I guess it isn't completely redundant considering it technically isn't wrong... on the other hand, if Pumpking's name was legitimately just the words Pumpkin and King placed right beside each other (PumpkinKing) and someone felt the need to tell others that I'd be slightly concerned.
Well, of course it isn't wrong, just way. too. obvious.

From the PDA page:
PDA.png

I just can't comprehend how someone twisted this logic. "Displays everything" is a reference to public nudity or something now? Terraria must really earn its T rating.

As has been said before, if your 'reference' contains a qualifier like "could", "might" or "may", it probably isn't a reference.

Edit: Because I then made the mistake of clicking the link from PDA to Cell Phone:
Cell Phone.png

From the PDA page:
View attachment 138437
I just can't comprehend how someone twisted this logic. "Displays everything" is a reference to public nudity or something now? Terraria must really earn its T rating.

As has been said before, if your 'reference' contains a qualifier like "could", "might" or "may", it probably isn't a reference.

The only reason I could see them making that connection is the acronym thing, but that's stupid because there's literally a dozen meanings for any 3 letter acronym you can think of.

Last edited:
Sky Fracture:
Sky Fracture.png

Apparently this noteworthy bit of trivia doesn't actually feature on the Magic Missile page itself. Remember the rule about "may" references?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the upgrade to Magic Missile in D&D is Isaac's Missile Storm. Now assuming it is a reference to D&D, the Sky Fracture - being an upgrade of Magic Missile - should resemble Missile Storm.

Onyx Blaster:
Onyx Blaster.png

Pocket Mirror page:
Pocket Mirror.png

For that matter, is this even true? Are there really only two debuff negating accessories that don't form part of the Ankh Shield? Surely there's at least a third?

One last one, from the Ancient vanity set page:
Ancient Set.png

Let us confirm this assertion:
Ancient Armour.png
Forbidden Armour.png

Last edited:
upload_2016-9-25_17-47-10.png

So...if it's one of the many others, then why makes it so special to mention it?

EDIT: Another one from their counterpart:
upload_2016-9-25_19-9-32.png

Are they basically saying that it's better to get shot by it? pretty reckless tactic.

Last edited:
9efa47aa4be949f0b13a93e7a6b7d9b6.png

Yeah, that's a pretty good technique to kill him. Just like it's a good way of killing Zombies, Possessed Armors, or any kind of walking enemy that isn't able to swim.
c5c3e93a88aa4aafac2ff2f092a21c5e.png

Well, yeah, of course, that tank is only there for decoration... it's not like you use that liquid to fire heat rays. Saying the tank is still full after you are out of mana is like questioning why you don't see a speech bubble when you use a spell tome.

Back
Top Bottom