Little Gems From the Wiki Episode 2: The Saga Continues

Are they basically saying that it's better to get shot by it? pretty reckless tactic.
Admittedly, the lasers are a better way of telling an Ice Golem is nearby instead of relying on the Lifeform Analyser. If you have long-range weapons, the unique noise an Ice Golem makes when hurt is also a good indicator. Both are better than the Lifeform Analyser because you know where it is.
Actually getting hit by the laser is not a good result though. :)

bxAS6MF.png

I always get myself a Medusa Head before I kill the Eater of Worlds.:cool:
That was probably put there before Medusa was made Hardmode only, though.

8CCapg1.png

Everyone knows that players who have access to swords that deal over 54 damage may need advice on killing the Eater of Worlds. I mean, you only have to have at least a Night's Edge with at least a +10% damage modifier while wearing full Molten Armor to accomplish that kind of damage.
Another great strategy that should be on the wiki that would benefit everyone is to just sit on a thrown Sunfury and wait for the Eater of Worlds to commit suicide. I call it the "I didn't do it! He dug into my Flail, I swear!"-strategy.

In all honesty, I'm more concerned about things that are outright wrong on the wiki, rather than just pieces of useless advice or speculation.

An example:
5aSbPGv.png

I mean, that one is just plain wrong. It deals 150/300 damage, so let's compare:
The Red Devil deals 160/320 damage with its trident, the Clown deals 200/400 damage with its bomb, the Santa-NK1's deals 160/320 damage with its spike balls, the Rune Wizard has a melee damage of 200/400 and the Skeleton Sniper deals 200/320 damage with its shot.
But third-highest, right?-_-

Last edited:
To be fair, in practice, the first sign of the Ice Golem's presence is almost always going to be a laser it shoots at you from off-screen.
Probably, although I rather prefer waiting in a shelter for him to appear, that chilled debuff can really hinder in expert mode.

Another release, another load dumped on the Wiki.

From the Squire Armour and Valhalla Knight pages:
Squire Armour.png

You can also use Copper Armour in combat against the Moon Lord if you feel so inclined. (I bet if I searched, there'd be a YouTube video of exactly that. They were probably also using a Copper Shortsword.)

And from the Squire Shield:
Squire Shield.png

Also good for farming:
  • Minions that don't need resetting
  • Things such as honey that don't have a cap
  • Conveyors to bring your loot to you
  • Adequate seeds to plant your crops with
  • Fertile soil, fresh air, clean water and sunshine <-- Also good for humans who are waiting for their farm to produce something useful instead of sitting in front of a computer, checking their farm every minute :)

Maybe more to come when I update my list of collectibles for 1.3.4 content.

Another release, another load dumped on the Wiki.

From the Squire Armour and Valhalla Knight pages:
View attachment 148785
You can also use Copper Armour in combat against the Moon Lord if you feel so inclined. (I bet if I searched, there'd be a YouTube video of exactly that. They were probably also using a Copper Shortsword.)

And from the Squire Shield:
View attachment 148786
Also good for farming:
  • Minions that don't need resetting
  • Things such as honey that don't have a cap
  • Conveyors to bring your loot to you
  • Adequate seeds to plant your crops with
  • Fertile soil, fresh air, clean water and sunshine <-- Also good for humans who are waiting for their farm to produce something useful instead of sitting in front of a computer, checking their farm every minute :)

Maybe more to come when I update my list of collectibles for 1.3.4 content.
The last one is even more ridiculous considering that Spiky Ball Traps and other traps would be more effective.

Went looking at the SDMG page:

View attachment 152554

Well, let's check the EoS wiki:
View attachment 152555

Uhh...So is the SDMG from Terraria or Edge of Space?

(Also, that preview image seems to be from Scribblenauts for total unknown reasons.)

This time, Terraria Wiki is actually right. SDMG is an easter egg/shout out to Fineous from EoS (the first friendly NPC you meet at the very beginning of the game).

So apparently EoS wiki has the same kind of junk going on over there, lol. That, and AFAIK, EoS doesn't even HAVE the SDMG as an actual weapon/item you can use, so dunno why it is even there.

All of those enemies I mentioned have the same AI as the Werewolf,Fighter.
Well, that shows how awful the bit in the Wiki is.

Going back to the original theme of the thread, the Hallowed Bar page got a few...Bizarre mistakes:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/index.php?title=Hallowed_Bar&oldid=273263
Somehow, the bars are now related to giant sequoias.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/index.php?title=Hallowed_Bar&oldid=220854
This was obvious vandalism, but still...Being able to craft Skeletron Prime would be horrible either way.

Well, that shows how awful the bit in the Wiki is.

Going back to the original theme of the thread, the Hallowed Bar page got a few...Bizarre mistakes:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/index.php?title=Hallowed_Bar&oldid=273263
Somehow, the bars are now related to giant sequoias.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/index.php?title=Hallowed_Bar&oldid=220854
This was obvious vandalism, but still...Being able to craft Skeletron Prime would be horrible either way.
You forgot ''This also includes your mom and dad'' in the second link. It is in the 'Dropped by'' section.

Back
Top Bottom