tModLoader Magic Storage

This mod is pretty awesome. :) It does seem very early game for the amount of convenience it gives (pretty much obsoletes normal chests and even whole crafting rooms); would be nice if magic storage were a hardmode or even post-mechanical upgrade to normal storage, instead of replacing it entirely.

I suppose I can just edit the recipes myself for my personal version. :)

Or just.. not use it until you feel like it.

I believe the intention of the mod is to completely replace vanilla inventory management and storage. It honestly really isn't too strong early game unless you get SUPER lucky with diamonds.

I have bad self-control, I'd definitely edit the recipes. ^^; My main concern is balance with the Skyblock mod; diamonds are not really a limiting factor with that mod due to super-easy generation of Extractinator resources.

And I don't really want to replace vanilla inventory management, but I do love the idea of there being an upgrade to it. Sorta like mass storage in FortressCraft.

I have bad self-control, I'd definitely edit the recipes. ^^; My main concern is balance with the Skyblock mod; diamonds are not really a limiting factor with that mod due to super-easy generation of Extractinator resources.

And I don't really want to replace vanilla inventory management, but I do love the idea of there being an upgrade to it. Sorta like mass storage in FortressCraft.

Up to blushiemagic on how to deal with this obviously but I do not have any belief in balancing your mod around other mods. As much as you like the idea of upgrading the vanilla storage system.. I'm in a position where I am sick and tired of it and really appreciate having an alternative/replacement.

If this mod is too strong for you and your collection of mods, then simply don't use it, or like you said, just edit the recipes to your liking if you have access to the source code.

...Or take route 3 and make a dependent mod that makes the edits in question, which is I think what I am going to do. :)

I freakin' love this mod! I don't use a that much mods, and the ones i do use are mostly for altering/improving the UI/HUD or hotkey stuff. I was so sick of spending significantly more time screwing with chest organization and crafting optimizations than actually playing the game. It didn't take long for me to not find designing a crafting/storage room fun. Very glad you made this for all of us, thank you!

Sure, didn't know that you could do this!
idk if you do any modding yourself, but the example files for TModLoader provide a relatively good tutorial for how to make a dependent mod. It's really handy for when you want to edit a mod but preserve the original. :)

And for the record, I am 100% in agreement with you about not balancing your mod around other mods. The "everything should play nice with everything" mindset can be good, but it can also be really toxic. At the end of the day, the mod maker's vision for their creation should come first.

But I do see that as different from tweaking two mods you use to work better together, if the tweaks are for your own personal use.

idk if you do any modding yourself, but the example files for TModLoader provide a relatively good tutorial for how to make a dependent mod. It's really handy for when you want to edit a mod but preserve the original. :)

And for the record, I am 100% in agreement with you about not balancing your mod around other mods. The "everything should play nice with everything" mindset can be good, but it can also be really toxic. At the end of the day, the mod maker's vision for their creation should come first.

But I do see that as different from tweaking two mods you use to work better together, if the tweaks are for your own personal use.

Yeah there are examples around demonstrating how balancing your mod around other mods just isn't a great idea.

Yeah for sure if you can find a way to tweak the experience to your liking, go right ahead man!

can someone tell me how to craft the items. I have been trying to figure it out for the longest time
  1. Craft a storage heart, and place it.
  2. Connect at least one storage unit to the storage heart.
  3. Put the ingredients into the storage heart.
  4. Craft a "crafting interface", and connect it to the storage heart.
  5. Open the crafting interface.
  6. Place a crafting station into the ten slots in the top left of the interface.
  7. Select a recipe from the bottom left.
  8. Click "craft" in the bottom right.
Things that may not be intuitive here:
  • You can only craft from things stored in the storage heart connected to the crafting interface – not open chests, not your inventory, etc.
  • You can only craft with the stations in the crafting interface, not ones that you are standing near.

I've been playing with this mod and I have run into a problem. Whenever I exit the game and come back in one of two things happen. Either the game resets back to setting which means I have to fix what language it's using, the resolution and wether it's in full screen, after that when I log into my world the system is gone or it works fine but when I log in the system is still gone. I have tried deleting and redownloading. Any way to fix this

I've been playing with this mod and I have run into a problem. Whenever I exit the game and come back in one of two things happen. Either the game resets back to setting which means I have to fix what language it's using, the resolution and wether it's in full screen, after that when I log into my world the system is gone or it works fine but when I log in the system is still gone. I have tried deleting and redownloading. Any way to fix this

Sounds like you have one of two things going on here:

One, you are using Steam "cloud" saves, which are incompatible with tModLoader, and cause all sorts of random world breakage as they sever the connection between the mod content and the vanilla content of the world.

Two, something is really messed up on your system, and is corrupting random files. (eg: the settings, etc)

Problem was worth than I though. Very modded block in the world disappeared and so I'm delteting everythimg. You were right

v0.4.1.2
-Fixed bug where crafting items in the crafting interface can't give them prefixes
-Fixed some polish translations
-Fixed bug where search bars do not function in multiplayer if a player is dead
-Reduced gem requirements for the storage network

Some of you might have seen my announcement on the tModLoader thread.

This mod will mostly be unaffected by the things going on in my life, since there isn't much huge content to add anyways. However, I unfortunately won't be able to do much performance improvements until everything calms down.

I've got a few questions/concerns, so I'm going to go through them rapid-fire.

1. Is it intentional that you can't open the storage system and craft at nearby workstations with its inventory, like with chests?
  2. Is it intentional that the crafting interface doesn't take player inventory into account?
  3. Is it intentional that there's no access to the storage side of things from the crafting terminal?
  4. Could you add an option to see recipes with missing ingredients?
  5. Is it possible you could add upgrades to expand the number of slots for crafting stations in the interface? (With other mods that add new workstations, I find the current number of slots quickly becomes too few.)
Edit: Just saw the most recent post. My apologies for poor timing.

I've got a few questions/concerns, so I'm going to go through them rapid-fire.
  1. Is it intentional that you can't open the storage system and craft at nearby workstations with its inventory, like with chests?
  2. Is it intentional that the crafting interface doesn't take player inventory into account?
  3. Is it intentional that there's no access to the storage side of things from the crafting terminal?
  4. Could you add an option to see recipes with missing ingredients?
  5. Is it possible you could add upgrades to expand the number of slots for crafting stations in the interface? (With other mods that add new workstations, I find the current number of slots quickly becomes too few.)
Edit: Just saw the most recent post. My apologies for poor timing.

Based on what @blushiemagic has said before, 1-3: yes, that is intentional.

For 4, there is an option; the pair of buttons to the left of the item name search field will toggle between "craftable", and "all", recipes.

For 5, it was mentioned that there are limitations due to UI size constraints; you can, though, craft separate interfaces and attach them to the same network, to use. You can even switch between them without losing the filter, etc, by right-clicking them while the previous one is open.

Last edited:
Would it by any chance be possible to connect multiple remote storage access panels to one central storage heart?

Farming in different biomes would be a lot easier if that were possible; currently my solution to this problem is the Wireless mod.

Would it by any chance be possible to connect multiple remote storage access panels to one central storage heart?

Farming in different biomes would be a lot easier if that were possible; currently my solution to this problem is the Wireless mod.

It already is possible to do that. You need to craft the locator item, "charge" it on the heart by holding it and right clicking. Then place a remote (red) storage block somewhere, and right click on it while holding the locator. Bam, you have connected it to the heart.

For a second remote access ... do the exact same thing, only in a different place.

PS: how does "wireless" help you connect together storage components?

It already is possible to do that. You need to craft the locator item, "charge" it on the heart by holding it and right clicking. Then place a remote (red) storage block somewhere, and right click on it while holding the locator. Bam, you have connected it to the heart.

For a second remote access ... do the exact same thing, only in a different place.

PS: how does "wireless" help you connect together storage components?

First guess would be a teleporter network, which isn't ideal early-game.

well :red:, I didn't even think to try, I assumed it would clear the previous remote storage. my bad :p

and yeah, a teleporter network to locations of interest. saves me running wires across the world.

Back
Top Bottom