tModLoader Magic Storage

Your suggestion gave me an idea...
To add on, how about (because I'm lazy) not having to click the 'Search' box and instead adding a shortcut to allow just typing and the words will appear in the search?
Nah, cause then you can't move while it's open.

How is the Crafting Interface going to work? Maybe instead of showing what you have in the system, it shows all the things you can make? Or just the normal crafting menu on the side?

Whenever I use this, my OCD hates seeing 3 or 4 enchanted boomerangs without a prefix, and then there is a Quick or Shoddy one directly to the left of it not stacking. Would it be at all possible to add a button to the side that would clear all prefixes of everything in the storage? Thats kindof extreme for whenever there are a bunch of good prefixes in there. But I would rather have 5 basic unprefixed ankh shields, rather than 4 with different prefixes all stacked separately. And I would prefer not to go to lengths as to download the NoPrefixes mod or anything. It just gets annoying.

Just a thought idk.

Nah, cause then you can't move while it's open.

How is the Crafting Interface going to work? Maybe instead of showing what you have in the system, it shows all the things you can make? Or just the normal crafting menu on the side?
The crafting interface will have one row where you can put crafting stations into, then the rest will show all the recipes you can make. Clicking on the recipe will open another window to the right, that shows the required ingredients, how many of each ingredient you have, and how many of the result you have. You'll also be able to click on ingredients to stop the crafting from consuming them (for example, if you both both pearlwood and normal wood but only want to use normal wood).

Whenever I use this, my OCD hates seeing 3 or 4 enchanted boomerangs without a prefix, and then there is a Quick or Shoddy one directly to the left of it not stacking. Would it be at all possible to add a button to the side that would clear all prefixes of everything in the storage? Thats kindof extreme for whenever there are a bunch of good prefixes in there. But I would rather have 5 basic unprefixed ankh shields, rather than 4 with different prefixes all stacked separately. And I would prefer not to go to lengths as to download the NoPrefixes mod or anything. It just gets annoying.

Just a thought idk.
Hmm, I don't want to clear prefixes, but what I can do is make it so that items with different prefixes will still appear visually in the same slot.

I think implementing a recipe system based on cheatsheat's recipe viewer would probably work out better. Use a separate window with a scroll capability and a search bar to find something specific. (resizable would be awesome, but probably not an option)

Would the crafting interface work like an all-item-crafting station, like the Guide's Final Gift from the Thorium Mod?
If so, that's a little too overpowered.
Or would it craft based on the crafting stations near you?

Will the crafting interface have character inventory interaction as well? (items in char inventory used in crafting, in conjunction with items in storage)

Will the crafting interface have character inventory interaction as well? (items in char inventory used in crafting, in conjunction with items in storage)
I was originally planning not to, but now that I think about it that wouldn't be too hard.

I need help; I don't know why I can't break the storage unit.

Attachments

• storage unit.PNG
    storage unit.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 681
I got this error when I tried to click into the storage in a multiplayer game. It would keep flashing my vanity set. I took off my vanity set and got this Crash Log:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at MagicStorage.Components.StorageSystemEnumerator.MoveNext()
at MagicStorage.Components.StoredItemsEnumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at MagicStorage.Sorting.ItemSorter.SortAndFilter(IEnumerable`1 items, SortMode sortMode, String filter)
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Refre:red:ems()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.UpdateItemSlots()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Any Ideas why?

Please add a way to connect multiple storage hearts to the same storage units.. running a storage connector through opposite sides of the world is kinda ugly and time consuming

This is really an awesome and useful mod and I really like but I have 2 suggestions for it ....1 Could you make the storage connecters work through walls I mean like wires..and 2 could you make us not able to stand on the storage units

I got this error when I tried to click into the storage in a multiplayer game. It would keep flashing my vanity set. I took off my vanity set and got this Crash Log:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at MagicStorage.Components.StorageSystemEnumerator.MoveNext()
at MagicStorage.Components.StoredItemsEnumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at MagicStorage.Sorting.ItemSorter.SortAndFilter(IEnumerable`1 items, SortMode sortMode, String filter)
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Refre:red:ems()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.UpdateItemSlots()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Any Ideas why?
Hmm, that is odd. I'll try to do something about that in the next update.

Please add a way to connect multiple storage hearts to the same storage units.. running a storage connector through opposite sides of the world is kinda ugly and time consuming
You can use a Remote Access instead.

This is really an awesome and useful mod and I really like but I have 2 suggestions for it ....1 Could you make the storage connecters work through walls I mean like wires..and 2 could you make us not able to stand on the storage units
I don't want to make connectors work like wires due to the amount of memory that would take up. Also, there is currently a bug (that's not getting fixed anytime soon) where you can't stand on upgraded storage units.

I know this is kinda against the grain, but could you add some way for the storage to wipe modifiers?

I don't have an issue with remodifying to get the particular one I want. Having a type of item in 20 different slots of the storage is kinda bonkers to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom