Game Mechanics Make PC and Console/Mobile the Same! (IDEA)

Do you think PC and Console will be the same eventually?

• I hope so, and it's likely

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I hope so, but it's not likely (tell me why)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, but it's likely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and it's not likely (tell me why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TrueTerra2011

Terrarian
I've been playing Terraria on my Xbox ONE for quite a while now, and I just recently got the Terra Blade. But I've noticed something. Browsing through the unofficial Terraria wiki, I found a lot of items that are exclusive to PC, and on Console. However, crafting recipes on console cost more. The game is also harder on console. Why? There's weapons such as the Meowmere that do 200 damage, while the Terra Blade does around 100, which is only half of it, and is the best weapon on console, mobile too. It even opens up to a whole new idea: crossplay. Yeah, crossplay between the PC, Console, Mobile, and 3DS versions. I understand maybe not mobile, because the servers work differently, but at least PC and Console, they're semi-similar. It ticks a lot of PC players off that Console users like me get bosses such as Ocram and that Dragon Armor, etc. It ticks a lot of Console players like me, that PC users get the Moon Lord, Meowmere, better gear and bosses, etc. It would take a lot of work, but I'm suggesting maybe in a large 1.4 update the developers would introduce the same mechanics, and in 1.4.1 or 1.5 they would introduce crossplay and maybe even servers. But I'll get to that in another discussion.

Long story short, for people who don't have much time, I want the PC and Console versions the same and maybe even crossplay. Who wants to buy a giant PC or Console just to get new, cool items in this game? Rich people, but not lower mid-class like me and most gamers out there. Tell me about your ideas in the discussion below.

I've been playing Terraria on my Xbox ONE for quite a while now, and I just recently got the Terra Blade. But I've noticed something. Browsing through the unofficial Terraria wiki, I found a lot of items that are exclusive to PC, and on Console. However, crafting recipes on console cost more. The game is also harder on console. Why? There's weapons such as the Meowmere that do 200 damage, while the Terra Blade does around 100, which is only half of it, and is the best weapon on console, mobile too. It even opens up to a whole new idea: crossplay. Yeah, crossplay between the PC, Console, Mobile, and 3DS versions. I understand maybe not mobile, because the servers work differently, but at least PC and Console, they're semi-similar. It ticks a lot of PC players off that Console users like me get bosses such as Ocram and that Dragon Armor, etc. It ticks a lot of Console players like me, that PC users get the Moon Lord, Meowmere, better gear and bosses, etc. It would take a lot of work, but I'm suggesting maybe in a large 1.4 update the developers would introduce the same mechanics, and in 1.4.1 or 1.5 they would introduce crossplay and maybe even servers. But I'll get to that in another discussion.

Long story short, for people who don't have much time, I want the PC and Console versions the same and maybe even crossplay. Who wants to buy a giant PC or Console just to get new, cool items in this game? Rich people, but not lower mid-class like me and most gamers out there. Tell me about your ideas in the discussion below.
Hi @TrueTerra2011, welcome to the forums.

The good news is that Pipeworks is working right now to update Xbox One and PS4 as close to the PC as they can. There's no plans for crossplay between platforms at the moment though.

Here is more info:
Xbox One and PS4 will get the 1.3 update
(target date is now Q3 2017)

Meet Pipeworks

Watch the Streams
Pipeworks streams Terraria on Twitch every Friday at 2:00pm PT, answering questions, sometimes showing off spoilers and inviting the Terraria community to join them online to play.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Red said that he will never add mobile or console items. He probably wants there to be a reason for playing the other versions.

iirc (I could be wrong), when I read Terraria's article on TVTropes, there was some drama in the past between Red and the Terraria fans which ended in Red refusing to ever make non-PC items available on PC.

I hear that the console version is getting an expert mode soon. I'm still curious about the mobile though. Will it ever be anything like the PC version?

Back
Top Bottom