tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

I had the same problem. Then I extracted MechTransfer, made it compatible with Magic Storage Extra and rebuild it. I would upload it somewhere, but doing that without the creators permission is probably not a good idea.

I had the same problem. Then I extracted MechTransfer, made it compatible with Magic Storage Extra and rebuild it. I would upload it somewhere, but doing that without the creators permission is probably not a good idea.
As it turns out, I already gave you the permission to do this. :)
So, what did it take to get the mod working with Magic Storage Extra? Is it just a matter of recompiling with the new reference? I'm guessing that would break compatibility with the original Magic Storage though.
If you can come up with a solution, that makes both versions work with the same MechTransfer build, and submit a PR for it, I can also update the official mod browser download. I don't really have the time right now to actually look into solving the problem, unfortunately...

So, what did it take to get the mod working with Magic Storage Extra? Is it just a matter of recompiling with the new reference? I'm guessing that would break compatibility with the original Magic Storage though.
If you can come up with a solution, that makes both versions work with the same MechTransfer build, and submit a PR for it, I can also update the official mod browser download. I don't really have the time right now to actually look into solving the problem, unfortunately...
It was actually quite simple. Magic Storage Extra doesnt work with MechTransfer because it checks for MagicStorage and Magic Storage Extra is, well, MagicStorageExtra. So all I really had to do was look for everything that references MagicStorage, make a copy of it and change MagicStorage to MagicStorageExtra. Leaves the old code intact and adds support for the new one.

Havent used GitHub in ages so I hope the PR is fine. It should compile if you still have your old setup. Just make sure to reference both Magic Storage and Magic Storage Extra. If you dont have your old setup and it says it wants a whole lot of ModContent. then I can PR that version as well.

Yay! I finally did the thing I said was gonna, and uploaded a new version to the ModBrowser.
  • Added MagicStorageExtra support
  • Fixed a duplication glitch with the Transfer Assembler
That's about it, pretty much.

Hello, this properly isn't active anymore, but I have been using your mod, which is just a stroke of genius and very underrated. how can I use the assembler to build silver coins? when I put one silver coin it says the required ingredients needs a gold coin, and there seems to be no way to turn 100 copper into silver, do you know what is going on or what I should do?

Hello, this properly isn't active anymore, but I have been using your mod, which is just a stroke of genius and very underrated. how can I use the assembler to build silver coins? when I put one silver coin it says the required ingredients needs a gold coin, and there seems to be no way to turn 100 copper into silver, do you know what is going on or what I should do?
It's trying to craft both silver coin recipes (copper -> silver and gold -> silver)

will this mod be migrated to tmod 1.4 beta
The beta? Definitely not. I don't have the time to fix up my mod every time the tML team decide to break something for no apparent reason. Once the thing is actually properly released, maybe. But knowing tML, that in itself doesn't guarantee any sort of stability either...

The beta? Definitely not. I don't have the time to fix up my mod every time the tML team decide to break something for no apparent reason. Once the thing is actually properly released, maybe. But knowing tML, that in itself doesn't guarantee any sort of stability either...
okay, thank you.

With TModLoader Being updated to a 1.4 Stable version. Are you now considering updating Mech Transfer to the current 1.4.3.6 version of Terraria. Or will you be waiting until Terraria 1.4.4 comes out and TModloader updates to that?

With TModLoader Being updated to a 1.4 Stable version. Are you now considering updating Mech Transfer to the current 1.4.3.6 version of Terraria. Or will you be waiting until Terraria 1.4.4 comes out and TModloader updates to that?
Well, like I said, maybe. I'm not sure I want to bother with 1.4 at all. If I'm gonna do it, I'll probably also need to overhaul the automatic crafting mechanic, cause the current one just does not work. I have some complicated ideas for that, which I'll need to tone down a bit, since I really don't want to spend too much time on making Terraria mods anymore.
The issue with porting to 1.4 is really not changes to vanilla, the game is largely still the same old spaghetti it used to be, just with a bit more content. The biggest changes were made to tML, since the team decided this would be a great time to rearrange the whole API and break every single mod. They are not wrong on that, I suppose, it's (allegedly) the last major update to the game, might as well clean things up now. So what I'm trying to say, is that there is not much point in waiting for 1.4.4, since it probably won't effect me in the slightest.

Well I for one hope you feel up to coming back and fixing it for 1.4 someday. Its become one of my favorite mods and every playthrough has it now. Maybe in a year or two when 1.4 tmod is more stable you or someone else will feel up to battling the API again :D

Well, like I said, maybe. I'm not sure I want to bother with 1.4 at all. If I'm gonna do it, I'll probably also need to overhaul the automatic crafting mechanic, cause the current one just does not work. I have some complicated ideas for that, which I'll need to tone down a bit, since I really don't want to spend too much time on making Terraria mods anymore.
The issue with porting to 1.4 is really not changes to vanilla, the game is largely still the same old spaghetti it used to be, just with a bit more content. The biggest changes were made to tML, since the team decided this would be a great time to rearrange the whole API and break every single mod. They are not wrong on that, I suppose, it's (allegedly) the last major update to the game, might as well clean things up now. So what I'm trying to say, is that there is not much point in waiting for 1.4.4, since it probably won't effect me in the slightest.
So, are you doing it now?

Does anyone know of a Mod Similar to this? Mainly One the has and item that functions the same as the Transfer Inlet where it will suck up items and put them in a chest? Preferably it would be compatible with Magic Storage and have the ability to filter items as well but neither are absolutely necessary

I don't have much to add on this, beyond what I wrote last year. I'm busy with getting a degree, I don't have the time for these sorts of projects right now, and I don't really want to have to deal with constant API changes anyway. Maybe in a year or so I could think about working on it, but not now.
The mod is open source though, so there's nothing stopping anyone from just forking it and porting it to 1.4. I'd be a bit more reluctant to official hand this over to somebody else, like I did with Shop Expander, cause this is more of a creative product, and I still have some ideas for it. Though like said, that doesn't mean much, you're still free to fork it.

I know people keep bothering you with, are you gonna make it n1.4 blah blah blah. I'm not gonna ask because I already know the answer and I may not like it, it's all up to you. I just wanna say this is my absolute favorite mod and I cannot believe no one ever thought of what you built. I've made mob traps that made the game so effecient it's completely laughable. Converting all the money to it's highest value, copper to silver to gold yada yada yada. And every big item going directly to magic storage. I think I still have pictures of the designs if anyone wants them. Long story short. I love your mods and I hope sincerely that mech transfer makes it to 1.4 sooner rather than later. Or maybe someone could tell me how porting works and I'll do it. I really want this mod on 1.4 Main message, thanks for the amazing mod. I hope you get everything you want in life.

Back
Top Bottom