tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Placing transfer wires makes all furniture invisible.
Once the wire is out of the screen, everything is visible again

Yea, they need to either get off the screen or be destroyed. I'm guessing it's a loading error

I had set them up in the spawn point center of the world. Rand all the way to the bottom right of the world and then tired to both run back and recall back.

Everything connected was still invisible. So perhaps our definitions of "Off the screen" are different.

Loving the mod so far, but there's been a couple issues that are threatening its usability. I've encountered the transfer pipes causing furniture to turn invisible. Additionally, any pipe except the first you place are also invisible. Or rather, it seems like the topmost pipe stays visible.

Additionally, the assemblers don't seem to like working with anything that has multiple recipes. I was testing this with coins, trying to make a coin condenser. For example, a gold coin can be crafted with 100 silver coins, or 100 gold coins is made from a platinum coin. The problem is, when I give the assembler the gold coin recipe, and have 100 silver in the chest, it says it is missing ingredients (platinum coin) and I can't change this. Perhaps having a way to cycle through possible recipes would help this?

EDIT: The coin recipes actually seem to be working with the multiple recipes, but the actual issue was something else. I have two assemblers on the same chest, one for silver and one for gold coins. When it would get 100 silver, it would turn it into a gold coin, but then the other one would turn that gold coin into 100 silver coins. Or rather, it would try, but the end result actually only made 1 silver coin. 100 silver would turn into 1 gold would turn into 1 silver.

Also, as a small thing, is it possible you could make the transfer inlet placeable without needing a solid block beneath it? It seems like it should be placeable like a platform, and the requirement of solid blocks beneath it makes it hard to work into buids.

Anyways, I see a lot of potential with this mod, so I'm excited to see where it goes. Here's hoping these are simple fixes.

Last edited:
Yea, they need to either get off the screen or be destroyed. I'm guessing it's a loading error
I had set them up in the spawn point center of the world. Rand all the way to the bottom right of the world and then tired to both run back and recall back.

Everything connected was still invisible. So perhaps our definitions of "Off the screen" are different.
this event happened to me aswell as long as i had spiritmod activated. seems to be an issue with one of their recent updates

Well, it looks like I missed a whole bunch of alerts, somehow. So here we go: :)

Also, as a small thing, is it possible you could make the transfer inlet placeable without needing a solid block beneath it? It seems like it should be placeable like a platform, and the requirement of solid blocks beneath it makes it hard to work into buids.
I originally made the inlet to be placeable like a teleporter. (Then that got me into a lot of trouble, because of chests.) The thing is with TileObjects (i.e. furniture/multi tile things) is that the regular placement rules don't apply to them. You can give them various kinds of anchors, like bottom, side or wall and they will attach to other blocks. I don't think it's actually possible to make them behave like regular blocks. If I gave them no anchors, you cold just place them anywhere, and make sky ladders. Maybe I can use a custom CanPlace, but I had issues with that previously.

Placing transfer wires makes all furniture invisible.
this event happened to me aswell as long as i had spiritmod activated.
That's interesting. Do other blocks cause this as well, or is it exclusively the Transfer Pipe? If I messed up the pipe, than I feel like other mods should have already broke it. I'll look into this later.

Additionally, the assemblers don't seem to like working with anything that has multiple recipes. I was testing this with coins, trying to make a coin condenser. For example, a gold coin can be crafted with 100 silver coins, or 100 gold coins is made from a platinum coin. The problem is, when I give the assembler the gold coin recipe, and have 100 silver in the chest, it says it is missing ingredients (platinum coin) and I can't change this. Perhaps having a way to cycle through possible recipes would help this?
So, I'm guessing you have something like this?
upPEfa4.png

Well, yes, that would kind of just craft a gold coin and than craft it right back. What you want, is a separate chest for turning copper into silver, which than pipes into a different chest, where you turn it into gold. I did think about the configurable recipe thing, but I didn't want to add unnecessary GUI to the mod. I might think about this in the future, but now I have plenty of other thing to worry about.

EDIT: The coin recipes actually seem to be working with the multiple recipes, but the actual issue was something else. I have two assemblers on the same chest, one for silver and one for gold coins. When it would get 100 silver, it would turn it into a gold coin, but then the other one would turn that gold coin into 100 silver coins. Or rather, it would try, but the end result actually only made 1 silver coin. 100 silver would turn into 1 gold would turn into 1 silver.
Now that's bad. I designed this whole thing specifically so that it could not just eat items. Can you send me a screenshot of you exact setup, so I can recreate it? Also, what other mods are you using?

That's interesting. Do other blocks cause this as well, or is it exclusively the Transfer Pipe? If I messed up the pipe, than I feel like other mods should have already broke it. I'll look into this later.
of the blocks i've seen so far, this has been the only one.

I have this visual bug. All furniture, grass and trees, which is lower than the pipe, invisible while pipe on screen. What I should do to solve this problem?

Attachments

• no pipes.png
    no pipes.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 402
  • one pipe.png
    one pipe.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 402
I have this visual bug. All furniture, grass and trees, which is lower than the pipe, invisible while pipe on screen. What I should do to solve this problem?
if you would have looked into this thread, you would know that this issue was reported already and that @DRKV is trying to solve it...
what you can do to temporarily solve it: disable SpiritMod.
its some sort of incompatibility between these two mods, which causes that issue

Is it possible to use Transfer filter without pipes?
Ok. it's possible, but very hard and massive.

Last edited:
100 silver would turn into 1 gold would turn into 1 silver.
I just figured out why that happened. And it is indeed bad. :) Recipes which give you multiple items will turn into just one item in certain situations. I made a quick fix (v1.2.4), but it's a bit tacky. The assembler will now stockpile the results until it can deposit them. I kinda wanted to change how the assembler works altogether anyway, make it a bit more involved.

I have a small bug to report: the new turrets are unable to use the endless arrow quiver or modded equivalents.
Well... Ok then. I didn't really want to let people do that, but it's pretty simple to implement with the new method I'm using for injecting items. So expect this feature in the next update. Unlimited ammo from Luiafk should work too.

Back
Top Bottom