tModLoader Metroid Mod

would it be possible to be able to disable metroid-themed enemy spawns as the dont drop anything useful
also ive started a new bounty:spirit mod
edit: finished spirit mod...kinda dissapointing
i am once again asking for your support in finding content mods to kill time and hunt bounties waiting for an update
edit: new bounty: elements awoken
also found a bug to dupe items using magicstorageextra when the beam/missile interface is open, still havent figured out how to replicate it, but ive been able to double my missiles and dupe spazer

Last edited:
I have noticed a bug with the morph ball, when you use it, it disables the left click function of items (eg: wishing glass(Thorium) no longer allows you to toggle destination, it acts as a faster magic mirror or whatever mode you set before entering morph ball)
That's because of the Morph Ball Drill function, which uses left click. Just so you know.

just wanted to say that I added up all the playtime from all the various playthroughs I've done and I've logged more than 430 hours on this mod! so yeah, it's really good
finished elements awakened, pretty solid mod save for the leviathan boss whose speed makes him an un-fun fight
edit: new bounties: polarities and split mods
another protip: for clearing out areas of stone or dirt with morph ball drill, have staff of regrowth selected in hotbar with smart cursor on
edit:finished split mod, short and sweet with good sprites fun fights too. except seth. i love me some bullet hell but mandatory instakill mechanics and disabling RoD will ALWAYS be a poor design decision. im glad calamity removed theirs.
time for polarities
edit: phazon meteor spawns are still VERY inconsistent
edit:sga mod is p dang gud save for phaetheon which is not even remotely enjoyable due to excessive mechanics, could easily be split into multiple independent bosses. touhou lunatic difficulty is less obnoxious. im not remotely ashamed to say i used butcher a few times. terrible boss.
sorry for blogposting but im going to keep posting here until the devs say this mod is dead

Last edited:
Hello there! I've run into what I believe is a bug related to the Phazon meteor wherein my meteor will not spawn no matter how long I wait. I've killed Plantera twice now, waiting 10-15 minutes after each kill to have nothing pop in chat or my world. It could be related to a mod incompatibility, but I sure hope not because I don't want to make a new world! I can post my mod list if needed, but the big one is Fargo's mutant mod as I had eternity mode on for the first kill. Sorry if this seems rambly, I'm running on coffee about nothing else so brain isn't working very well.

Hello there! I've run into what I believe is a bug related to the Phazon meteor wherein my meteor will not spawn no matter how long I wait. I've killed Plantera twice now, waiting 10-15 minutes after each kill to have nothing pop in chat or my world. It could be related to a mod incompatibility, but I sure hope not because I don't want to make a new world! I can post my mod list if needed, but the big one is Fargo's mutant mod as I had eternity mode on for the first kill. Sorry if this seems rambly, I'm running on coffee about nothing else so brain isn't working very well.
It may be because you have a sky bridge. Since you're using Fargo's Mutant Mod, I'm guessing you've already crafted an instabridge and used it? If so, simply make a hole temporarily in your new skybridge for the phazon meteor to spawn and then fill it in once you're done. You won't have to worry about getting more meteors as phazon begins naturally spawning when you mine the red phazon.

However, if you do not have a skybridge, then the fix mentioned in the changelog didn't work, in which case all we can do is wait for Scooter to update the mod

It may be because you have a sky bridge. Since you're using Fargo's Mutant Mod, I'm guessing you've already crafted an instabridge and used it? If so, simply make a hole temporarily in your new skybridge for the phazon meteor to spawn and then fill it in once you're done. You won't have to worry about getting more meteors as phazon begins naturally spawning when you mine the red phazon.

However, if you do not have a skybridge, then the fix mentioned in the changelog didn't work, in which case all we can do is wait for Scooter to update the mod
The only skybridge I have is in the underworld, so I guess all we can do is wait for an update ;-;

Last edited:
I have a mod idea a fully fleshed out necromancer mod like solo leveling and I don't mean for creating a sL mod just a necromancer class that raises the undead I think that would be cool

I have a mod idea a fully fleshed out necromancer mod like solo leveling and I don't mean for creating a sL mod just a necromancer class that raises the undead I think that would be cool
I believe you have the wrong location for that request, as this is the forum page dedicated solely to the Metroid Mod. Making your request elsewhere may prove more fruitful!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side note, the "Leveled Mod" that introduces, well, levelling mechanics is wholly incompatible with Kraid, as it overwrites his defense stat to always be super high and never go down, even with his mouth open. It may be incompatible with more fights, however at the point in progression I am currently in with this playthrough I cannot check. Just thought I'd let y'all know so you can add that to your compatibility section. Love the mod so far btw! :dryadpassionate:

it's a common bug, even with NO skybride it sometimes just refuses to spawn and i cant be bothered to remove all my floating islands but i did get this to happen once
best thing you can do is cheat in phazon core by copying from another world then destoying it in your world to corrupt it then just mine phazon

Attachments

• 1281930_20220617222414_1.png
    1281930_20220617222414_1.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 78
The wait for the port is killing me, but really, waiting is all I can do. I don't know if I can go back to 1.3 after playing 1.4 for so long. One of the things I hope to see added to the port is some sort of item that highlights every missile tank on the map, Missile Tanks were usually the problem in my playthroughs of this mod

Last edited:
The wait for the port is killing me, but really, waiting is all I can do. I don't know if I can go back to 1.3 after playing 1.4 for so long. One of the things I hope to see added to the port is some sort of item that highlights every missile tank on the map, Missile Tanks were usually the problem in my playthroughs of this mod
The port is available in the discord.

Some of it is broken. Enough of it works that it's still fun to use. Once you're wearing a full Power Suit or above, (Not the Chozo armor.) there's an entire new UI that shows up on the screen with slots for the assorted upgrades and powerups you get.

I know this isn't the place to report bugs, so don't consider this to be an actual bug report. I downloaded the version from 7/12 from the Github channel on the Discord and this list reflects my findings from that version. Note that I only just defeated Wall of Flesh, so that's as far as I am.

1) Although there are config options for moving around the suit/beam/missile/ball UI elements, they don't drag properly at all depending on where you clicked/held the button to drag it.
2) They don't always remember their positions between opening and closing the inventory.
3) The aount of energy in refilled energy tanks doesn't seem to be remembered between sessions. I constantly find it empty despite having HERO mod's God mode on during testing, for example.
(Design quirk, not a bug.) 4) The Chozo pick can't break Chozo bricks (Or Chozo Columns.) despite being made from materials that are found from defeating the boss of the place lined in Chozo bricks - The most important reason for the place.

That's about everything I've found so far.

Last edited:
This is a WIP attempt to update the Metroid Mod from tModLoader 1.3 to tModLoader 1.4. It is very broken.
>it is very broken
ill wait it out
I just tried it and besides some occasional slight lagginess (that is barely perceptible, with only a brief 1-3 frame drop on loading new areas that might be due to my other mods), it works like a charm. Plus the new spritework is very good. I'd recommend downloading from the discord and not the github though, since that's where I got it.

I am also sharing this with the community and everyone is more than willing to share.

Metroid Calamity Boss Ideas

Prehard Mode: Botwoon, Desert Geemer Queen, Sky Waver

Hard Mode: Astral Serris, Glowing Mushroom Spore Spawn, Sulfur Draygon, Ecto Phantoon (dungeon)

Post Moonlord: Profaned Kraid, Astreal Arachnus, Flaming Escue (pumpkin moon post Jungle Dragon Round 1) Frost Zazabi (Frost Moon post Jungle Dragon Round 1)

I just tried it and besides some occasional slight lagginess (that is barely perceptible, with only a brief 1-3 frame drop on loading new areas that might be due to my other mods), it works like a charm. Plus the new spritework is very good. I'd recommend downloading from the discord and not the github though, since that's where I got it.
Same here, pretty good so far with one exception: The Grapple Beam doesn't work for me. Everything else I've tried has worked, and am just getting ready to try Kraid.

Back
Top Bottom