tModLoader Metroid Mod

Not too big on modded, but this mod is near perfection. A bit on the powerful side for normal mode, but I will probably use it for expert in the future. However, I found the power-scaling very exciting. It *felt* like metroid, and that should be saying something. Really hope the transition to 1.4 goes well, this mod goes above and beyond to be both mechanically and visually striking.

I think that the extent of player choice is a bit hindered for a Terraria mod, though. I wish the freedom of post-ML were a feature for all of progression. Plenty of morphball bomb iterations to counter this point, although none of them felt especially useful. I think this is where a bit more liberties could be taken. More (perhaps non-canon) alternatives to upgrades like the wave or ice beam could serve to give the hunter class more depth in the way that dart guns or flails give their respective classes more mileage without flat stat increases.
I'm just posting my initial thoughts here, I apologize if these discussions have already been had.

Fantastic mod, 10/10 from me.
Imagine mixing it with Calamity.

Imagine mixing it with Calamity.
I was actually just trying that. Early game damage scaling is a a bit behind so far, though.
I'm also finding the experience a bit less transformative, given that metroid mod items are all a separate class and (to my knowledge) they do not receive benefit from anything other than unclassed bonuses.

So I've managed to defeat eternity mode mutant with all hunter-class accessories and craft the soul of eternity after more attempts than i want to admit (he basically one shots).
Fargo's souls mod makes the lag caused by this mod VERY apparent as all the boss fights are basically in slo-mo, but it made for one hell of a fight each time.
next up: calamity infernum mode
update: infernum mode disables the grapple beam, so thats out, any ideas for other challenges?

also protip:
have your pick selected in the hotbar then you can use smartcursor when using morphball drill

Last edited:
So the default branch for Tmodloader is now the 1.4 version. I hope this mod will eventually get a port to that version.

May be a while. A week at least in me perspective. I can wait. I am excited to use the Metroid gear on the new 1.4 bosses.
hell yeah... greatest mod of all time and the newest version?

also part of me wants the hyper beam to be a daytime empress drop. Not likely, although I do hope some day we get something to take that spot...

hell yeah... greatest mod of all time and the newest version?

also part of me wants the hyper beam to be a daytime empress drop. Not likely, although I do hope some day we get something to take that spot...
Maybe the Empress will drop something else. Oh, and when I said Mixing it with Calamity from the last reply you made, I meant a crossover Mod that makes Metroid Based Calamity Weapons, Power Ups, Suits, and even bosses.

More (perhaps non-canon) alternatives to upgrades like the wave or ice beam could serve to give the hunter class more depth in the way that dart guns or flails give their respective classes more mileage without flat stat increases.
There's all the weapons from Metroid Prime Hunters that can serve those purposes
daytime EoL could drop Omega Cannon ammo
also 1.4 port could take months
Edit: in calamity, beam weapons count as rogue for xp purposes, (best power beam is unreal while missile launcher is flawless) while bombs count as ranged

Last edited:
Got an interesting idea for summoning Mother Brain if she was added. Just like with the Chozo Temple, Tourian will a generated structure that spawns with the map. And you must traverse though it and it's enemies to reach the main room. Now to summon Mother Brain, you need to use Missiles to shatter her container and damage her so she can rise and begin fighting her. After the boss, the Chozo Ghost will sell Mother Brain Summoners called: Brain Capsule. Summoning it will cause Mother Brain's head to fall from the sky then she wakes up and the rematch begins. Yes, I am basing this battle off Super Metroid.

But TBH, I am wanting Ridley more then Mother Brain.

Got an interesting idea for summoning Mother Brain if she was added. Just like with the Chozo Temple, Tourian will a generated structure that spawns with the map. And you must traverse though it and it's enemies to reach the main room. Now to summon Mother Brain, you need to use Missiles to shatter her container and damage her so she can rise and begin fighting her. After the boss, the Chozo Ghost will sell Mother Brain Summoners called: Brain Capsule. Summoning it will cause Mother Brain's head to fall from the sky then she wakes up and the rematch begins. Yes, I am basing this battle off Super Metroid.

But TBH, I am wanting Ridley more then Mother Brain.
I feel like ANOTHER big structure in the world would be a lot
Which is why I think that this mod would benefit a lot from using subworlds for its dungeons

I feel like ANOTHER big structure in the world would be a lot
Which is why I think that this mod would benefit a lot from using subworlds for its dungeons
Honestly, I think subworlds could be pretty neat just because it allows you to put those map-making aspects to use and make proper metroid environments/rooms. Perhaps a lot of subworlds are accessible through portals around the main world, but they are intraversible without certain upgrades.

Honestly, I think subworlds could be pretty neat just because it allows you to put those map-making aspects to use and make proper metroid environments/rooms. Perhaps a lot of subworlds are accessible through portals around the main world, but they are intraversible without certain upgrades.
Yeah. Create smaller structures in the overworld to create the illusion of going into a bigger place

Yeah. Create smaller structures in the overworld to create the illusion of going into a bigger place
I'm a bit divided on that. It's just Terraria never had other dimensions and I am a little worried my game will crash if I load one in. On the other hand, sounds like a way to show the other planets Samus has been on.

I'm a bit divided on that. It's just Terraria never had other dimensions and I am a little worried my game will crash if I load one in. On the other hand, sounds like a way to show the other planets Samus has been on.
Subworld library exists. A ton of mods use it

But if we don't take the other worlds route. I wonder where Tourian would be. My instinct says in the Dungeon. But I wonder when the doors to Tourian unlock. I know the blocks would be unbreakable.
I think that wherever Ridley is in this mod, it should be after him, because he's usually always the last boss you beat before opening tourian in both nestroid/ZM and super

I think that wherever Ridley is in this mod, it should be after him, because he's usually always the last boss you beat before opening tourian in both nestroid/ZM and super
But then when does Ridley spawn? I am mostly looking at vanilla progression for the timetable.

But then when does Ridley spawn? I am mostly looking at vanilla progression for the timetable.
Golden Torizo is post-golem, Ridley canonically is post-gold torizo. Likely pre-ML but post-cultist. I could see Tourian being inaccessible until after you get access to post-ML equipment, but some rescaling might be necessary to make that work. A higher pickaxe power might also need to exist just to compensate for the tiles that would need to constitute tourian.

This is personally where I see the argument for sub-worlds making sense.
Adding a no tile damage restriction works if all of Tourian is a separate "dungeon" world unlocked by beating every previous metroid boss. That's beside the argument of whether subworlds are stable or viable in this case, just arguing in favor of the mechanic itself.

unlocked by beating every previous metroid boss.
I agree with this, as tourian has always been locked behind defeating bosses but I just wanted to say that I dont really like the idea of mother brain as the final boss of the mod. Sure, itd definitely work, but I dont know. Something about it doesn't rub me the right way. There are definitely some thatd be a lot better as a final boss. (My personal pick would be Dark Samus)

Back
Top Bottom