tModLoader Miscellania

Question time:
Is it worth having an options file for Miscellania?

I know I already implemented it... But on second thought, it's totally pointless right now. If you don't want to use an item, just don't use it, it's not like Vanilla Tweaks or anything like that. So I'm thinking I should remove the config file for now, but I need to hear your opinion on this.

I mean if it's already implemented, why remove it? It's not hurting anyone, and customability is always good.

As I recall, the Undertale items were divisive for some people. The option to disable them will probably smooth some ruffled feathers. Besides, why make extra work for yourself undoing what's already done?

I mean if it's already implemented, why remove it? It's not hurting anyone, and customability is always good.
This. My only issue with this mod is the couple 'stone' items -- they don't fit with the rest of the mod or Terraria for that matter imo.

Although since I still value and enjoy most of the other items, it's nice to have the option to disable the few I don't care for. :)

Alright, it looks most people either don't want me to remove the config file or don't really care. So it's going to stay.

Also I should mention that I'm working on a content update, so stay tuned.

Miscellania v1.3 has been released!
  • New enemies were added: Baseball Bats! Here's an example of a baseball bat:
    zl1V6V0.png
    • Rarely spawn instead of regular bats.
    • rC0Ub83.png
      Baseball Bat - a 25% drop (50% in Expert Mode). A weak weapon in terms of damage, but has ridiculous knockback (slightly weaker than the Slap Hand)
    • Bot0PGZ.png
      Baseball Cap - vanity.
  • New crafting material:
    OyrSNuI.png
    Wormhole Crystal. Drops from teleporting mages in the Hardmode Dungeon.
    • Currently only used for one item: the
      duYqvhD.png
      Wormhole Mirror. Works like an endless Wormhole Potion for multiplayer.
    • More uses are planned in the future.
  • I84Qhd9.png
    Sandstone Slab Wall
  • Mana Stone now has less uses and heals less mana (100 as opposed to 150).
  • Red Brick Fireplace now properly gives out light.
  • Orb of Light is now more transparent.
  • Fixes bug where sometimes the game crashes during mod reloading.
Not a huge update, but I hope you enjoy it.

Miscellania v1.3 has been released!
  • New crafting material:
    OyrSNuI.png
    Wormhole Crystal. Drops from teleporting mages in the Hardmode Dungeon.
    • Currently only used for one item: the
      duYqvhD.png
      Wormhole Mirror. Works like an endless Wormhole Potion for multiplayer.
    • More uses are planned in the future.
Would it be possible to have this be combinable with the Cell Phone in the future, perhaps in the form of a Martian-style high tech transmitter device a la transporters in Star Trek (like, say, a device that could send you as data in order to teleport you)? I've always felt like the Cell Phone should have this function in multiplayer as a reward for acquiring all the necessary materials for multiple cell phones, and this would be a convenient way to implement that in my opinion.

Of course, I can see that being considered perhaps too powerful for a singular item, but I figure it's worth a suggestion anyways.

Would it be possible to have this be combinable with the Cell Phone in the future, perhaps in the form of a Martian-style high tech transmitter device a la transporters in Star Trek (like, say, a device that could send you as data in order to teleport you)? I've always felt like the Cell Phone should have this function in multiplayer as a reward for acquiring all the necessary materials for multiple cell phones, and this would be a convenient way to implement that in my opinion.

Of course, I can see that being considered perhaps too powerful for a singular item, but I figure it's worth a suggestion anyways.
Cell Phone + Wormhole Mirror + Money Trough = Datapad; Left-Click to teleport home, Right-Click to access Piggy Bank, plus all other functions.

Edit: Bonus points if the teleport changes to a Star Trek style "beam up" & "beam down" while you're holding it.

Would it be possible to have this be combinable with the Cell Phone in the future, perhaps in the form of a Martian-style high tech transmitter device a la transporters in Star Trek (like, say, a device that could send you as data in order to teleport you)? -snip-
Cell Phone + Wormhole Mirror + Money Trough = Datapad; Left-Click to teleport home, Right-Click to access Piggy Bank, plus all other functions. -snip-

Originally I wanted to add a combination of the Magic Mirror and the Wormhole Mirror, then change the Cell Phone's recipe to use that as an ingredient (and give it the wormhole ability of course). Then I realized that would screw up singleplayer, because the Wormhole Mirror is useless there and it would just make crafting the Phone more of a pain. So I scrapped the idea and I was too lazy to come up with anything else, I guess.

Though I think I can add two different Cell Phones, one with the standard recipe and one with the Wormhole-combo mirror thing (plus an option to upgrade one into the other). That could work.
Edit: Bonus points if the teleport changes to a Star Trek style "beam up" & "beam down" while you're holding it.
That would be awesome but unfortunately the Wormhole/Recall teleport animations are hardcoded into the game, I can't easily change them.
Undertalia would be a better name for this mod. =P
That was just a phase. I grew out of it, I swear.

This seems like a neat little mod that has some potential to be an even greater little mod, some sprites do need work though and the references to Undertale seem too blatant but you can do whatever with your mod. Good luck making it! :happy:
I love that baseball bat pun

I agree with the cell-phone combo. I may not be alone on this, but I always dug the Ankh Shield and Cell Phone because of the sheer number of materials required to assemble them, and their functionality. Having a multiplayer-exclusive upgrade to the cell-phone would be pretty cool, and certainly make things simpler, considering the number of items I constantly have faved in my inventory (Calamity and Thorium add so much, lord help me). I think having it be the Cell-phone combined with the mirror instead of the mirror being in the base recipe would work better, as you would not need to craft it any higher if you were playing alone.

Also, really dig the mod! Lot's of quality stuff here. I admit I dig the Demon Crown immensely, Cave Story is a personal fave. Any chance you might try your hand at adding the Polar Star/Spur? That would be a fun magic weapon!

New update has been released!
  • esbCH7A.png
    Emblem of Death - a consumable item that teleports you to your last death position. Reduces your maximum HP in half for a few minutes after use (debuff lasts longer in Expert Mode)
  • VHjPUxl.png
    Rod of Warping - a post-Lunar upgrade for the Rod of Discord, requires Luminite and Wormhole Crystals. Chaos State lasts for just 1 second and takes 1/10th of your HP instead of 1/7th.
    • (might be a bit cheaty, but it's fun)
  • xirV4ie.png
    CsNwQvJ.png
    Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror
    • Note that their in-game sprites actually fade between the standard glass and the blue Recall glass every few seconds.
  • cOUjkxj.png
    Upgraded Cell Phone
    • Has two recipes:
      • Normal Cell Phone + Wormhole Mirror
      • PDA + Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror
    • Note that its screen is one pixel taller than the old Cell Phone and it has a tiny front-facing camera. It lets you take magical selfies that teleport you to your friends or something idk who cares
  • Ib0BqFI.png
    Updated sprite for the Heart Necklace thanks to @Zerokk (expect more resprites in the future)
  • Giant Cave Bats no longer spawn in pre-Hardmode
[doublepost=1502569202,1502569039][/doublepost]
I think having it be the Cell-phone combined with the mirror instead of the mirror being in the base recipe would work better, as you would not need to craft it any higher if you were playing alone.
In the end I just added both recipes.
I admit I dig the Demon Crown immensely, Cave Story is a personal fave. Any chance you might try your hand at adding the Polar Star/Spur? That would be a fun magic weapon!
There is a Cave Story mod by jopojelly that adds these weapons. It's pretty neat (though last time I checked, it had recipes like 1 Dirt Block = 1 Polar Star).

New update has been released!
  • esbCH7A.png
    Emblem of Death - a consumable item that teleports you to your last death position. Reduces your maximum HP in half for a few minutes after use (debuff lasts longer in Expert Mode)
  • VHjPUxl.png
    Rod of Warping - a post-Lunar upgrade for the Rod of Discord, requires Luminite and Wormhole Crystals. Chaos State lasts for just 1 second and takes 1/10th of your HP instead of 1/7th.
    • (might be a bit cheaty, but it's fun)
  • xirV4ie.png
    CsNwQvJ.png
    Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror
    • Note that their in-game sprites actually fade between the standard glass and the blue Recall glass every few seconds.
  • cOUjkxj.png
    Upgraded Cell Phone
    • Has two recipes:
      • Normal Cell Phone + Wormhole Mirror
      • PDA + Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror
    • Note that its screen is one pixel taller than the old Cell Phone and it has a tiny front-facing camera. It lets you take magical selfies that teleport you to your friends or something idk who cares
  • Ib0BqFI.png
    Updated sprite for the Heart Necklace thanks to @Zerokk (expect more resprites in the future)
  • Giant Cave Bats no longer spawn in pre-Hardmode
[doublepost=1502569202,1502569039][/doublepost]
In the end I just added both recipes.

There is a Cave Story mod by jopojelly that adds these weapons. It's pretty neat (though last time I checked, it had recipes like 1 Dirt Block = 1 Polar Star).

Excellent~! Some of the other additions are very welcome too! That new Rod of Discord will be a nice upgrade! I admire the speed and dedication to your mods! As for the Cave Story weapons, that is a shame. I would prefer to earn the weapons than have them be cheap and easy to acquire.

i have never done i pull request so check if the one for Miscellania is good and then ill see if i can get my tweaks one up(do tell me if i did anything wrong)

edit: i wasn't able to asterisk the necessary comments in the config file since i haven't used everything, could you do that.

Last edited:
Alright, I have some good news and I have some bad(?) news.
The good news is, I've released an update!
  • Added Mod Settings Configurator compatibility (thanks @Pop000100)
  • Added ability to disable the Ancient Orb of Light.
  • Jvqf0OS.png
    Resprited the vanilla Cell Phone to create a bigger difference between this and the upgrade. It now uses the Magic Mirror palette for the screen (and the shading is nicer maybe?)
    • Can be turned off in the config, of course.
  • Fixed Wormole Recall/Ice Mirror not rendering properly when dropped on the ground.
  • Fixed Wormhole Crystals not dropping when Mirrors are disabled but the Rod of Warping is enabled.
Now for the bad(?) news. I've been thinking about this for a while. I might be stepping down from modding for some time.

This does not mean I'm leaving the community entirely or that I'll stop updating my mods. I just won't spend as much time on them as I used to.

The main reason is that with my current PC situation it's really hard to play modded Terraria without lag or OutOfMemory crashes. I've lost a lot of my interest in the game because of this, and modding is honestly getting a bit tedious. The last few Miscellania updates were just things that my friends requested.

Secondly, I'm working on my own little game. That takes some time and effort.

Also the final year of high school is coming soon so that sucks.

But like I've said, I'm not abandoning my mods or anything. This just means I won't add much content or create anything new for a while. I will still fix bugs and update to new tML versions. And I will come back once I'm in a better spot.

Thank you for reading this (if you did) and thank you for all the support so far, I really appreciate it. I hope you understand.

So, I just got a huge bug. In multiplayer, I put down a Red Brick Chimney. It duplicated, and every furniture layer object on its level or lower instantly vanished. All of them. Everywhere. They weren't gone, but they didn't render as long as the chimney was loaded. Exiting multiplayer and loading the game in singleplayer didn't restore them either. Breaking the chimney fixed it. Placing a chimney in SP works fine, however, and will display normally if the world is loaded in multiplayer after.

Back
Top Bottom