Game Mechanics More Censorship

Spectre Sam

Pixel Pirate
I think that Mourning Wood, Golden Shower, and Master Bait should have different names when blood and gore is off because I don't want my kids exposed to that sort of stuff.

Although, the thing about sex jokes is that kids won’t get them because they don’t understand the terms and subject. A kid won’t even get that master bait is a suggestive joke, they’ll just see “master bait”. If you rewarch watch episodes of the simpsons that you watched when you were younger for example, you’ll see jokes that just flew over your head when you were younger. Probably nothing wrong with censoring these names, but probably not neccesary either.

I started playing Terraria when I was relatively young, and I'll admit it took me until I was 14 or 15 to actually understand those jokes, and up until that point I never questioned those item/enemy names. Also, keep in mind that Terraria has a T rating, and expects players to be at least 14.
me whos secretly 11: yeah...

I didn't understand that one about the Mourning Wood. Can someone explain that to me if possible?
Direct message me if needed.
Yeah same I don’t get it

That proves my point - to get the jokes you have to know the word they’re using, at which point the joke isn’t introducing you to anything you don’t already know.

I understand that the Mourning Wood boss’s name from the Pumpkin Moon event is just only a “boss name”, let alone derived from “Morning Wood”, a nocturnal ERM sleep. I’ve killed this boss so many times, it was easy, and the word “Mourning” means the grieving of someone’s death, and it fits well into the Pumpkin Moon.

Back
Top Bottom