Items More Fishing Items (Armor/weapons)

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
Many players seem to feel that fishing is very repetitive and boring, which results in many skipping it altogether. I believe it can be better integrated to play a more relevant role in progression!

-Neptunium: a new ore found VERY rarely in fishing crates, would be some of the best armor you can get in prehardmode (may come up with stats later), but require a lot of the apparently unpopular fishing. This would be the armor that scales with fishing power, which, along with the other fishing items proposed here (More Fishing Rod Concepts) and here (More Fishing Bait Concepts), would be viable even into hardmode, which is the best implementation in my opinion.
Edit: yes I am also suggesting that you should be able to swing fishing rods with left click (casting is done with right click) Normally this would be very weak, only fit for taking out annoying slimes and stuff so you dont have to switch weapons while you're fishing, but with this armor set, would now be potentially viable as a ... fishing class???

-Rubber Worm (10%) weak but cannot be consumed. This would basically be the infinite ammo item for fishing. Awarded after 50 fishing quests

And lastly, the tackle box should be placeable as a buff station as described in my post here: Placeable Tackle Box (fishing station)

Last edited:
I love the rubber worm idea.

About the armor that scale with fishing power, how would that work? would it look for the first fishing pole/bait in the inventory and using their fishing powers? or are there going to be fishing poles that can also be used as a weapon?

I love the rubber worm idea.

About the armor that scale with fishing power, how would that work? would it look for the first fishing pole/bait in the inventory and using their fishing powers? or are there going to be fishing poles that can also be used as a weapon?
Fishing is done by right clicking right? so just make all rods have a damage number and can hit enemies with left click!

Actually I just realized this would also be extremely helpful in the sense that you wouldn't need to continually switch your weapon and interrupt your cast anymore to get rid of those pesky annoying slimes; a welcome change, I'm sure, to many.

I like the idea. Would the Seaman Armor require the corresponding Angler Piece to craft it? Also what would the Neptunium look like? I’m imagining cobalt but with the shading details of titanium.

Fishing in Terraria is already in a very good spot, it's a valid way of progression and to engage in both the gameplay-Vanity and Social aspects of the game, without being 100% required/ mandatory, or being overbearing; seeing as how only a minority of Terrarians actually enjoy the feature.

I'll address my opinion of your suggestions out of order:

Edit: yes I am also suggesting that you should be able to swing fishing rods with left click (casting is done with right click) Normally this would be very weak, only fit for taking out annoying slimes and stuff so you dont have to switch weapons while you're fishing, but with this armor set, would now be potentially viable as a ... fishing class???
It's already tradition at this point, to simply have active Minions or Sentries while Fishing [especially as a Summoner, which benefits the most from it], this is an unneeded, unnecessary mechanic that adds nothing of substance or value to the game.

-Neptunium: a new ore found VERY rarely in fishing crates, would be some of the best armor you can get in prehardmode (may come up with stats later), but require a lot of the apparently unpopular fishing. This would be the armor that scales with fishing power, which, along with the other fishing items proposed here (More Fishing Rod Concepts) and here (More Fishing Bait Concepts), would be viable even into hardmode, which is the best implementation in my opinion.
You can already find rare Ores and Equipment Fishing, and all of the items are pretty useful. In addition, pre-Hardmode and Hardmode Fishing have been healthily separated [which includes Ores]. Adding yet another possible Ore to the number of the many possible Ores to find - doesn't seem like a desirable feature. In addition, Fishing is mostly a way to improve your Character 'offensively', as to not interfere with Spelunking and gathering of Ore underground.

To me, this suggestion seems to be trying to reintroduce 1.3.5 Meteorite Skip; no thanks!

I was recently reading this post (More fishing content!) which asks for a "Weapon and armor that scale with fishing power." and thought it was a REALLY good idea. So here is make take on that and a few other fishing related items/gear (will add more as I think of it):
Just so you're aware, Fishing has been adjusted to play a rather HUGE role in Building, Township and housing-Furniture. There's a rather LARGE number of exclusive pieces of custom and Quest-base Fishing items. In addition, there are even some powerful and quirky Fishing-exclusive Weapons; in short, Fishing doesn't need any help - it's already a pretty solid feature, especially considering the Biome Crates.

-Rubber Worm (10%) weak but cannot be consumed. This would basically be the infinite ammo item for fishing. Awarded after 50 fishing quests
Unnecessary, anyone who enjoys Fishing in this game will tell you, after a certain number of Quests, the game practically throws powerful Fishing Bait at you.

And lastly, the tackle box should be placeable as a buff station as described in my post here: Placeable Tackle Box (fishing station)
I'm indifferent about this change, but with the Load-out feature, this change doesn't seem necessary either. 🧐 🤷‍♀️

I like the idea. Would the Seaman Armor require the corresponding Angler Piece to craft it? Also what would the Neptunium look like? I’m imagining cobalt but with the shading details of titanium.
Unfortunately, the angler armor is currently nonrenewable so it can't use that as an ingredient otherwise I would say definitely!

For color scheme, im thinking turquoise? And yea titanium armor seems very similar.

1. Feels modded.
  2. After 50th quest player will have a lot of Master Bait. He won't need unlimited 10% bait.
I have seen some people mentioning it should be obtained earlier, which I guess would be okay since the percentage is low, maybe very rarely from crates or something?

I have seen some people mentioning it should be obtained earlier, which I guess would be okay since the percentage is low, maybe very rarely from crates or something?
I don't see reason in this item. You get Wooden and Iron Crates while fishing, they drop Journeyman / Master baits. Also Angler gives a lot of good bait from 10th quest.
I always have an excess amount of good bait.

I agree with what other people have said. The Rubber Worm is fine, but the other ideas I'm not a big fan of. Especially the Neptunium ore... I don't like that at all.

Back
Top Bottom