Portfolio/Multi-Topic More uses for certain items

Ninja Turtle Armor: Requires the shell+tabi for legs, shell+black belt for chestplate, and shell+ tiger climbing gear for the helmet(?), gives an acceleration boost and a dodge chance as a set bonus (which, with all this built in movement, frees up several accessory slots and would be a good alternative to facetanking with the turtle armor). Shells are currently only used in the turtle armor.
I can get behind an upgraded version of the Ninja Armor dropped by King Slime. You could even use shards or souls to upgrade it

expert mode exclusive x3
Well, that's kinda the point... Classic Mode never really calls for any kind of precision movement or micro-movements. The reason these items are locked being Expert+ is because they are tailored to compensate for the increased difficulty; the items you're suggesting - scrunch together numerous, scattered-across-the-Map, mobility accessories into one item, with little regard for what already exists.

what does this have to do with anything?
Frog Gear is a compact, already-existing, pre-Hardmode ["endgame"] mobility item, that's more-than-enough for Classic Mode or lesser. The next best thing to get afterward would be a Bundle of Balloons equivalent, in which you'd have godlike mobility for Classic Mode or lesser. Adding your item to this already-broken, but difficult to obtain set-up send it into outer-space! It's also redundant and not necessary.

lol wasnt aware this was even a thing. Still, Halloween exclusive (and cosmetic)
In 1.4.4+, Holiday Events can be triggered by 'defeating' Moon Events, and cosmetic or not, it's redundant - is the point.

This is another option I would be okay with. I think I mentioned this in another comment but definitely not 1-1 golden delight
The Devs tend to do a lot of weird a** stuff when they "shoot from the hip", which has lead to some of my least favorite addition to the game. It'd be nice if some of the bigger voices in the community would tell them the obvious stuff but, I understand that the risk of honesty gets in the way of favoritism, promo, and exclusivity, which has honestly always been an issue with the gaming industry. 🧐 🤷‍♀️

Well, that's kinda the point... Classic Mode never really calls for any kind of precision movement or micro-movements. The reason these items are locked being Expert+ is because they are tailored to compensate for the increased difficulty; the items you're suggesting - scrunch together numerous, scattered-across-the-Map, mobility accessories into one item, with little regard for what already exists.
If you take a look at the recipe again, this is basically a glorified master ninja gear, with some defense tacked on. This could therefore be used as a way to free up an accessory slot yet still retain those movement abilities, and add another use for turtle shells, and it doesn't require chlorophyte in case you want to farm for the shells early.

Frog Gear is a compact, already-existing, pre-Hardmode ["endgame"] mobility item, that's more-than-enough for Classic Mode or lesser. The next best thing to get afterward would be a Bundle of Balloons equivalent, in which you'd have godlike mobility for Classic Mode or lesser. Adding your item to this already-broken, but difficult to obtain set-up send it into outer-space! It's also redundant and not necessary.
Again, this is basically a master ninja gear armor set (which already exists)

In 1.4.4+, Holiday Events can be triggered by 'defeating' Moon Events, and cosmetic or not, it's redundant - is the point.
Pumkin moon is late hardmode though.

The Devs tend to do a lot of weird a** stuff when they "shoot from the hip", which has lead to some of my least favorite addition to the game. It'd be nice if some of the bigger voices in the community would tell them the obvious stuff but, I understand that the risk of honesty gets in the way of favoritism, promo, and exclusivity, which has honestly always been an issue with the gaming industry. 🧐 🤷‍♀️
not sure what youre referring to here. Other than making the moonlord drop TWO weapons now instead of one AND simultaneously making the sigil cheaper AND faster, and the fact they refuse to fix the hoik/infinite damage lance bug, all of their other decisions I've agreed with and liked.

If you take a look at the recipe again, this is basically a glorified master ninja gear, with some defense tacked on. This could therefore be used as a way to free up an accessory slot yet still retain those movement abilities, and add another use for turtle shells, and it doesn't require chlorophyte in case you want to farm for the shells early.
Not requiring chlorophyte doesn't allow the set to be obtained any earlier. The tabi and black belt are post-plantera (and turtle armour is pre-plantera). As an aside, I feel like it would be silly to have a crafting material that's used only for 2 things, and both of those things are armour sets. If another use for the shells would be added, I would prefer a weapon or accessory rather than a second armour set.

also, why just blueberries? every other dye material is only used for dye

Not requiring chlorophyte doesn't allow the set to be obtained any earlier. The tabi and black belt are post-plantera (and turtle armour is pre-plantera). As an aside, I feel like it would be silly to have a crafting material that's used only for 2 things, and both of those things are armour sets. If another use for the shells would be added, I would prefer a weapon or accessory rather than a second armour set.
maybe... Ill think on that.

also, why just blueberries? every other dye material is only used for dye
becuase the others are mostly flowers of some kind

The point I'm making here is that Master Ninja Gear doesn't need any help, it's already an amazing item. Your suggestion does nothing but funnel the item down a bias progression path, where it's the obvious choice. Accessories are finally in a good place, where nearly everything is pretty good, we don't need to introduce any imbalance, especially in an arbitrary, unusual manner, that's inconsistent with the rest of the game.

Again, this is basically a master ninja gear armor set (which already exists)
...and, if we're going there, we already have Armors that offer dashing as an option outside of Expert Mode+; and this includes both Armors and Mounts. Your idea doesn't introduce anything meaningful or unique to the game that can't be obtained by more "honest" means.
  • Solar Flare Armor
  • Master Ninja Gear/ Tabi
  • Crystal Assassin Armor
  • various Mounts [with iFrames]

Pumkin moon is late hardmode though.
Not sure if you're aware but... Master Ninja Gear and the Moon Events are both post-Plantera content. You'd be getting the item you're suggesting and the Karate Tortious Vanity around the same tier. ☝️🧐

not sure what youre referring to here. Other than making the moonlord drop TWO weapons now instead of one AND simultaneously making the sigil cheaper AND faster, and the fact they refuse to fix the hoik/infinite damage lance bug, all of their other decisions I've agreed with and liked.
I'm glad that you feel that way, but fortunately for everyone else, the Devs do sometimes listen to the minority that have a rather unique understanding of the game, to keep items like the one you're suggesting as Mods and not official content.

The point I'm making here is that Master Ninja Gear doesn't need any help, it's already an amazing item. Your suggestion does nothing but funnel the item down a bias progression path, where it's the obvious choice. Accessories are finally in a good place, where nearly everything is pretty good, we don't need to introduce any imbalance, especially in an arbitrary, unusual manner, that's inconsistent with the rest of the game.
Obvious choice? Imbalance? Inconsistent? I literally dont see where you're coming from with any of this. Both my suggestion and the already existing turtle amor (which can be used with the master ninja gear by the way) require three turtle shells, the only difference being mine does not require chlorophyte at the cost of lower defense. In fact, I could maybe see an argument that "this would be useless since everyone would just use the turtle armor for its higher defense AND the master ninja gear", so why would you ever use armor that's the same thing but with lower defense when you can just do that? And the answer is it can be obtained slightly earlier since it does not require chlorophyte, and saves an accessory slot. All around I think this is actually very balanced and in theme of terraria. I do not see how this would be "unbalanced", "unusual", or "inconstant".

...and, if we're going there, we already have Armors that offer dashing as an option outside of Expert Mode+; and this includes both Armors and Mounts. Your idea doesn't introduce anything meaningful or unique to the game that can't be obtained by more "honest" means.
  • Solar Flare Armor
Endgame, post where this would be

• Master Ninja Gear/ Tabi
Im suggesting an armor set made from it, though I do admit it would basically be a glorified master ninja gear with increased defense. But as mentioned, would that not be enough? Saving an inventory slot + defense?

• Crystal Assassin Armor
It dashes? lol didn't know. Either way this would be later game than that

• various Mounts [with iFrames]
Like what? Either way mounts seem different to me

Not sure if you're aware but... Master Ninja Gear and the Moon Events are both post-Plantera content. You'd be getting the item you're suggesting and the Karate Tortious Vanity around the same tier. ☝️🧐
I didn't really realize that still but doesn't change anything

I'm glad that you feel that way, but fortunately for everyone else, the Devs do sometimes listen to the minority that have a rather unique understanding of the game, to keep items like the one you're suggesting as Mods and not official content.
I'm aware most people liked the aforementioned change. When I posted about it, I was met with a ton of flak. But this suggestion on the other hand, is different. It is adding a new item not taking something away, one that would be a fit for the game.

I'd like to say that I'm opposed to "ninja turtle armor" purely because we really don't need another post-Plantera Melee armor set. I'd like to see alternatives/stepping stones for Mage and Ranger before we add more to Melee.

I'd like to say that I'm opposed to "ninja turtle armor" purely because we really don't need another post-Plantera Melee armor set. I'd like to see alternatives/stepping stones for Mage and Ranger before we add more to Melee.
I never explicitly said it would be melee, though the nature of turtle shells seems to suggest it should be. Could be for some sort of "Turtloid Mage" set? Could go good with the turtle summon staff

Bell: A Treasure Bell Accessory that plays a ding whenever a "rare" item (defined as having a drop rate of less than 1%) is dropped from an enemy/you walk near one. Currently, despite being a hardmode crafting ingredient purchased from the wizard, only used in the fairy bell light pet recipe.
Or... just make the already-existing Fairy Light Pet "tinker her bell" instead, that way it's thematically consistent, improves an already-existing item and adds some immersion. We already have a bunch of new 'stuff', we could afford to cut back a bit on the 'new'.

Back
Top Bottom