Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Guys, why after creating a new world and getting past the first day, the night lasts forever? I'm playing on N Terraria Server with friends. Everything works fine on singleplayer.
Using time command on console shows me correct time like 15.00 but on server it's still night. Is this intended or a bug? Pls help.
Terraria v1.3.4.4 NTerraria 6+
The multiplayer on nt 6+ have a unknown bug that causes night to last forever, alongside as monsters have problem spawning.
I highly doubt that is intended, at least in single player I didnt have that problem. But maybe it's a special mode or everyone needs to do the tutorial quests up to killing the demon eyes or something? But the most likely reason is a bug, I guess.

Templar is the Tier 2 class, yes. But the class exp for my warrior (T1) was weird as well. 1 -> 2 was 300, then 2 -> 3 11k or something. not sure. And at lvl 24 now the xp required is 1.1 million, even higher than the templar (but doesnt increase the current exp since I have a T2 class now). But I think the spike increase in class exp came with a rapid level up in my regular level, like from ~80 or 90 to 105 from the main quest kill all mechanical bosses. So maybe the class exp is directly correlated to the normal level instead of only the class level?
Or maybe It's a bug, at leats the level 1 to 2 exp, depending on the exp from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5.
Since the Tier 2 is the last class tier in that mod version, probably that is why the exp is so dire, the entire class exp system in that mod version is far too hard to increase the level.

anyone know if theres a fix for the lag on mutiplayer? i dont mind it but my friends are going crazy with monsters going back and forth XD

I just wanna know because I noticed this and it made me curious...What is N TerraFest? Is it some kind of celebration of the anniversary of N Terraria or something?

Has anybody else been having trouble with NPCs randomly disappearing? I don't mean they die. I literally walked by the Guide and he just disappeared. I looked at the Housing Query in the menu, and he was gone. It was like he just...died. But there was no "The Guide has been slain..." message. I don't lag or anything, and there are no enemies nearby. He just...disappears.

anyone know if theres a fix for the lag on mutiplayer? i dont mind it but my friends are going crazy with monsters going back and forth XD
Actually, It is not recommended to play the mod on multiplayer, since I know not what is causing the desync when the night ends.
I just wanna know because I noticed this and it made me curious...What is N TerraFest? Is it some kind of celebration of the anniversary of N Terraria or something?
In theory, an event to commemorate N Terraria aniversary.
On reality... Well... Not really, but at least the intention was good.
Has anybody else been having trouble with NPCs randomly disappearing? I don't mean they die. I literally walked by the Guide and he just disappeared. I looked at the Housing Query in the menu, and he was gone. It was like he just...died. But there was no "The Guide has been slain..." message. I don't lag or anything, and there are no enemies nearby. He just...disappears.
Krampus doing maybe? Oh, wait, It's not Christmas...

If you were able to download the mod, then the link is not broken.
C'mon... put in that snark, Nakano. You know you wanna. You even put the answer in big blue letters at the top of the first post... yet here Belute is... not really asking a question. Just jumping to a bad conclusion and sharing that bad conclusion with the rest of us. As if we should all be impressed that they worked it out, even though they're wrong. Your avatar is perfect for a bit of railing against this kind of nonsense.

C'mon... put in that snark, Nakano. You know you wanna. You even put the answer in big blue letters at the top of the first post... yet here Belute is... not really asking a question. Just jumping to a bad conclusion and sharing that bad conclusion with the rest of us. As if we should all be impressed that they worked it out, even though they're wrong. Your avatar is perfect for a bit of railing against this kind of nonsense.
As a moderator of the forums I appreciate Nakano always showing patience with the same question being asked over and over. It must be frustrating and yet Nakano handles it with style and grace.

I need to remind you to do the same @Pebkio. There is no room for snark here. Members are expected to treat other members with mutual respect - even if they are asking about something that has been explained multiple times in this thread and in the first post. Snarking will only lead to warning marks against your account. Thanks.

Any serious notes on why NPCS are disappearing all the time?
Got no idea on why they disappear, I thought once that It was because of them announcing events in the world, and tried even to fish
for their disappearing reason, ended up that didn't found the cause yet.

ive only managed to stop that by making some of them live far from the main house (example one living in a ocean farm, while house was at middle ands so

So maybe they only disappear when a certain number of NPCs is reached close to each other?
I think they don't disappear until you enter hardmode. That's the only clue I have.

the first time I noticed it happening was right after my first time killing WoF and the second guide refused to spawn. My first guess was since achievements do not get saved (for me at least), maybe the spawn conditions dont get saved either. Like, the game forgets that you killed eye of cthulu already, which is the spawn condition for driad, which results in some errors? Total guess though and probably easy to check by viewing map properties.

the first time I noticed it happening was right after my first time killing WoF and the second guide refused to spawn. My first guess was since achievements do not get saved (for me at least), maybe the spawn conditions dont get saved either. Like, the game forgets that you killed eye of cthulu already, which is the spawn condition for driad, which results in some errors? Total guess though and probably easy to check by viewing map properties.

Yeah that really makes sense.
I was wrong about NPCs not disappearing before hardmode. It just happened.

So maybe they only disappear when a certain number of NPCs is reached close to each other?
I think they don't disappear until you enter hardmode. That's the only clue I have.

I doubt It is because of the achievement, probably is because of something else.
If that starts happening after killing WoF, then It means that something that happens after killing WoF is the cause.
But on other side, the only thing that may happen If npcs are near each other is sometimes they engage into talking,
but they also do that on pre hardmode, so must be something very specific...

I doubt It is because of the achievement, probably is because of something else.
If that starts happening after killing WoF, then It means that something that happens after killing WoF is the cause.
But on other side, the only thing that may happen If npcs are near each other is sometimes they engage into talking,
but they also do that on pre hardmode, so must be something very specific...

I was wrong when I said that about only happening after killing WoF. It happened in pre-hardmode too. I was setting up a new "base" with my main characters.
Maybe it happens more often after killing WoF? Or maybe it just gets more noticeable because of the larger number of NPCs. I don't know.
Removing their ability to chat with others NPCs could be a good test. Maybe trying to interact with another NPC when it is already interacting in some way with a third one causes this.
Does anyone know if this happens in modes other than Regular RPG?
Anyway, I think this is the biggest and most annoying bug ATM.

When the NPCs started disappearing on me in my games, I noticed that the first npc disappearance was accompanied by lag and then the rest just poofed randomly with no lag. I just went from the current version, 6.2 at the time, to the base 6.0 version and started a new game. I keep the old mods I download, and it was probably a conflict caused by a new feature. At one point we thought it had something to do with world events and we never got to test it much because shortly after the discussion, the game updated and we stopped being able to play.

With the fidgety downgrade being required, it could be a whole host of things that are causing interruptions that make NPCs disappear.

When the NPCs started disappearing on me in my games, I noticed that the first npc disappearance was accompanied by lag and then the rest just poofed randomly with no lag. I just went from the current version, 6.2 at the time, to the base 6.0 version and started a new game. I keep the old mods I download, and it was probably a conflict caused by a new feature. At one point we thought it had something to do with world events and we never got to test it much because shortly after the discussion, the game updated and we stopped being able to play.

With the fidgety downgrade being required, it could be a whole host of things that are causing interruptions that make NPCs disappear.

I did the downgrade as in the howto. Disabling events won't fix the problem.

I did the downgrade as in the howto. Disabling events won't fix the problem.
Of course it didn't. As I said, downgrading is fiddly and causes problems in the code. You can play the game, but it's going to be more buggy than the actually version was when it was current... because you've downgraded. It's why I don't apply the downgrade just to play the mod: it's going to be buggy and is a pain in the neck to do and maintain.

I really hate having to restate what I've already said... but we used to think it was the world events back when we didn't have to downgrade. But now that you have to downgrade, there's a "whole host of of things that are causing interruptions".

In short, there's nothing you can do anymore. I can even just give you the older version of the mod where "world events" wasn't even in the code and it still might not fix this issue. Because your new issue is that you have to downgrade, and downgrading causes bugs.

Back
Top Bottom