Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Hey guys... What is a good mage build? Also should i play in FreeModeRPG or RegularRPG?
I like using this page for a basis of class builds http://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Class_setups .. And Freemode if you want like a harder game mode that has no limits on leveling up skills and junk where bosses/mobs scale to your level and the level of the zone your in. RegularRPG has a limit to skill level and mobs scale to their zone alone im pretty sure. Dont judge me if im wrong, Im still a novice to this mod XD

Like some people have mentioned, I'm having a glitch where whenever I throw an item, a glitch happens where I am able to move, but I can't collect anything, I can't use any items, and one time I couldn't even leave the game without Task Manager! Please fix this Nakano.

Like some people have mentioned, I'm having a glitch where whenever I throw an item, a glitch happens where I am able to move, but I can't collect anything, I can't use any items, and one time I couldn't even leave the game without Task Manager! Please fix this Nakano.
I just got that problem too. Acccidentally pressed the throw hotkey and my character stuck in throwing animation frame, but I fixed it by Shift-Clicking a stack of items from chests then my character continue the throwing animation. Don't know if anyone has other solution.

Sorry if I ask this
but how do deadbranch work?
It seems that when i drop it in the water it doesnt spawn any monster or mobs

but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt

for the throw glitch I have noticed if you use the number keys to reelect an object that also takes you back out it is a strange thing to have happen though

What's stats/skills should I spend my points on for mage?

INT for much greater damage, but much higher Mana cost. A little bit of extra Mana.

WIS for greater Mana total as well as greartly reduced Mana cost, but not as much damage boost.

Basically choose between massive damage which can be wielded very few times before running out of Mana or having a huge amount of Mana, but having to use more spells to defeat foes.

Personally, I prefer wisdom since greater mana total also increases mana regeneration quite a bit.

Also, accessories with Arcane prefix increase base mana before taking into consideration stat multiplier...

Ex:
Base mana x multiplier = total mana

(Base Mana + Extra Mana) x multiplier = A LOT MORE MANA

Same goes for Defense, Offense, Speed, etc... But only Manaand Defense have massively obvious applications.

For skills, the one that increases mana is infinitely more useful than the one that increases damage by a specific amount, but you need that second one leveled in order to get access to active skills.

Amount the active skills, water shield is good for taking 5 hits, which might be useful as additional defense which might be necessary considering the low defenses of images.

There's a fireball which launches MULTIPLE fireballsper cast, with the number increasing by skill level. There's a delay between each fireball, but they only cost one usage worth's of mana. This can help you deal continuous damage to a single foe or deal attacks to multiple foes for low mana cost. Useful at the beginning, loses effectiveness when you get high class magic weapons.

There's also one that mimics the vilethorn, HOWEVER you should turn off auto aim in order for the thorn to attack in the direction you are actually pointing at... Useful since its stronger than the vilethorn and doesn't use an inventory slot and attacks through walls.

The other useful skill is an earthquake thansends earthbound enemies flying! Useful against zombies, slimes, skeletons etc... Useless against demon eyes, bats, worms, and any flying creature... Useful when surrounded early game to run away, but very particular usage outside of that.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen what the "Code" button does on the next page? At least, what the codes are if nothing else, since it IS for some types of codes.
Code Isn't a command or something like "/Spawn entity 69"

When a tombstone drop from a zombie it has a chance to give a code that you can type into the Code section
For example the tombstone says "write this on the code 68W4FF" (this code wont work I know one code but i forgot it. It gives you 60 gels though.)

Ok so for some reason my mana cost for magic items keeps going up? Why? Also is there someway to prevent this or something that will make it cost less?
If I'm remembering how mages work, that's a side-effect of INT dumping.

You can put points into WIS to help counter-balance that whilst also slightly increasing magic damage, mana pool and MP recovery rate.

Sorry if I ask this
but how do deadbranch work?
It seems that when i drop it in the water it doesnt spawn any monster or mobs

but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt
Dropping any amount of dead branch wouldn't work unless you pick WHOLE stack and drop them in the water.

Back
Top Bottom