Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

So... I assume it is intended that NPPs are required to get anywhere in Hardmode?

The Destroyer is hitting for 300s just by touching his body, and ~800 if his head touches you and the lasers flying everywhere are doing about 120... and there's just nothing left to do but XP grind to make my character any more powerful and even then, you get a whopping 1-2 defense and ~20HP out of every point you spend in VIT which isn't going to do much whatsoever unless you get yourself a couple hundred levelups or something.

What class are you going as? As a fighter, I'm doing over a hundred damage already, and I haven't fought ANY bosses yet.

What class are you going as? As a fighter, I'm doing over a hundred damage already, and I haven't fought ANY bosses yet.

Warrior. I have Fetid Baghnakhs that do 2500-3000 damage per hit and they mow down things like Hallowed Mimics in 2 seconds flat, Ice Golems in 4 seconds and Wyverns in 3 seconds.

The Destroyer, however, I barely put a dent in his HP and he kills me in 4-5 hits flat if he touches me with his body/head.

Warrior. I have Fetid Baghnakhs that do 2500-3000 damage per hit and they mow down things like Hallowed Mimics in 2 seconds flat, Ice Golems in 4 seconds and Wyverns in 3 seconds.

The Destroyer, however, I barely put a dent in his HP and he kills me in 4-5 hits flat if he touches me with his body/head.

Attempt to get pierce up possibly? this should allow you to deal more damage past his armor. Also maybe go old school terraria and build an arena to fight the destroyer so you don't get hit. It'll take awhile to build,but it should pay off.

Attempt to get pierce up possibly? this should allow you to deal more damage past his armor. Also maybe go old school terraria and build an arena to fight the destroyer so you don't get hit. It'll take awhile to build,but it should pay off.

The problem isn't my damage on him, it's the fact he hits ME for 300-800 damage a pop and that's a problem considering I only have 2,600 HP and a potion heals for 950.

I could grab a few more levels but I really don't think 300HP (~10 VIT) is really going to do much for me and XP will start slowing down after a few levels until you get further in, and I don't feel like Jungle suicide runs at the moment, lol.

And as for building an Arena "so I don't get hit", yeah, I could hang up in the air, but what exactly am I supposed to fight him with, considering that early in the progression, there's no ranged weapons, not even yo-yos, that benefit from a fighter's/warrior's pierce bonuses other than maybe a frost brand?

what armor are you wearing?
[DOUBLEPOST=1453832528,1453832508][/DOUBLEPOST]what armor are you wearing?

I added a part on my post so please read that also.

I'm using Adamantite Armor and I have Armored/Warding on all but 1-2 accessories and I have ~450 Defense. I am also using Ironskin Potions, I suppose I could add Endurance Potions, but.... 720 damage isn't much different from 800, you'll still die 4-ish hits anyways.

How about a platform arena?

I do have a platform arena, but I run into the trouble of A). the freaking lasers, the ones that do ~10 damage in vanilla, now do 120 damage a pop in NT6 and are almost unavoidable because they are stinking everywhere in Ikaruga-style bullet hell (without the color immunity) and B). Again... "What is a Warrior supposed to fight him with?"

I could plunk down Nimbus Clouds and wait three years for the thing to finally die, but what about the other two bosses? Do they have similar absolutely ridiculous damage output?

What exactly IS the difference between the game modes? I might re-start the whole thing in a different game mode or something lol.
Free mode has no level cap, but also makes enemies have ridiculous levels. At least, that's how it was in Nterraria 5.

Also, if you're doing a melee class, VIT is very important. I've got an even 18-18 split between STR and VIT, and I've been safely tanking everything.

Free mode has no level cap and can get crazy quickly. Once I had a enough cobalt from the raccoon crates for a sword(along with enough hard mode ore for an anvil) everything snowballed from there. I'm at the point where the only boss I can't beat is the dungeon guardian, and that's cause I only do 2 damage a hit and he does 1. Every boss fight has the possibility to take forever

Also, I can definitely agree that hiding skill descriptions is a horrible idea. Just spent 5 levels in spear mastery to reveal a skill...

That buffs other players. Not only am I never using NPPlayers, but multiplayer isn't even functional, AND I had to blow 5 of my skill points for something that doesn't even make sense to be unlocked by SPEARS. Plus, I messed up on save backup, so now I have to remake the character entirely.

Also, there's no health regen.

Last edited:
Free mode has no level cap, but also makes enemies have ridiculous levels. At least, that's how it was in Nterraria 5.

Also, if you're doing a melee class, VIT is very important. I've got an even 18-18 split between STR and VIT, and I've been safely tanking everything.

I do have lots of VIT, and yes, almost equal to STR.

However, I really don't see how adding just a bit of VIT (if I were to, say, get 10 levelups and put all 20 points into VIT) is going to make 800 damage incoming hits survivable...

It looks like I gain about 30 or so health per 1 VIT, and about 3-4 defense maybe, out of 1 point of VIT.

So taking that calculation, 20 VIT would be ~600health (1 hit worth) and 60-80 Defense which is the same thing as reducing incoming damage by 30-40.

Unless there's some kind of secret behind the scenes calculations that nobody talks about or something that I'm not sure of, but it doesn't seem to be the way, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe the game deviates from vanilla's damage calculations of Defense * 0.5 = Damage Mitigation.

My request still stands, Make the npplayers able to use supports abilities and skills, otherwise it will be pointless to play as other people

...wait, NPPlayers can't use support abilities or skills...? Then what's the actual point of even having NPPlayers?

Looks like I wasted my time starting a character and taking them down the medic line if they can't use the medic skills to heal me, lol.

...wait, NPPlayers can't use support abilities or skills...? Then what's the actual point of even having NPPlayers?

Looks like I wasted my time starting a character and taking them down the medic line if they can't use the medic skills to heal me, lol.
Yeah and Nanako said that if he does add that in, then other people will start requesting for npplayers to use other skills, people suck...

Edit:
and plus they did that in 1.2.4.1

Yeah and Nanako said that if he does add that in, then other people will start requesting for npplayers to use other skills, people suck...

Edit:
and plus they did that in 1.2.4.1

......it'd be nice if the game, or the wiki, or something actually explained some of this stuff in some kind of discernible detail. It'd been nice for me to know that before I go making a character for a certain purpose and then find out the hard way... "OH, btw, this thing doesn't do what you'd think it does...."

lol.

Oi.

Back
Top Bottom