Support?

• Yes!

Votes: 490 97.0%
  • Nah.

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I asked to see where the message was posted, its because I'm trying to look at the post itself . . . I'll see if I can track down which one the image is being used on. :(

EDIT: Alright, lead one . . . the image is an attachment, not a linked image. But I don't think its attached to the OP, its attached somewhere else. Where is the original post its being attached from?

When I asked to see where the message was posted, its because I'm trying to look at the post itself . . . I'll see if I can track down which one the image is being used on. :(

EDIT: Alright, lead one . . . the image is an attachment, not a linked image. But I don't think its attached to the OP, its attached somewhere else. Where is the original post its being attached from?
At the bottom of the first page of the thread, there is reference to another thread, but I have no idea where that could be.

Okay, so after some discussions with the team, and arguments, we decided to change name from "The Cancer" to "The Disease". The reason? It's simple. We decided to use a more generic word. Cancer is a word that can offend many persons, so that's it. I myself hate cancer.
Thanks, Gorateron. You actually came up with this. ;)
Why not "The Infection"

Because you'll maybe see something else called like that.
Ok. Rather than 'The Disease', call it 'The Diseased Biome', because nobody says 'The Ice', they say 'The Ice Biome', because it does not end in 'on' and is not the name of a place (real or not real, generic or specific). Another example is 'The Spider Biome'.

Ok. Rather than 'The Disease', call it 'The Diseased Biome', because nobody says 'The Ice', they say 'The Ice Biome', because it does not end in 'on' and is not the name of a place (real or not real, generic or specific). Another example is 'The Spider Biome'.
I like the Disease. I'm satisfied with that name.

It's like the world got a disease. :)

Hm... the Disease doesn't sound very specific. By what I assume, it'll be similar to the crimson in a way, with blood and things like that, but I guess it can be more unique than that. The crimson has many arthery shaped chasms and corruption has many chasms that look like they were dug by the insects. For the Disease, I suggest making things different. I would make the landscapes rot. The trees wouldn't grow leaves, like they were sapped out of life force. The mobs would be based of corpses and carcasses, semi-rotting, but not rotten to the point of being living flesh like that of the crimson. I would make the tone of the biome sad and at the same time menancing, think of it as a hybrid between corruption and crimson. For some extra quirks, I guess it could add unique drops based on acids and corrosive materials. The water wouldn't be purple nor bloody, but brown, like contaminated water. I would name it "The Rot" insteand of the Disease, but that's on you. This is just a suggestion on making it more unique.

Hm... the Disease doesn't sound very specific. By what I assume, it'll be similar to the crimson in a way, with blood and things like that, but I guess it can be more unique than that. The crimson has many arthery shaped chasms and corruption has many chasms that look like they were dug by the insects. For the Disease, I suggest making things different. I would make the landscapes rot. The trees wouldn't grow leaves, like they were sapped out of life force. The mobs would be based of corpses and carcasses, semi-rotting, but not rotten to the point of being living flesh like that of the crimson. I would make the tone of the biome sad and at the same time menancing, think of it as a hybrid between corruption and crimson. For some extra quirks, I guess it could add unique drops based on acids and corrosive materials. The water wouldn't be purple nor bloody, but brown, like contaminated water. I would name it "The Rot" insteand of the Disease, but that's on you. This is just a suggestion on making it more unique.
The Disease is going to spread underground. :)

In that case, make the blocks it spreads to look like bacterial infections. Make the blocks, namely the stone ones as they're the main ones that the Disease will taint, look like rotting flesh. The flesh of the crimson biome looks vivid and fresh, as disgusting as it sounds, but it looks like something you'd find in a butcher shop and buy home. It isn't that repulsive. Make the Disease look like rotting flesh. You could add some quirks to it as well. The enemies could be based on larvaes and parasites. A worm type enemy could be some sort of tapeworm, larvaes with similar AI to that of spiders crawling around the biome, giant disgusting flies for the place's version of crimera and corruptors, maggots as counterparts to clingers, flinging acid at the player. Viruses floating and shooting acid as it's version of the Ichor Stickers, bacteria and amoebas as their versions of slimes. You get the idea. The Disease is a very ample term, so no excuse not including these kind of enemies. c:

My personal opinion on the name of said biome; I think it's perfectly fine, although i'm sure you guys already had envisioned what it would look like, how it would feel and play in the progression of Terraria. That being said, i think changing the name was the right call, but just because the name has been changed that shouldn't sway you from any original ideas/concepts linked to 'The Cancer' :)

Well yeah, but cancer has many sources to it. It would be hard to make some enemy concepts out of "Cancer" other than contaminated creatures, which is no fun at all. Just slap some wounds on regular foes and call it a day. And it wouldn't make sense to make said enemies stronger, rather, it would make them weaker. What I envision is something more unique to the biome itself. I love the idea of the biome and think of it as a nice way to "link" the corruption to the crimson, like a Cain, Abel and Seth concept. I hope Miniek enjoys this suggestion of mine. Also, Miniek. I have noticed some "endless" sorta items on one of the spoilers, in particular red versions of the quiver and musket pouch. That was one of the first things that caught my attention to the mod. Still planning on implementing 'em?

Well yeah, but cancer has many sources to it. It would be hard to make some enemy concepts out of "Cancer" other than contaminated creatures, which is no fun at all. Just slap some wounds on regular foes and call it a day. And it wouldn't make sense to make said enemies stronger, rather, it would make them weaker. What I envision is something more unique to the biome itself. I love the idea of the biome and think of it as a nice way to "link" the corruption to the crimson, like a Cain, Abel and Seth concept. I hope Miniek enjoys this suggestion of mine. Also, Miniek. I have noticed some "endless" sorta items on one of the spoilers, in particular red versions of the quiver and musket pouch. That was one of the first things that caught my attention to the mod. Still planning on implementing 'em?
Let me tell you right of the bat: the total amount of vanilla NPCs that have a tad different visual and different stats will probably only take up around 3-5% of the total NPC amount of the mod. We are aiming to create NPCs with AI's you'd not dare to dream of so difficult/awesome as they are and we intent to stick to that goal ;)

I would expect no less out of such team. You have more than the needed skills to do this, aim for it! This is a mod with a very big future, if it keeps up to it's expecatations, it will easily outclass most mods around. I am just trying to add up some interesting ideas to you guys, but I in no way shape or form doubt your capabilities. Keep up the excellence, Negadium team.

What can i say... I'd like to thank my parents... my friends but most of all me wee nan :')
jk get meme'd

Edit: But i am indeed looking forward to helping the mod progress :)

I found The Cancer to be a better name than most of the others imo.I understand people may be offended by it but it accurately describes the biome in its name.(it shows everything is becoming diseased and dying slowly and The Cancer shows that pretty well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom