Weapons & Equip New Coin

Um... I'm curious about this suggestion, but I don't really understand why you want this. Why choose adamantite, which is literally 5 tiers of ores above platinum? Why should the adamantite coin be added? Please give me more detail so I can know if I should support this or not...

it would be cool to have another layer of coins above platinum, but it just doesn't make too much sense. Like when do you ever say, "Oh my! I have a whole chest filled with platinum! Oh I do wish they could be worth the same amount but take up less than one precious chest!".

It might be good for servers, or creative building or whatever. I just don't see any use for them.

it would be cool to have another layer of coins above platinum, but it just doesn't make too much sense. Like when do you ever say, "Oh my! I have a whole chest filled with platinum! Oh I do wish they could be worth the same amount but take up less than one precious chest!".

It might be good for servers, or creative building or whatever. I just don't see any use for them.
You are forgetting the coin gun.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really complain, but I feel like this game needs more uses for money - especially very high-volume transactions - to merit this. If you have 100 platinum, aka one of these new coins, you can do anything with it - buy twenty companion cubes, reforge a couple of Meowmeres/Star wraths to Legendary. Fill a small house top-to-bottom with platinum coins. You will only ever use coins in this volume if you're playing for thousands of hours, deliberately collecting money, or you're doing something crazy like collecting every weapon/accessory with the best modifier.

On the topic of the Coin Gun... while I'm not saying this is impossible, or the rule, I've never met anyone who used platinum with it without using infinite money. I've met people who had chests full of legitimately obtained platinum, but all of them balked at the idea of burning through it so quickly, even if it produces the best gun in the game. Yes, this new coin would be even more gamebreakingly strong, but again - you can't obtain coins in volumes proportional to this new coin, so super-buffed coin in the coin gun has no use in regular gameplay. It'd mostly be the work of cheat worlds, speedruns/boss marathons, and youtube videos. A platinum coin is already ~3 golem kills. 100 platinum coins is maybe 3 perfectly-handled pumpkin moons. That's not something you want to use on a single headshot.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really complain, but I feel like this game needs more uses for money - especially very high-volume transactions - to merit this. If you have 100 platinum, aka one of these new coins, you can do anything with it - buy twenty companion cubes, reforge a couple of Meowmeres/Star wraths to Legendary. Fill a small house top-to-bottom with platinum coins. You will only ever use coins in this volume if you're playing for thousands of hours, deliberately collecting money, or you're doing something crazy like collecting every weapon/accessory with the best modifier.

On the topic of the Coin Gun... while I'm not saying this is impossible, or the rule, I've never met anyone who used platinum with it without using infinite money. I've met people who had chests full of legitimately obtained platinum, but all of them balked at the idea of burning through it so quickly, even if it produces the best gun in the game. Yes, this new coin would be even more gamebreakingly strong, but again - you can't obtain coins in volumes proportional to this new coin, so super-buffed coin in the coin gun has no use in regular gameplay. It'd mostly be the work of cheat worlds, speedruns/boss marathons, and youtube videos. A platinum coin is already ~3 golem kills. 100 platinum coins is maybe 3 perfectly-handled pumpkin moons. That's not something you want to use on a single headshot.
Couldn't have said it better myself. (I tried)

Quick theory. How come platinum coins are worth more than gold when they are the same tier of ore
Gold coins existed long before platinum ore existed in the game. The tin-lead-tungsten-platinum progression was introduced much later. In any case, platinum gear is unequivocally superior to gold gear (at least with titanium/adamantite, you can say they improve different things), and platinum is generally considered the next step above gold in popular culture.

Gold coins existed long before platinum ore existed in the game. The tin-lead-tungsten-platinum progression was introduced much later. In any case, platinum gear is unequivocally superior to gold gear (at least with titanium/adamantite, you can say they improve different things), and platinum is generally considered the next step above gold in popular culture.
I believe it's more valuable IRL too, But that's kinda off-topic.

Theme: You and Friends fighting Moon Lord

"Alrighty yall, we opened the core heart! Now everyone give it all yo-
*Moon Lord dies*
"Bob... WHY DID YOU USE THE ADMANDITE COIN!?"
"Okay guys, we did it. We managed to break the game and spawn a hundred destroyers at once! Now we can enjo-"
*All the destroyers die instantly*
"BOB!!! WHY DID YOU USE THE ADAMENTITE COIN!?!"

Honestly a Demonite or Crimtane Coin (Crimtane Coin? Mmmmm I like that one a lot actually.) would make more sense, because it's only one tier above platinum rather than eight tiers. The only problem would be that those ores can't be in the same world, so maybe Hellstone Coin?

The only place I see use for this is Calamity. Sorry, no support. Getting 100 platinum is insanely difficult as it is, we don't need a higher coin tier. And no, I don't want a weapon that spends 750,000,000 copper coins per second.

Back
Top Bottom