Biomes & Nature New crystal biome

Isaac the Jester

Eater of Worlds
Terraria is a place to wander, so more rewarding biomes should be included! A new underground mini biome I've been thinking about would be the crystal cavern . The crystal caverns would be rare, but not too rare and quite big. There would be about 3-5 per small world, 5-7 per medium world, and 7-9 per large world. The crystal cavern itself is a beautiful, awed place. The music should have pings and and chimes, but feeling spread apart to make the place feel bigger. The attached files are what the stone around the caverns looks like, and it cannot be corrupted or hallowed or crimson'd, but the stone it's self does nothing aside from making a type of brick
image.jpg

image.jpg
The back wall. image.jpg A crystal

The crystals themselves would look like the blades of swords, and would be greenish blue and orangish yellow and purplish pink shades. These crystals would be worth 2 gold 50 silver per piece and can be from 1-3 pieces big. They also are amazing decoration, and can be combined with crystal shards to made into the crystallized furniture. This is to symbolize the beauty over the price. The crystals can be used to make the crystallized crown, which is like a crown but instead of a ruby there is a crystal.
Crystal Crown icon.pngcrystal crown image.jpg Furniture image.jpg image.jpg

The enemies that spawn there would be the crystal slime, the crystal bat, and the crystal zombie. Each are only slightly harder than the real slime bat and zombie, and spawn from the cave, not the crystal.there would be a few various of enemies, like "blue crystallised slime" or "purple crystallised zombie". Enemies are not a huge part though because the
crystal caverns are meant to be a place of calmness
crystal slime icon.gif
image.jpg image.jpg
Tell me what you think! Suggestions are greatly appreciated

sprites made by meta http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/méta.134/
And Nude Cactus http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/nude_cactus.1273/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 368
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
I think this is quite a creative idea. The Underground Hallow does have the Crystal Shards, but a whole biome dedicated to the crystals sounds great :)

Interesting idea; Personally I think that either the spawn rate should be increased, or the enemies be a decent bit stronger than basic to make it more of a challenge to acquire. The idea to have a biome dedicated to crystals sounds pretty awesome though!

I think this is quite a creative idea. The Underground Hallow does have the Crystal Shards, but a whole biome dedicated to the crystals sounds great :)
Well the crystals you find could possibly be combined with crystal shards to make some thing awesome
Interesting idea; Personally I think that either the spawn rate should be increased, or the enemies be a decent bit stronger than basic to make it more of a challenge to acquire. The idea to have a biome dedicated to crystals sounds pretty awesome though!
the main idea was for it to be a bit serene, ( the music would reflect this) and it would still have enemies but they would be tougher but not to a point in which it's life or death

'Tis a wall of text; and I think I'd rather have this sort of thing as a mini-Biome. Not a layer.
No it would be a rare mini biome, not at all a layer, and even though it would be large, the mini biome itself would be rather hard to find, when I wrote this, I did not mean as a layer, but more like in the cavern layer

I always loved the underground hallowed snow, because the crystals and ice go so well together. So I would love for this to be a thing!

I like this idea. Also maybe an increased amount of gems in the rocks would be cool. The whole mini-biome would be like a treasure :D

Like a crystally mushroom biome? The music should go like this:
chichipuchichipuchichipuchichi
Just that repeated over and over again!

Back
Top Bottom