NPCs & Enemies New Dryad Boss Idea (Not related to previous Dryad suggestion)

Is this a good (currently unrefined) idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cuboidal Cake

Terrarian
Hello. Excuse me posting this after someone else posted a Dryad suggestion. It was simply a coincidence. But after thinking about the underwhelming nature of the Dryad's reactions to evil spreading, a friend and I had an idea (not sure if he'll share it publicly as well). What if, after having the world get to a certain state of evil (not sure if it would involve individual Crimson/Corruption and Hallow percentages or a combined percentage), she was able to be "provoked" via conversation (similarly to the Old Man in the dungeon) and have her twisted self featured in Dungeon Defenders II as a boss. I believe it'd be quite the unique and interesting secret boss. It'd encourage players to consider evil spreading more than most currently do. Perhaps her transformation is less of a choice and more of an unavoidable consequence. Perhaps it can be tied to some kind Dryad Voodoo Doll (more NPC dolls are always an interesting idea). She's also the NPC that spawns after a boss has been defeated, so having her herself as one would be quite the twist. In conclusion, I believed some form of Dryad boss being tied to the spread of evil would be a unique, thought-provoking, and fun addition to the game, and could possibly tie in to lore. I'm only playing around with the idea in my head but I'd love to hear feedback and discuss with people to refine my idea!

I wouldn't be opposed to this at all, especially considering that this could be a very interesting way to incentivize corrupting your world depending on the reward.

I think it should require a very high percentage, so that the player is not only leaving the corruption to sit around, but actually encouraging its spread by corrupting points throughout the world.

Interesting.. Maybe after defeating the ''corrupted" dryad (yes from dungeon defenders 2) there will be a big flash then there might be a couple of drops (money, healing potions,trophy, etc.) but the catch is your dryad will be on the ground, unconscious (sort of like in a bound state that you find the wizard, or taverns keep in). When you wake her up she'll probably be sorta disappointed or something but thanks you for at the least saving her. Now she has some new sells. Maybe she could sell something cool like a powerful weapon, a new corruption related potion, idk... the dirt rod 2.0... Something. Maybe plantable plantera bulbs?

And also this boss should only happen in hard mode
Srsly

Back
Top Bottom