Other New Game: Terraria: Windows 10 Edition

This... isn't really feasible. The three Terraria versions are not compatible, for two reasons- one, console and mobile both have exclusive content, and they don't have the same content either. And two, console and mobile are hilariously behind version-wise, so that's not really viable.

Unless all three versions are completely synced-up content-wise, this is completely impossible.

This... isn't really feasible. The three Terraria versions are not compatible, for two reasons- one, console and mobile both have exclusive content, and they don't have the same content either. And two, console and mobile are hilariously behind version-wise, so that's not really viable.

Unless all three versions are completely synced-up content-wise, this is completely impossible.

1. The new edition is based off of the mobile and console versions, so it has everything it has (e.g: has Orcam but does not have Duke Fishron)
2. They are really close to updating them to 1.2.4.1 as seen from a trailer.

1. The new edition is based off of the mobile and console versions, so it has everything it has (e.g: has Orcam but does not have Duke Fishron)
2. They are really close to updating them to 1.2.4.1 as seen from a trailer.
1. That does not mean that would be done with Terraria. I think I have good reason to assume that the mobile content is staying on the mobile version.
2. 'Really close' doesn't really cut it. That's still a ways behind, because they'll have to catch up with 1.3 (which is a big update- and considering how long the LAST big update took, that'll take an extremely long time).

Keep in mind, Minecraft didn't really do any of that 'console-exclusive/mobile-exclusive content' bull:red: that's been done with Terraria. The most they did was the Nether Reactor doohicky on mobile.

Forget about everything else, but this little bit should be relevant: Redigit himself has said more than once that the console/mobile content doesn't fit with his idea of what Terraria should be, and that's why it will not be added to the PC version.

To me, this is just a "take Terraria off 505's clutches" thread. I may side with that sentiment, but it would still be a lot of work for too little gain on Windows PC's side - which is the only side I care about as it's the only one I can play.

Forget about everything else, but this little bit should be relevant: Redigit himself has said more than once that the console/mobile content doesn't fit with his idea of what Terraria should be, and that's why it will not be added to the PC version.

To me, this is just a "take Terraria off 505's clutches" thread. I may side with that sentiment, but it would still be a lot of work for too little gain on Windows PC's side - which is the only side I care about as it's the only one I can play.
And here we have the #1 reason why I won't play any version of Terraria 505 has had a hand in. Besides the fact that porting Terraria to any console that ISN'T the Wii U (it's pretty much the only one that can use a completely workable control scheme, thanks to the Gamepad) is far from the best idea anyone could have, as the game relies far too much on having a mouse and full keyboard, I don't like the idea of platform-exclusive content, and I don't like the content they've added. I would rather stick with my barely-playable-thanks-to-crappy-computer PC edition.

There are some games that can port to console just fine. First person games are among them. Terraria, however, is not. It's control scheme simply is not compatible. (I do expect the Nintendo ports to work far better, though, since both have a substitute for a cursor.)

...anyway, rant aside, as Kyouko said, it's highly likely that this would not be worth the work required. It's a lot of work, there'd be next to nothing worthwhile gained for us PC players, and it just in general would not be worth it.

Just because Microsoft / Mojang did it doesn't mean Re-Logic has to (Or the community wants it). In my honest opinion, the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition is a waste of Microsoft's resources. Unfortunately, they likely do not care since they are practically a monopoly alongside Apple, and have billions of dollars at their disposal. Re-Logic is an indie development team. Sure, this means very little, seeing as all major platforms will be supported in 2016, but if you want a PC to mobile multiplayer, let Mobile catch up.

Or simply buy the mobile version to play with mobile players (It would probably be cheaper this way anyway!)...

All in all, not worth Re-Logic or 505's time.

So before upgrading back to Windows 8 from Windows 10, I thought I'd give Minecraft Windows 10 Edition a try. And, well...

Untitled.png

I'm at a loss for words.

So before upgrading back to Windows 8 from Windows 10, I thought I'd give Minecraft Windows 10 Edition a try. And, well...

Untitled.png

I'm at a loss for words.
It's Microsoft. Are you REALLY surprised?

Here and I thought they were getting better. Guess I was wrong.

Nonetheless, this is neither the time nor place for Minecraft discussion.

Back
Top Bottom