Weapons & Equip New Shroomite Stuff!

Now that I think about it, there are no weapons crafted from the three end game materials, only wings, tools, and their corresponding armor :/
(except ectoplasm whish is needed for the endgame summoning items)
Well, I've been meaning to upload a thread for a spectre sword, but I'm a slow writer so I haven't finished it yet.

Thats exactly why i started this thread. Im going to continue with turtle shells and beetle husks later as well.

It's a bit over-saturating, no? With Ranged on Post-plantera (but before end-game gear), you have:
- Rocket launcher, Grenade Launcher, Proximity Mine, Stynger for rocket weapons
- Venus Magnum, Sniper Rifle and Tactical Shotgun for bullet, but the Megashark/Uzi are still very useful at this stage
- Pulse Bow is about it for bows, but Shotbow has similar DPS to the Megashark.
- Piranha Gun

This sums up to 8 new weapons (I might have missed some) while having 11 altogether (including the good ones). The only thing we could need at this stage of progression is a new bow. So, at least the repeater can fill a gap.

As for Melee, there is:

Possessed Hatchet, Golem Fist, Paladin Hammer, Flower Pow, Vampire Knives, Scourge of the Corruptor and Keybrand. While there might not be much melee weapons acquired at this stage, the Chlorophyte Partisan, Mushroom Spear and Terra Blade are still very useful at this point.

This sums up to 7 (again, might have missed some), while 10 being altogether.

Lastly for mage:

Shadowbeam Staff, Spectre Staff, Inferno Fork, Magnet Sphere, Heat Ray, Rainbow Gun and Leaf Blower. Golden Shower and Venom staff are still useful at this point. I swear there was more, almost certain I have missed some. Otherwise, that means 7 new shinies and 9 altogether.

So, assuming I am right, the three classes aren't far apart but Ranged is actually leading. But Ranged has more of a selection to choose from, not to mention further changing their weapon's behaviour with ammunition.

Wel that was pretty good. I support, but yeah, with the whole
The Rocket launcher doesn't make much sense. You typically get Shroomite before the Rocket Launcher, so for it to be upgraded as soon as you get one is a bit weird.

The Machine Gun beats the Chain Gun, assuming the usetimes are close (Chain Gun's base damage is also only 31). It doesn't make much sense because the Chain Gun is at a higher tier than this machine gun.

I don't get what's special about the repeater? It has less base damage than the Titanium Repeater, so what is special about it?

Also, it would help a lot if you actually say the usetimes as a number rather than saying a vague word to describe it. It is especially important for quick weapons, as a weapon with a usetime of 4 is 20% faster than one with a usetime of 5. Making up usetime is quite simple as 60 frames = 1 second. A weapon with 60usetime fires once every second. A weapon with 30 usetime fires twice every second...
Might be a problem...

But then the megashark would have 2 upgrade paths, and the only thing in terraria that ever does that is accessories. In 1.3 they are adding the SDMG crafting recipe.
I just noticed that. This is not true as the minishark itself does that: you can choose between the cheapness of the megashark and the pure might of the star cannon (which isn't a lot used since the update, and could recieve an upgrade)

Star Cannon is fine as it is. Its raw strength just isn't needed, but is there for anyone that wants to shred the Wall of Flesh.

I just noticed that. This is not true as the minishark itself does that: you can choose between the cheapness of the megashark and the pure might of the star cannon (which isn't a lot used since the update, and could recieve an upgrade)
Right, cuz the minishark...

Anyway, since then, i have made these weapons not craftable from other weapons, but instead have their own unique recipes.

nice ideas! maybe add some consumables like a shroomite grenade that releases nanites or a mine of some description

The weapons are all neat, albeit not exactly that original to be honest with you. I'd love this to appear in-game, it would add some cool new weapons and badassery. Two key ingredients of my breakfast. That's right, I eat weaponry, sprinkled with badassery and engulfed in cold milk.

SHROOMITE REPEATER
index.php

Damage: 28 ranged
Knockback: average
Attack Speed: 20
Velocity: moderately slow
Ammo: any arrow
Crafting: 30 shroomite bars + 1 illegal gun parts + 5 souls of fright
Attack Details: fires a volley of 2-4 arrows, while only 1 arrow is consumed. Arrows are unretrievable. Arrows home in on enemies, but remain the same actual arrow. 20% chance not to consume ammo.
The pulse bow is pretty much a shroomite bow. Look at the sprite:
Pulse_Bow.png
very shroomitey look. And buff the damage of that repeater. You might as well keep your chlorophyte shotbow.

Back
Top Bottom