Official Now hiring for Terraria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure this is more of a mainline coder/programmer role - not just testing. ;)

LOVE that you guys are trying to hire from within the community. :joy:
I gonna test the update when it will be released. But for now i didn't defeated duke fishron or build my space ship yet so i do it first.

I only really qualify for the first qualification. I'm still in high school too just have took Grade 11 of 12 grades Computer Science with a score of 95% doing Java! I don't plan on being a Software Development Engineer but the perks of this job are probably really good. I haven't even got started into looking into game design yet. You got to wonder about the billions of lines of code that it takes to run Terraria in Java and then having devs such as Engine, 505 and now Pipeworks port all that content into the Console versions where they have to translate the entire code of the game into C and C# code. Its not easy by any means and there are always problems they have to fuzz with and debug before going into a nasty Q&A testing phase. Now think, there is probably more than meets the eye when it comes to this job. Oh, almost forgot, I'm not 100% sure on this, you probably have to be American as well living near Oregon. I'm a proud Canadian!!!

Is the position still open? And would you be willing to hire someone that is more eager to learn than an actual master at programming?

If the answer to both is yes, I'll clean up my resume and definitely apply via the given link. :)

I've really enjoyed my time with terraria and I've been longing for a real job that actually relates somewhat to my degree. (web tech and design) Unfortunately, due to the lack of any experience outside of my college classes(which grows more distant by the day) it's been hard to even get interviews for positions in my degree field. I've been trying to brush up some of my skills recently, and have even created a fully functional sudoku game using javascript. (https://github.com/CycloneSP/Sudoku if you wanna check it out)

If I was old enough and had all the other things that would be awesome because pipe works is in Eugene and so am I! And I'm learning c++.
add creative mode before you quit development on terraria.

Last edited:
I fonly my dad wasn't working at iGT and we where still in oregon, he could be working on of of my fave games!

If I was old enough and had all the other things that would be awesome because pipe works is in Eugene and so am I! And I'm learning c++.
add creative mode before you quit development on terraria.
Creative mode is not necessary.

Creative mode is not necessary.

well, it would certainly make my current project a lot easier... I've already spent over 3-4 stacks of mahogany wood, and foresee needing another 3-4 stacks. and that's just for 1 small section of the overall build. Previous sections used much more rare resources like shroomite and chlorphyte plating. (and I am ashamed to say that I had to use some... not so honest means of acquire the 8+ stacks needed for that part of my build) At this point in time, I'd say I'm around maybe 30%(?) done. But believe me, I'm gonna be so excited when I get it finished. :D

well, it would certainly make my current project a lot easier... I've already spent over 3-4 stacks of mahogany wood, and foresee needing another 3-4 stacks. and that's just for 1 small section of the overall build. Previous sections used much more rare resources like shroomite and chlorphyte plating. (and I am ashamed to say that I had to use some... not so honest means of acquire the 8+ stacks needed for that part of my build) At this point in time, I'd say I'm around maybe 30%(?) done. But believe me, I'm gonna be so excited when I get it finished. :D
Taking the easy way. That's why some users want creative. I can't enjoy anything builded in creative. Getting resources, building and filally see results of my hard work `:happy:

Taking the easy way. That's why some users want creative. I can't enjoy anything built in creative. Getting resources, building and finally see results of my hard work `:happy:

And I both understand and respect that, and for the most part am the same way. But my current build is colossal, and I simply evaluated time and effort costs verses reward. I have all the means to acquire every single resource in the game atm, and have done so. But farming 8+ stacks of 999 blocks per stack for a lot of the rarer blocks is just a waste of my time when it takes so long to just simply build the darn thing.

but I digress, as this is rapidly getting off topic.

I live in Oregon, pretty cool that Terraria mobile is going to be developed here.
It says "deep in the heart of Oregon", which, literally, is somewhere in the Cascade range, but likely means Portland or Salem; where exactly is Pipeworks studios?

I live in Oregon, pretty cool that Terraria mobile is going to be developed here.
It says "deep in the heart of Oregon", which, literally, is somewhere in the Cascade range, but likely means Portland or Salem; where exactly is Pipeworks studios?

Eugene.

I have to say, I am pretty temted to apply, but I am waiting for the next moderator spot to open up, so I can apply for that. =P

Hope you find someone who fits your requirements,
@ImmortalWisp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom