NPCs & Enemies NPCs Defend Themselves

Count Yum

Official Terrarian
I personally think that NPCs should at least try to defend themselves rather than getting beaten up by zombies, but nothing too powerful, as people would summon earlier bosses near NPCs for an easier fight.

ex: Arms Dealer uses something like the handgun or flintlock pistol
Demolitionist uses a hugely nerfed grenade launcher
Cyborg uses space gun/laser rifle
ect.

Suggested on numerous occasions, seeing as how this has nothing separating this and the other attempts of this I do not support.

If you were to add something that the other attempts didn't think of it would easily validate this continuing as a thread.

Last edited:
My NPCs don't ever get killed by mobs anymore. It's called "well-planned building*" and "not staying in your base during an eclipse/event/boss fight."

No support, since the game doesn't need (more) hand-holding.

* Also known as "if your NPCs have access to a door to the outside, you're building it wrong."

This is already going to be added in 1.3 their going to get a better AI.
Yeah, but had it been confirmed that they'd also be able to defend themselves? I've seen that they'll be able to sit on chairs and supposedly will be less stupid and not trying to steal from your chests (looking at you, Merchant), but I haven't seen it confirmed that they'd also be able to fight. Could you please enlighten me with a link if it's something that I missed?
EDIT: Yeah, I do also agree with the part about "well-planned building" and "not staying in your base during an eclipse/event/boss fight." BTW.

Last edited:
Yeah, but had it been confirmed that they'd also be able to defend themselves? I've seen that they'll be able to sit on chairs and supposedly will be less stupid and not trying to steal from your chests (looking at you, Merchant), but I haven't seen it confirmed that they'd also be able to fight. Could you please enlighten me with a link if it's something that I missed?

Technically no it hasn't. But I agree with;

My NPCs don't ever get killed by mobs anymore. It's called "well-planned building*" and "not staying in your base during an eclipse/event/boss fight."

* Also known as "if your NPCs have access to a door to the outside, you're building it wrong."

This guy ↑

If you have nothing intelligent to respond with, you could at least try to come up with an actually interesting insult and not just asinine nonsense. :dryadrolleyes:

Then again, if you can't even have buildings look nice without having your NPCs roaming out of them, perhaps you should go try figuring it out, instead of wasting everyone's time with such 'intelligent' posts. :dryadwink:

Last edited:
Messages such as this do not provide anything to a thread. If you enjoy a post, please use the Like feature
Oooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry that I don't like having my buildings look like commie block pieces of crap.
Oh a communism joke, really? Anyways, it seems as if you're the problem if your houses look like "commie pieces of crap" when you build them. A simple two block pit right before your door stops anything on the ground from entering, and even then, 4 npcs prevent mob spawning! you can easily prevent npcs from escaping by putting them on any floor that doesn't have outside access. My buildings are always practical, functional, and most of all, they look decent!

no support because as crackshot said before, its been suggested many,many times.

So judging by this post, you dislike this suggestion because it's common. In that case if an extremely good thing to add to Terraria was suggested a lot, then would you give no support?

So judging by this post, you dislike this suggestion because it's common. In that case if an extremely good thing to add to Terraria was suggested a lot, then would you give no support?

all im saying is that this has been suggested many times before,and all of the other suggestions were well thought out,they had stats,new items for NPCs to sell,etc.,etc.,...

this has none of that.It is basically an exact copy of the other suggestions,just without any stats.

Back
Top Bottom