Console Ocram Revamp

Should the Servants of Ocram act like the BoC's Creepers, or circle around Ocram?

• Act like Creeper

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Make a circle around Ocram

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • Other (please respond)

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Sizable update!
  1. Added a few epic new sprites from @Bryce's Games! Thank you for these!
  2. The Tonbogiri's "homing drops of venom" are now dragonflies, makes more sense.
  3. The Tizona is slightly less useless.
  4. The Suspicious Looking Skull requires Chlorophyte to craft, and no mech souls.
  5. Ocram now drops Venom Arrows (in place of Spectral Arrows) and the Horned God set (instead of the mechs).

Sizable update!
  1. Added a few epic new sprites from @Bryce's Games! Thank you for these!
  2. The Tonbogiri's "homing drops of venom" are now dragonflies, makes more sense.
  3. The Tizona is slightly less useless.
  4. The Suspicious Looking Skull requires Chlorophyte to craft, and no mech souls.
  5. Ocram now drops Venom Arrows (in place of Spectral Arrows) and the Horned God set (instead of the mechs).
I might be able to do the bars, but I can't gaurantee anything.

I might be able to do the bars, but I can't gaurantee anything.
Don't worry. :p I made these before I contacted you.
Dragon_Bar.png
Titan_Bar.png
Spectral_Bar.png

Also, a reminder that there is a new poll up!

Im pretty sure you can fight ocram (like the moon events) as long as you are on a HM world.

Just saying...

Edit: also, changing the recipe for chlorophyte is a great idea.

hmm its the best Ocram suggestion I've seen and seeing how easy he is to beat (and his only worthwhile drop is Dragon armor) In all honesty only the Sharangra and Dragon armor seem any good among the console exclusives... My issue is I can't imagine him as anything more than side content...

Edit : I realise this sounds really negative, but I just don't agree with your "vision". Sorry if that offends anyone.

So, you're obviously designing Ocram like a "final boss", right? Except, he's pre-Plantera, so why is he so difficult?

A couple of issues : Invincible Servants... 70 of them. Given his damage output and projectile spam, this makes him a nightmare to fight, far outweighing the rewards. If they're going to be invincible, have 30 at most or the fight will have to get nerfed in a later update. Or better yet, have them take damage from the outset.

And secondly, yes, the rewards. Nobody is going to grind for these console exclusive Armours except Achievement Hunters (and from experience, I know how annoying that is) and superfans. Turtle Armour is available once you get Chlorophyte, so you'll kill this "guy" and just merc Plantera, get the Temple Key, waste the Golem and get Beetle Armour. EVERY guide on the internet will recommend this, because Ocram will be a DPS PITA to fight.

Worse still, he has Ichor attacks. Why? Is it not bad enough he has invincible minions AND Venom? And then you offer up rewards like a sword that's barely more powerful than a Cutlass and deals ranged damage?

The Soul Rifle would require damage values added to Souls and for them to become a recognised Ammo type. The damage is far too low besides and Souls of Flight will get spammed until people get a Chain Gun, Gatligator or Sniper Rifle with Chlorophyte Bullets.

Then there's Shroomite. That'll be available before you fight Ocram. So, he's now even more of a necessary annoyance than a cheap but easy novelty.

You know what's going to happen. 50% complaints that he's too hard (rightfully so), 50% will just boost him or throw in the towel and dupe everything.

Sorry man, but I see issues here.

Not a bad idea with regards to the Suspicious Looking Skull, but please, lord no, the whole Horned God Set from him too? Nope, this "inspires" people to dupe and call him a trash boss instead of the bizarre and oddly weak proto-clone that he is.

Personally, just let sleeping dogs lie. I don't want any better content than PC, just "the content from PC". Everything else is an afterthought and a luxury.

Edit : I realise this sounds really negative, but I just don't agree with your "vision". Sorry if that offends anyone.

So, you're obviously designing Ocram like a "final boss", right? Except, he's pre-Plantera, so why is he so difficult? Didn't notice how difficult he was. Sorry about that.

A couple of issues : Invincible Servants... 70 of them. Given his damage output and projectile spam, this makes him a nightmare to fight, far outweighing the rewards. If they're going to be invincible, have 30 at most or the fight will have to get nerfed in a later update. Or better yet, have them take damage from the outset. Alright then, I wanna keep the servants invincible, so I'll have 30 of them instead.

And secondly, yes, the rewards. Nobody is going to grind for these console exclusive Armours except Achievement Hunters (and from experience, I know how annoying that is) and superfans. Turtle Armour is available once you get Chlorophyte, so you'll kill this "guy" and just merc Plantera, get the Temple Key, waste the Golem and get Beetle Armour. EVERY guide on the internet will recommend this, because Ocram will be a DPS PITA to fight. Dragon Armor is already held in high regard, and Shroomite will be post-Plantera soon. I think these will find their niche.

Worse still, he has Ichor attacks. Why? Is it not bad enough he has invincible minions AND Venom? And then you offer up rewards like a sword that's barely more powerful than a Cutlass and deals ranged damage? He doesn't have Venom. Only his rewards do. I can see where the mistakes come from, though.

The Soul Rifle would require damage values added to Souls and for them to become a recognised Ammo type. The damage is far too low besides and Souls of Flight will get spammed until people get a Chain Gun, Gatligator or Sniper Rifle with Chlorophyte Bullets. Chlorophyte Bullets are already available due to the summoning item requiring Bars of the stuff. I'll add damage values and buff the damage, though.

Then there's Shroomite. That'll be available before you fight Ocram. So, he's now even more of a necessary annoyance than a cheap but easy novelty.

You know what's going to happen. 50% complaints that he's too hard (rightfully so), 50% will just boost him or throw in the towel and dupe everything.

Sorry man, but I see issues here.

Not a bad idea with regards to the Suspicious Looking Skull, but please, lord no, the whole Horned God Set from him too? Nope, this "inspires" people to dupe and call him a trash boss instead of the bizarre and oddly weak proto-clone that he is.

Personally, just let sleeping dogs lie. I don't want any better content than PC, just "the content from PC". Everything else is an afterthought and a luxury.

Responses in bold.

Beetle Armour is better for Events now. Dragon Armour has lost it's edge. Also, Frost Armour is a good pre-Dragon alternative due to Frostburn. Add in a Fire Gauntlet and you have double debuffs and good DPS. The only thing you'll need to offset the lower Def is a Honey/Campfire/Heart Lantern Arena.

Phase 2 lists Venom on contact as a thing.

Dragon Armour isn't as good as you think, and Titan/Spectral are outclassed by Shroomite/Spectre respectively.

And Plantera isn't that hard to kill, so killing Ocram just once to get to Plantera kinda makes his drops obsolete imo.

Just my thoughts...

Beetle Armour is better for Events now. Dragon Armour has lost it's edge. Also, Frost Armour is a good pre-Dragon alternative due to Frostburn. Add in a Fire Gauntlet and you have double debuffs and good DPS. The only thing you'll need to offset the lower Def is a Honey/Campfire/Heart Lantern Arena.

Phase 2 lists Venom on contact as a thing.

Dragon Armour isn't as good as you think, and Titan/Spectral are outclassed by Shroomite/Spectre respectively.

And Plantera isn't that hard to kill, so killing Ocram just once to get to Plantera kinda makes his drops obsolete imo.

Just my thoughts...
Okay then, didn't notice the Venom thing. Fixing now.

Okay guys, huge update!
  • Reworked the Servants completely. Now, the default is purple, not green, and the Blue ones have been removed to make light for the 2nd phase Servant-launching attack now acting like a Demon Scythe. I recommend rereading the fight section entirely.
  • Ocram now leaves damaging after-images after dashing.
  • Updated the Vulcan Repeater a bit. Still the same basic premise, but it now is less bland and more unique.
  • The Tizona now has a new projectile that makes it easier to use.
  • Reworked Spectral Arrows so that they randomly inflict a single type of fire or all three at the same time, and can be crafted.

Last edited:
Was thinking that the minions could actually be thrown at you by the boss. Not quite like the BoC's rubber leash, but... close.

Back
Top Bottom