OddGirl's Builds

OddGirl

Dungeon Spirit
I've seen so many amazing threads showcasing a gallery of someone's build I thought I'd start my own… though they may not be as awesome

Terraria Art

my entry from the 2nd anniversary contest. I play summoner usually so its my go to character, Tania, and at least one of each summon.
summoner1.png

Builds

A series if waterfalls with a hidden alchemy room underneath.
waterfalls.jpg

Still in need of more details. There's many things underwater hard to see… chests, crates, gold furniture, cannons, barrels, keg.
pirate-ship.jpg

1439837394_Capture 2015-08-13 21_30_20.png

1440132131_1439487050_Capture 2015-08-13 13_26_11.png

1439837221_Untitled-1.jpg

Its my house for the party girl. Confetti cannon is not cooperating but I like it. I wish there were more beach type decor… beach not tropical island thing

Capture 2015-09-07 21_41_42.png

In my world where I'm building each NPC a stylized house, it had 2 pyramids! I thought that with all the treasure and such in tombs that the merchant would want to take advantage and built his shop there in a ancient egyptian temple theme with original brightly painted colors. Not sure how to make it look "egyptian-y" though. He teleports from the top to the temple entrance then to his vault. The pillars also make a nice block to most mobs :)

Capture 2015-09-08 17_27_59.png

This is my tree house farm in my "ultimate" world. I originally started with a normal living tree but not sure how much is left that way. Left tree was built from scratch so I could encirle the farm area. The entrance (if you don't have a rod of discord anyway) is an actuated section of the right tree where the trunk splits. Its home for my dryad but she currently has a houseguest until I think of a cool house for him. There are 50 of each planter box and they're grouped like that, besides looks, its easier not to accidentally plant in the wrong area when using the auto. On the ground below is a little shed with supplies for the farm.

Let me know below if you have any more decorating ideas, I want to make it look more cozy.

1442279467_New Tree house.png

My (mostly done) steampunker hot air balloon ship. I wanted to make it more hot air balloon and less dirigible since that's the more common type. I used Boreal, Palm, Ebon and Shade wood as well as Tin Plating, Cogs and other odds and ends. I still would like to figure out how to put an anchor off the chain on the front and some sort of ships wheel in the driving area, also some more details as I run across bits that fit. Since that could take a while I decided to go ahead and post it as is. Any suggestions feel free to comment with them!

1442684794_Capture 2015-09-19 13_37_01.png

I built more of a "Cabin in the Woods" rather than haunted house. I picture that if you came up from behind or woke up in the main room of the cabin you'd think a hedge witch/herb woman lived there... until you went outside or she drug you to the basement. I think she may sacrifice and possibly eat people. o_O

The house is built out of Spooky Wood, Titanstone, Bone, Living Wood Wall, and Flesh lights and furniture as well as odds and ends from the dungeon and different placeable materials. I built the weeping willow tree using the mahogany wood/leaf wand. I added spots of jungle grass in there for the droopy vines but there aren't many in the pic, in defending myself while building I knocked most of them off :/

Capture 2015-10-10 01_27_02.png

"I wanted to build something for the halloween event going on now but after already having built the haunted house I was out of ideas. I've never done any building that wasn't houses before so this presented me with a challenge. Its not too huge, it could have had more details if so (like eyes in the skull) but build and learn. I didn't draw it out on graph paper or the like before hand, I just gathered my materials and went to town. Not sure I'll do more pixel art (is it pixel art?) but it was an adventure in and of itself.

To build I used: Cactus block, vine rope, pumpkin block, topaz gemspark wall, diamond gemspark block, Spooky wood and wall, slime block painted white and grey, and some actuators for the face detail.

Happy Halloween everyone!"

pumpking-build2.jpg

This used to be a little fishing dingy, tied off of the back of the sunken pirate ship, but I decided to upgrade it a bit. Its now made of primarily Shadewood and Ebonwood, with a bit of Dynasty, Boreal and Palm in a couple spots. He's painted with Lime, Deep Lime, Deep Orange & Negative Die. For his fiery mouth, behind the teeth is lava glass wall then living flame blocks out front. His spikes (almost my fav part :) ) is lead fence painted with deep orange, dragons need spikes! After that some cursed torches, sail, rope, gem spark wall and hay finish it off.

Capture 2015-12-01 21_14_12.png

This is my modded play thru's base. There are still some areas that need to be finished decorating but I wanted to get this up while I thought of it. Its all boreal wood, demonite brick, ebonstone brick and smooth granite with bits of bone, grey brick, and living wood wall.

granite-castle.jpg

My arena for my modded play thru. Did you know you can paint the bewitching table and such? I do now ha. I wasn't feeling well when I built this so spent probably too much time on the wall. Its a ton of granite, smooth and natural, and lit and unlit blue spark block wall.

granite-arena.jpg

Library.jpg

ice-fountain.jpg

santa.jpg

Capture 2016-06-06 21_56_12.png

workshop.png

stable.png

Capture-2016-12-21-15_34_06.png

spa.jpg

shroom.jpg

gm-farm.jpg

cyborg.jpg

Capture-2016-06-11-15_48_05.png

Big thanks to Khaios for inspiration on the dock from his floating house! (I hope I spelled his name right, derp)
Capture-2016-06-13-15_37_00.png

For my Zoo I had an area that a few biomes overlapped, all I did was add the pond really, so built my zoo there. Every critter that has a statue is in it with pressure plates on the ground to set off said critters when walked over. You can see a few in the pic from my walking thru to get the shot set up.
Capture-2016-12-15-15_05_44.png

a build I am working on to help out on someone's project. I tried to put everything in this hospital I could come up with.
Capture-2016-12-23-20_32_01.png

Another build to help out a project. This is a seaside seafood shack with picnic table, down the stair to the bonfire, dock with fish cleaning station, and a fishing boat inspired by a vietnamese boat I saw with a lil coral reef under
Capture-2016-12-23-12_12_55.jpg

Here's another build for the project I'm helping with. This is more modern house style abode for the guide. The barrels in the garage have one of each workstations. I don't know about you but that's how I typically do it in my play throughs, takes less space, I just pull out what I need
Capture 2016-12-27 23_19_06.png

Modded Play through builds
This crane is my first go at something more mechanical. In it I've use: pearlwood, palm wood platforms, cogs, adamantite beams, tin plating, mahogany wood, ebonstone block, wood walls, ship's wheel, lever, switches, boiler, rope, a crap ton of paint, chain, red christmas lights, ebonwood wall, wood fence, shadewood fence, brass shelf, wood beams... there might be more, I'll update if there is.
ogb-crane.jpg

So many things painted gray. If you're interested in a list I'll add it.
ogb-graveyard.jpg

s
research-facility.jpg

and here's the GIF of the elevator in all its glory...

elevator3.gif

ogb-pub.jpg

ogb-grotto-garden.jpg

Thanks for taking a look! Ideas on any WIP appreciated. :)

Last edited:
The Waterfall is my favorite as well, I like the vibe the hidden room is giving off in that scenery!
I'd also like to see more of your work :)

Those are all really fun to look at. I like the unique style you have for out of the box builds. The sunken ship looks cool all sideways.

Thanks everyone! I'm working on having a unique build for each npc right now. Trying to make them different is kinda tough! The pirate is the first and the angle makes it hard to furnish/decorate.

Ah, negative painted smoke block. That's really cool.
And sunken ship design snipes my preference.
9uvj5Rst_aSyEzpXbrvQu3vw5uannAlHJgENhcbvOCk=w34-h72-no

* Can i use that slope expression in my world? That's really cool.
oDfgfh94YXX7k4fbiUw8rXmVxONna0GQ8Ea5atRhm-A=w40-h34-no

I agree! The waterfalls... Best thing since Betty White <3 <3
I love everything that has anything to do with nature ... also the underwater base looks very interesting :3 Meow
Keep it up :3

Just added my party girls house to the op. I wish if I threw the beach ball in the water it would always float there.

Reactions: Chi
I've added my Tree Enclosed Herb Farm (it was on HappyDays latest Let's Build too!) and Steampunker Hotair Balloon.

You have some lovely builds OddGirl, thanks for sharing! The waterfall is definitely a favorite as well as your latest additions.

I was thinking about that anchor for your Steampunk Balloon. Perhaps you could use Cloud Blocks/Walls to make a cloud or two and use the Cloud Wall to place your anchor on. I don't know how far off the ground your Balloon is but maybe a tree below it with Grass/Flower/Jungle Walls could also be used to "anchor" it to.

You have some lovely builds OddGirl, thanks for sharing! The waterfall is definitely a favorite as well as your latest additions.

I was thinking about that anchor for your Steampunk Balloon. Perhaps you could use Cloud Blocks/Walls to make a cloud or two and use the Cloud Wall to place your anchor on. I don't know how far off the ground your Balloon is but maybe a tree below it with Grass/Flower/Jungle Walls could also be used to "anchor" it to.

That's a good idea! The ship is "docked" up at cloud level, at the cyborg's house so a cloud would work well! Thanks! Now to get the angler to gimme one `:happy:

Back
Top Bottom