• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

pixelcord

Terrarian
i tried it and it didnt work sadly. maybe because my projectile grows in size for each fram?
thanks anyway :D
I'll just tell you what I have for my projectile codes and see if it works. It shouldn't matter if the animation itself grows in size as long as each frame of the animation has the same border size.
So, in SetDefaults(),
make sure that your projectile.width and projectile.height are the size of one individual frame, not including the 2 pixels in between. Make sure that the number in your Main.projFrames[projectile.type] is the number of frames that you have. Then in the code, I have
C#:
        public override bool PreDraw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor)
        {
            projectile.frameCounter++;
            if (projectile.frameCounter >= 10)

{
                projectile.frame++;
                projectile.frameCounter = 0;
                if (projectile.frame > 3)
                    projectile.frame = 0;
            }
            return true;
When I use these scripts everything works fine for me, so if this doesn't work I'm not sure.

willcocobo

Terrarian
I'll just tell you what I have for my projectile codes and see if it works. It shouldn't matter if the animation itself grows in size as long as each frame of the animation has the same border size.
So, in SetDefaults(),
make sure that your projectile.width and projectile.height are the size of one individual frame, not including the 2 pixels in between. Make sure that the number in your Main.projFrames[projectile.type] is the number of frames that you have. Then in the code, I have
C#:
        public override bool PreDraw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor)
        {
            projectile.frameCounter++;
            if (projectile.frameCounter >= 10)

{
                projectile.frame++;
                projectile.frameCounter = 0;
                if (projectile.frame > 3)
                    projectile.frame = 0;
            }
            return true;
When I use these scripts everything works fine for me, so if this doesn't work I'm not sure.
ive now tried adding that code but under Predraw there is an error it says. 'curesedball.PreDraw(Spritebatch, Color': not all code paths return a value
im not sure what that means.
btw sorry if this is annoying.

Hey! I'm new to the forums, and Terraria modding, so excuse any dumbassery on my part, but I'm struggling to get a tile to work, with no apparent reason as to why. Here is my code, the 'UHCram' item works fine and isn't intended to place this tile, as in once it's mined you can't place it again with the 'UHCram
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Cram.Items.Placable
{
public class UnhardenedCram : ModTile
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
Main.tileSolid[Type] = true;
Main.tileMergeDirt[Type] = true;
Main.tileBlockLight[Type] = false;
Main.tileLighted[Type] = true;
drop = mod.ItemType("UHCram");
}
}
}

The Star Breaker

Steampunker
Do I need to remove tModLoader if I want to play the with the new 1.4 update? If so, how do I remove it?
I apologize if these questions have been asked before and I'm repeating them. Thank you for your responses in advance.

cookieboi

Terrarian
Im making a magic weapon and the projectile wont show up i have the .cs and .png files for both the staff and the projectile.
It wont fire anything no error no nothin'

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Do I need to remove tModLoader if I want to play the with the new 1.4 update? If so, how do I remove it?
I apologize if these questions have been asked before and I'm repeating them. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Nope, no need. You can just update Terraria, then install tModLoader on Steam (look for it in the store)

cookieboi

Terrarian
Im making a armor set and i want to have the set bonus be like the meteorite armor in that it effects a weapon.
i want to make it so it increases damage and knockback but im not sure how to code it in.

how do you do that?

Valmayu

Terrarian
Is there a way to make projectiles glow/not affected by light? I'm trying to make a weapon that shoots a beam like the Terra Blade and various other weapons.

SomeAsianGuy49

Terrarian
Hey, I'm trying to host my own tMod server on a remote linux machine. But the latest tModLoader release on Github seems to only support 1.3.5.3. Is there a way to get a 1.4 version of tModLoader that isn't on steam?

Drachenkeks

Steampunker
Is there an easy way to make wings that have hover capability? this was probably asked many times already, I did not find any answers however.

The ExampleMod's ExampleWings do not have anything for a hover ability it seems...
I tried using CloneDefaults to get it from the Vortex Booster and override the rest with my own stats, but that replaced the texture of my wings?

Is there a simple piece of code one could use for that, or any other tutorials? would really appreciate help :D

Top Bottom