tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

So seeing you started adding new content, i would like to propose adding a little from dragon ball maybe. you said something about like halo for ranged, darks ouls for melee, so perhaps dragon ball ki attacks would be appropriate for magic?

I'll change it for normal mode, so that only n the expert mode version, it'll be pre-hardmode. The mod was meant ot have strong enemies way before you're ready to fight them :p
Really, it should have a lot less health anyways for a pre-hardmode enemy. Like only 1000 health. And maybe not so much defense. At least make it post-skeletron during pre-hardmode.

in omnirs bestiary it says it isnt hardmode enemy, also this mod has a bunch of tough spawns prehardmode, i dont see any reason make him hardmode. also Joost keep to the center of the map if you want to avoid many of the harder enemies.

in omnirs bestiary it says it isnt hardmode enemy, also this mod has a bunch of tough spawns prehardmode, i dont see any reason make him hardmode. also Joost keep to the center of the map if you want to avoid many of the harder enemies.
Yeah, but the code had "if not in hardmode, don't spawn" -- I think I typo'd for the Bestiary.

But yes, it's meant ot be a flight or fight mode, keeping you on your toes -- making the world a very dangerous place.

Also, I do have some DBZ armors done for concept. Not much I like, though. We'll see!

I do want to Kamehame ha, and Frieza Death Ball everyone/thing

Sweet mother of progress, this is looking good!
I'd also say that (certain) tougher monsters should appear in phm but with a lower spawnrate. I.E. you won't find a clay golem very often in phm but when you do you'll be excited and tense because of the rare and hard encounter.
(Unless this is already the case, ignore me then.)

I have concepts done for them, but we'll see :< I was going to do it in the traditional FF style, but then summoners were added XD
Always thought it would be incredible to see more powerful, large-sized summons/minions in Terraria, perfect for a mod like this. Most of them would work -- Ifrit, Behamut, Leviathan, etc. I've seen other mods (Calamity) limit how many you can summon at once to 1 at a time, for sake of balance -- just like most FF games.

Not sure if that's something you've considered doing.

WoW amazing! Perhaps a summon system like final fantasy tactics.... the creature would consume a big amount of mana and do just one atack with massive damage...

Update:

v0.7.4
Fixed many issues with enemies shooting spells out of place
Added in the rest of the Orcs (Tibia)
Added in the rest of the hammers (except 2 with no current stats)
Added in Heal 3 and 4
Fixed other issues concerning Enemy spawning

Thank you @Compa For the bug reports!

I have concepts done for them, but we'll see :< I was going to do it in the traditional FF style, but then summoners were added XD
Hrm. I may not be using Omnir Mod right now, but have a free idea: Have two versions of the summon, one a summon familiar that does some generic attacks based on it's abilities, and then you also have a summon tome to do the summon's signature attack. Like, for example, and early-game Ifreet staff that allows you access to a close-range summon minion that occasionally launches fireballs or fire pillers, and then later you can get Spell Tome: Hellfire to unleash Ifreet's ultimate attack. Add some tier progression so all summons are somewhat useful during all tiers of play, and there you go.

EDIT: Further ideas/details

- Make it some way where you can only have one of the FF summons (for sake of ease, let's call them Espers from here on) at a time, either by making their minion count 3+ (forcing summoner armor and limiting them greatly without accessories) or by coding in a hard limit. On the fence on if an esper should limit you from summoning other summon familiars.
- Higher-grade espers have a chance (or a timed cast) to allow them the cast of their signiture attack against enemies. Higher-tier the esper, higher chance. Still leave it a low change, like maybe a TIV or TV version of the summon only having a 30% chance or so, so it's not entirely overbearing.
- Other signiture moves from the series could also fit there, but also could be included as abilities for the summons to use as well.

Let's start with a simple low-tier non elemental summon, Valefor from FFX. In Terraria, he could easily be a larger flying summon that hovers in the air, with his first 'ability' being Sonic Wave, which acts as the summon's main attack. Over upgrades (depending on how you want to do this, this can be done with a tier system over various boss drops) Valefor can eventually also gain access to Energy Ray, which can be a beam projectile he uses slower than the Sonic Wave attack but acts as another 'weapon' for the summon, somewhere during the mid of his tiering. At his last tier, he gains access to the Energy Blast, which can act as his 'all' attack that he'll do either rarely or on a massed delay. The summoner can also locate tomes allowing them access to at the very least Valefor Energy Ray and Valefor Energy Blast for their own use as spell tomes, doing summoning damage and requiring quite a bit of mana to try and keep them balanced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom