ONE LIFE MAN (Hardcore Terraria Playthrough)

Chapter 16, Miscellaneous Stuff part III! I was originally going to make an entire chapter out of looking for an aglet, but that ended up being really boring. Trust me on this one, you don't want to see an entire chapter of digging tunnels on the surface in hopes of finding one specific item. However, that does mean tomorrow's chapter is going to be a big one.

Chapter 16, Miscellaneous Stuff part III! I was originally going to make an entire chapter out of looking for an aglet, but that ended up being really boring. Trust me on this one, you don't want to see an entire chapter of digging tunnels on the surface in hopes of finding one specific item. However, that does mean tomorrow's chapter is going to be a big one.

Oh, this is daily? That should be added to the OP cuz i don't think anybody knew that!

EDIT: By the way, i think you may have made your "reverse trump solution" a little too small, as corrption can spread over 4 blocks, not 3 and even if you made it bigger than thorny vines could reach across it.

Last edited:
Oh, this is daily? That should be added to the OP cuz i don't think anybody knew that!

EDIT: By the way, i think you may have made your "reverse trump solution" a little too small, as corrption can spread over 4 blocks, not 3 and even if you made it bigger than thorny vines could reach across it.
I wouldn't exactly say this is entirely daily, so I don't think I should say it is in the OP, but I do try to make updates as often as possible so it stays interesting. Main reason I said "tomorrow's chapter" is because I knew I would be able to make an update today. Also, I know my reverse Trump solution actually works, I've done it before in a couple worlds.

CHAPTER 17, THE CHAPTER THAT CHANGED THE WORLD, OUT NOW! It's a short one, but it's a big one!
Edit: This is also my 100th post on these forums, yay!

I wouldn't exactly say this is entirely daily, so I don't think I should say it is in the OP, but I do try to make updates as often as possible so it stays interesting. Main reason I said "tomorrow's chapter" is because I knew I would be able to make an update today. Also, I know my reverse Trump solution actually works, I've done it before in a couple worlds.

Whenever i do the reverse trump solution thorny vines reach across the trench and corrupt the other side cuz i keep having grass grow all the wayyyyyyyyyyy down at least 1/3 of the trench
[DOUBLEPOST=1454810550,1454810347][/DOUBLEPOST]
Chapter 13! Shouldn't be too long now before I'm in hardmode. Maybe another 4-5 chapters? Maybe less? Before that I'll still have to survive...the wall...

OMG this was totally right it took 5 chapters!!! Are you ESP? Psychic? Pro? Lucky guesser?

Doesn't it suck getting a key or key mold right when you start hardmode that you know you wont be able to use for WEEKS!!!???

Now bringing you Chapter 19! I'm really glad I went with the melee class so I could start hardmode with really high damage weapons, or doing a hardcore playthrough would be a lot more difficult than it already is.

Just to make a quick update, it looks like I'm going to need to make another new post to put chapters in. Must be making these chapters longer and longer, I only got from chapters 12-19 on the last one, while the first post got to 11. I know it's been a few days since I last updated this, mostly due to me having other things to do, but the series will resume very soon!

Take your time. There is no need to hurry. :)

One tip though. In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt your playthrough if you took less screenshots. This would decrease your workload and give us readers the essential parts of your playthrough.

(Continued from page 3)

Chapter 20: Fly Away Now!
2016-02-02_00018.jpg
I'm back, and I think I've gotten over wasting a philosopher's stone on a charm of myths instead of selling it to the Wizard.
"I do not think you really had to scream about it for three days..."
"Yes I did."
Last time I found out that my Minishark is no longer useful, so I'll temporarily be replacing it with a Shotgun. This isn't the only weapon I wanted to replace though. I just need to take a quick trip to the underground hallow to get what I need for it...
2016-02-02_00023.jpg

...And there we go, a new yo-yo to replace my Sunfury. So um...what exactly am I going to do with all this new stuff I have?
"GO GET KILLED BY A WYVERN, THAT'S WHAT!"
"Oh hey, the Guide is actually starting to make sense when he speaks again. What's he talking about with wyverns though?"
"I believe he is referring to the wyverns that now patrol the skies. Their Souls of Flight may be useful to you if you wish to craft wings and gain the ability to fly."
"So in other words, there's no way I'm not going to pass up the chance to fly and I need to go hunt wyverns right now."
2016-02-02_00024.jpg
So I just need to stand here and wait for them to show up I guess? Maybe they don't like rain or something...
2016-02-02_00025.jpg
OK THAT LOOKS LIKE A WYVERN!
"Ey mon!"
The crap!?
"Ey, you're lookin' a bit confused there mon!"
"Well forgive me if I've never come across a Jamaican sounding wyvern before but WHY ARE THER JAMAICAN SOUNDING WYVERNS!?"
"What did you expect they would sound like?"
"Either that they wouldn't talk, or would sound like...I don't know...British or Scottish or something."
"Don't hate mon!"
2016-02-02_00027.jpg
I just bought this Shotgun, and now would be a perfect time to use it.
2016-02-02_00028.jpg
Actually this Chik would probably be better.
2016-02-02_00029.jpg
There we go, the wyvern is down and the Souls of Flight are mine!
"I'll be back, mon! I always come back!"
"So is that it? I only need the few that he dropped?"
"No, actually. You will need 20 to craft wings."
"Back to wyvern hunting then."
2016-02-02_00031.jpg

"Ok, I have 22 Souls of Flight. Guide, are you calm enough to tell me what else I need to make wings?"
"I'd say right now you should get either angel wings or demon wings, which require 10 feathers, 20 Souls of Flight, and 25 of either Souls of Light or Night. KILL!"
I've got more Souls of Night than Light, so guess I'll be going with demon wings. Might have to do a little bit more grinding down in the underground corruption, but how bad could that really be?
2016-02-02_00032.jpg

WHY.
2016-02-02_00033.jpg
Hey, what's up with this guy? Never seen anything like him down here before.
"Oh my...this individual seems to be horribly corrupted...more from his own actions than anything else, it seems. I urge you to come back down here with a bag of my purification powder and try to cleanse him as best you can. He should be given a chance at redeeming himself."
"Hm...well if that green space rock could be redeemed than maybe he can be too..."
"What was that?"
"Nothing. If I remember to, I'll come back down with some purification powder."
2016-02-02_00037.jpg
How does this even work?
2016-02-02_00038.jpg
"Um, would you mind maybe getting me out of here or something?"
("One Life Man...")
("I know, I know, I'll help her...")
2016-02-02_00039.jpg
"I would have given you a free cut if you'd come earlier."
"Oh, so you're a stylist? I don't really need a haircut, but I might have a friend at home who needs one.(I'm guessing you haven't had your hair cut in what, like, 200 years?)"
("WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I AM LETTING HER AND HER SCISSORS NOWHERE NEAR MY HAIR! HAVE YOU ANY CLUE HOW MANY PLANTS THOSE SCISSORS HAVE KILLED!?")
2016-02-02_00040.jpg
"I'M BACK! Hey Guide, if you're watching, take a look at what I can do now."
2016-02-02_00042.jpg
"YEAH, LIKE THIS? WISH YOU COULD DO IT MAYBE?"
"I ain't even mad.-_-"
"One Life Man, the Guide seems well enough to assist you again. He likely will be able to provide better advice than I can, so if you wish for him to take my place, please say so."
"Actually you could stick with the Dryad being your guide. I may know more about crafting recipes and dungeons and stuff like that, but if she was busy helping you that would give me more time to plot my REVENGE!"
"You what?"
"Nothing. Point is, now you can choose one of us to be your guide. Who's it going to be?"
"Um...give me a second here...I choose..."
Chapter 21: Achieving Perfect Balance?
2016-02-02_00042.jpg

"...I choose...the Dryad. She seems to know a lot about hardmode, plus do you really think I'm going to start taking your crap again Guide?"
"I promise, I will try my best to not disappoint you:dryadgrin:!"
"Meh. I don't really care either way. Gives me more time to work on my plans for revenge. Now then, what happened to that old mage guild from the dungeon..."
2016-02-03_00002.jpg
So, I had an idea recently. The Dryad said a while ago that I can think of the hallow and the corruption like yin and yang, and it's my job to achieve balance between them. I've been thinking REALLY HARD about what I should do about that, and I think I've got it.
2016-02-03_00006.jpg
Alright, this should be as good a spot as any...
2016-02-03_00007.jpg
There we go, that should do...might need to put down some hallowed sand first...
"Are you perhaps trying to make more hallow so it is equal with the corruption?"
"Not exactly."
2016-02-04_00006.jpg
There we go, that's one half of it...
"I still do not see what you are planning."
2016-02-04_00007.jpg
OH CRAP THIS IS, LIKE, LITERALLY RIGHT BEHIND THE DRYAD'S HOUSE! I CAN'T HAVE CORRUPTION THIS CLOSE TO MY BASE!
2016-02-04_00009.jpg
EAT PURIFICATION POWDER, YOU FIENDS!
2016-02-04_00011.jpg
AND WITH THE CREATION OF THIS SUNFLOWER FIELD, I SWEAR THAT MY BASE SHALL NEVER FALL TO THE CORRUPTION!
"I have heard there is a device that makes it significantly easier to cleanse the corruption. If only I knew where you could get one..."
"Believe me, if my idea works, which I am 90% sure will work, nobody will ever have to worry about the corruption or hallow ever again."
2016-02-04_00015.jpg
"One Life Man, perhaps you should see if that lost child over there is alright."
"I don't see who you're talking about, but it sounds like if he existed he would be really annoying and I would regret inviting him to where I live."
"Do not be like that, he's right in front of you. You have plenty of space to give him shelter, I insist that you offer it to him."
"Still don't see who you're talking about."
"Yep, I'm with him. No idea who you're talking about. At all."
"You two..."
2016-02-04_00016.jpg
And that's the last thing I'll need for this. Get ready to achieve perfect balance, world!
2016-02-04_00019.jpg
HAHA! Now THIS is what I call a weapon! Not only is it insanely powerful, but this weapon is also the literal embodiment of yin and yang! If I use this enough, the world will be in perfect balance in no time!
"One Life Man, that is not how this works. You cannot spread purity simply through using a weapon with the power of light and dark inside of it."
"Oh. Well how was I supposed to know that? Eh...if nothing else, at least it's a really powerful weapon. Might reforge it really quickly though."
2016-02-04_00021.jpg
So I just found out that I can use pixie dust and some crystals to make these really strong healing potions. Can't make many right now but...
*The Blood Moon is rising...*
Perfect. Guess I won't be making any more of these for now.
"Um...One Life Man, if you'll excuse me, I would prefer to be alone for tonight..."
"And now I'm without a Guide..."
"HEY BUDDY, YA STILL GOT ME!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
2016-02-04_00022.jpg
WHY ARE THERE CLOWNS WITH BOMBS!?
"Oh, so that's who stole some grenades from the Demolitionist."
2016-02-04_00023.jpg
MAURO, NO! Who was Mauro again?
"The painter or something."
"MAURO THE PAINTER, NO!"
2016-02-04_00025.jpg

"WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT GIANT ICE MONSTER!?"
"And on that day, One Life Man received a cruel reminder..."
"THIS IS NO TIME FOR YOUR ANIME QUOTES, THERE'S A GIANT ICE MONSTER SHOOTING LASERS AT ME!"
"Heck if I know. See if it has anything of value on it."
2016-02-04_00026.jpg
WELL, I'VE FOUND OUT THAT IT'S CALLED AN ICE GOLEM. I'VE ALSO FOUND OUT THAT IT SHOOTS ICE LASERS FROM ITS EYES AND IS REALLY HARD TO KILL.
"That only means that the loot on it will be even better. Don't retreat, try to see if you can kill it."
"See I know you're just trying to play me...but it's working."
2016-02-04_00027.jpg
The Blood Moon has just passed, and the Ice Golem is almost dead. Good.
"I am feeling better now. I shall resume my duties as your guide."
Hey, things just keep getting better!
*Pirates are approaching from the east!*
OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOO!
Chapter 22: YAR HAR FIDDLE-DEE-DEE!
2016-02-04_00027.jpg
THERE ARE PIRATES HERE!? HOW ARE THERE PIRATES HERE, THIS ISN'T THE OCEAN!
"You call them pirates. I call them cheap mercenaries."
"YOU WOT M8!?"
2016-02-04_00028.jpg
OK AT LEAST I KILLED THE ICE GOLEM IN TIME! Hey what's that ice feather there do? WAIT, NO TIME FOR THAT!
2016-02-04_00029.jpg
Ok, made it back here just in time to block up the lower doors. Wait, the Wizard's out there!
"Hey, you might want to get back in here!"
"Don't worry about me, Saitama! I can handle myself just fine in a good old scrap!"
"Is there anything else you can do to convince him to return to safety?"
"Meh...I'm sure he'll be fine."
2016-02-04_00030.jpg
"I TOLD YOU TO CONVINCE HIM TO RETURN TO SAFETY!"
"Crap, I guess he isn't as powerful as he says he is."
"It's alright, Saitama! I can just come back in a few hours, perfectly normal!"
"Did his disembodied head just speak to me?"
"O-O"
Right, well, for now I'm just going to be using my Nimbus Rod for crowd control. I'll go down there myself once things are a little more calm.
2016-02-04_00032.jpg
FACE THE EMBODIMENT OF PERFECT BALANCE, YOU SCUM OF THE SEVEN SEAS!
2016-02-04_00034.jpg
That must be their captain up there. Wait, is that a machine gun he has there?
2016-02-04_00035.jpg
YEAH THAT'S A MACHINE GUN HE'S GOT THERE! AND NOW HE'S IN MY HOUSE! I DON'T THINK ANYWHERE IS SAFE NOW!
2016-02-04_00036.jpg

OK SO I'VE BEEN KILLING HIM SLOWLY WITH NIMBUS CLOUDS, BUT NOW HIS ARMY IS BUILDING UP OUTSIDE!
2016-02-04_00037.jpg
HA HA! DOWN GOES THE CAPTAIN! That means I've won, right?
2016-02-04_00038.jpg
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
"Perhaps that would explain why they are this far inland. They are air pirates, not ordinary pirates!"
"YEAH, YOU THINK!?"
2016-02-04_00039.jpg

DID THEY JUST-
THEY JUST RAMMED MY HOUSE! WHY DID THEY JUST RAM MY FRIGGIN HOUSE!?
"I am not familiar with air pirate tactics, but perhaps it is because that is how they board other ships."
"OH GREAT, SO THEY'RE GOING TO START INVADING MY HOUSE!"
2016-02-04_00040.jpg

Ok, using my Nimbus Rod seems to be working. As long as I keep doing that while staying inside to avoid cannonfire, I'll be fine. I think.
2016-02-04_00041.jpg
HA! TAKE THAT, PIRATE SCUM! WHAT ARE YOU WITHOUT YOUR SHIP? NOTHING, THAT'S WHAT!
"I sense another ship coming your way."
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-"
2016-02-04_00042.jpg

And of course, they chose to ram my house again.
"RIP One Life Man's house."
2016-02-04_00043.jpg
If I take down another one of your ships, will you guys leave me alone?
2016-02-04_00045.jpg
I took down that last ship, but then right behind that one was ANOTHER SHIP!
"Saitama! I'm back, just like I said I would be!"
"Good, don't die again."
"HAVE AT YOU, YOU RUFFIANS!"
"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?"
2016-02-04_00046.jpg
THREE SHIPS! IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH!?
"I do not sense any more of them coming your way."
"GOOD."
"Hm...interesting. I'll be taking note of this..."
"What are you planning...?"
2016-02-04_00048.jpg
So one of the pirates dropped this...looks like it's better than my Night's Edge by a little bit, surprisingly. Could use a better reforge on it though.
2016-02-04_00049.jpg
Oh, and the painter's back. Good for him. So I'm going to assume that the ice feather I got from the golem is another wing ingredient, so I'm going to go get more souls of flight. When I come back, I WILL BE ABLE TO FLY!...Better, that is.
Chapter 23: Vibrations From Deep Below...
2016-02-08_00007.jpg
I TOLD YOU I'D BE BACK WITH BETTER WINGS!
These are Frozen Wings apparently. Guess that should have been obvious since I made them from an ice feather. Getting back to business as usual though, the pirates taught me two things:
First of all, I'm going to need better armor if I'm going to live too much longer, and thankfully I have a mythril drill to get titanium with.
Second of all, I'm pretty sure the Gudie hired those pirates, so I should probably kill him again one of these days.
"Would more needless violence not only make relations between you and the Guide even worse? Surely there is a way to make peace between you two."
"Maybe there's a way, but that's not going to be my way."
2016-02-08_00009.jpg

How the...how did a Party Girl end up here?
"I found her just earlier this morning. She came here looking...quite dazed and confused. I couldn't simply turn her away, so I invited her to live in our village."
"She can stay here as long as she sells stuff or pays rent. I won't have any freeloaders living here."
2016-02-08_00011.jpg

And now a pirate captain? Didn't I just kill off an entire fleet of pirates?
"Oy, that's PRIVATEER to you. I'm not one o' them filthy sea rats. I came here because I heard this area is now a target fer pirates, and the fewer a' them I can make, the easier my job is."
"Right well, if this place is going to be a target for pirates I would appreciate you reinforcing my house. They keep ramming it."
2016-02-08_00012.jpg

So, now my goal is to find as much titanium as possible. The sooner I can get a full set of titanium armor, the better.
"There may be enough titanium ore in that one vain for you to upgrade your forge into a titanium forge."
"Well why would I want to waste valuable ore on an upgraded forge?"
"That is the only type of forge that can properly smelt titanium."
"Oh. That's a pretty good reason."
2016-02-08_00016.jpg
Alright, titanium forge. NOW I'll try to get as much titanium as I can.
2016-02-08_00017.jpg

Well, that blood moon would be a bad thing, but I'm underground this time, so this time it doesn't affect me.
"Um...actually if you'll excuse me..."
Oh. Right.
2016-02-08_00019.jpg

Hey is that some kind of special chest over there?
2016-02-08_00020.jpg
THAT IS A VERY SPECIAL CHEST OVER THERE, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD IN IT. ONLY MURDER TEETH.
2016-02-08_00021.jpg
Ok it's gone...
The bad thing is gone...
And all it had in it was...whatever this is...
2016-02-08_00023.jpg

*One day later*
Well, searching for these ores has got to be the most boring thing ever. I've been searching for like 2 days now and I don't even have enough for a full set of armor.
"Do not lose focus of the task at hand. This will be well worth the time you are putting in."
"But I'm bored..."
2016-02-08_00024.jpg
Huh. Didn't know this place got earthquakes.
"That is no earthquake..."
"Is this bad?"
"As you are now? Quite bad."
"Like, I should probably stay underground and try to keep a low profile bad?"
"Most likely."
2016-02-08_00025.jpg
Well, I'll be stuck down here for a while, and I'm quickly running out of torches, so I won't be able to keep looking for titanium for too much longer. Not much else to do so...
2016-02-08_00028.jpg
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Wait this minecart track is at lava level NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
2016-02-08_00029.jpg
Another mimic. At least this one's smaller.
2016-02-08_00030.jpg
Huh. So these mimics do actually have good stuff sometimes. Hey wait a second, that chest over there isn't reflecting light like gold should...
"I FOUND YOU, FAKER!"
"Faker? I think you're the fake around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake."
2016-02-08_00031.jpg

The thing he dropped may not be too useful on its own, but maybe there's something I can combine it with.
"One Life Man, it should be safe to come back up now."
"Oh good, there's a rumor that I wanted to test out now that I know corrupted mimics are a thing."
2016-02-08_00034.jpg
Alright, so I made a full set of titanium armor, and now that I know corrupted mimics are indeed a thing, I've heard that they can be created by putting a Key of Night into any regular chest. I'm going to test this theory out.
2016-02-08_00035.jpg
Ok, so I can call this theory confirmed. Good thing that this time, I have plenty of open space to fight this thing in.
2016-02-08_00036.jpg
Aw man, all that effort and all it dropped was another hook. It's not even as cool as the Dual Hook I just got either. Well, no matter. I just remembered that I have some dynasty wood that i got from a travelling merchant a long time ago, so maybe it's about time I actually do something with it.
2016-02-08_00039.jpg

OH COME ON, ANOTHER ONE!? THAT'S THREE, ALMOST ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CLEAN UP SO MUCH BLOOD...
Chapter 24: Preparing for the Robot Apocalypse!
2016-02-08_00039.jpg
And so comes yet another blood moon. Actually, this is kind of a good thing since it's raining. You see, as I've found out, the frost core I got from the ice golem I killed a while ago can be used to make frost armor. If I'm not mistaken, that's going to be something I want. Since it's raining AND a blood moon tonight, these are the perfect conditions for finding more ice golems and getting more frost cores.
2016-02-08_00041.jpg

I KNEW IT! THERE'S ONE HERE ALREADY!
2016-02-08_00043.jpg
Wow...that was easy. I mean, there weren't any extra enemies getting in the way this time, but I just barely made it out of my last fight with an ice golem.
2016-02-08_00044.jpg
WAIT IS THIS THE EFFECT OF MY TITANIUM ARMOR? HEY GUIDE, IS THIS MY ARMOR DOING THIS?
"Yeh."
HAHAHA! I AM ONE! I AM MANY! I AM LEGION!
"Calm down, it just creates two afterimages so it's harder for enemies to target you."
HAHAHA!
"I can tell you're listening well."
2016-02-08_00045.jpg
NOW MY ARMY, FORWARD! ATTACK THE GOLEM WITH THE POWER OF OUR THREE SWORDS ACTING AS ONE!
2016-02-08_00046.jpg
OW THAT REALLY HURT. Hey, what happened to my clone army?
"Hey, I tried telling you that those were just afterimages. Yeh scrub."
2016-02-08_00047.jpg
Well my old method of golem killing still works at least. With that golem down though, I now have all three frost cores I'll need. I have nothing else to do right now, so I'll go back to building bridges like I was before the blood moon started.
2016-02-08_00050.jpg
Stopped raining, finally. Too bad there's still a blood moon.
2016-02-08_00051.jpg

Now that the blood moon is over, HEY DRYAD, TAKE A LOOK AT THESE!
"What about those? They can be made into frost armor, but I believe you already possess better armor."
"Better armor? Since when?"
"Since yesterday. Your titanium armor is superior, both in defense and in its special ability."
"Oh. Will these at least be worth something?"
"I cannot say. Perhaps the Merchant would be better at appraisal."
"Um...hey old man?"
"I'LL GIVE YEH THREE GOLD FOR ALL OF THEM!"
"Only three?"
"Take it or leave it. My offers never change."
"It's better than nothing."
Anyways, I have a bunch of people I need to kick out of my house, so I'll need to build more housing.
2016-02-08_00052.jpg
There. That should keep the freeloaders out for at least a little while. So um...what exactly am I doing next.
"My recommendation would be to try fighting the Destroyer."
"Is that the thing causing earthquakes the other day?"
"Indeed it was. I believe you have the proper armor for the job, but it would be wise to find a cross necklace first. One of those will grant you temporary invincibility after each hit you take. I believe they can be found on mimics."
"A necklace of temporary invincibility you say? Looks like I'm going after some mimics now."
2016-02-08_00054.jpg
Got a few battle potions and came down here in search of mimics. Found one really quick, but it had a titan glove, not a cross necklace. I might still have a use for this though...
2016-02-08_00055.jpg
...?
"YOU SAW NOTHING!"
2016-02-08_00057.jpg
Oooooooohhhhh...
"Please do not..."
2016-02-08_00058.jpg
Hehehehehehehehehehe...
"Violence only leads to more violence!"
2016-02-08_00059.jpg
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE!
"I cannot believe you sometimes...%:sigh:"
2016-02-08_00060.jpg
THIS WAS SO WORTH IT!
"The Guide is only going to come back even angrier..."
2016-02-08_00061.jpg
Oh wow, this was actually worth it in more ways than one!
"Your actions are still not justified..."
2016-02-08_00062.jpg
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Hey, he's back anyways, so no harm done.
2016-02-08_00063.jpg
Second mimic, even though I've had battle potions up for a long time!
2016-02-08_00064.jpg
INVINCIBILITY NECKLACE! AFTER ONLY TWO TRIES!
"You may also be able to combine that with a star cloak as well."
"Really? I think I already have one of those."
2016-02-08_00065.jpg

HAH! NOW I'M READY FOR ANYTHING! EVEN SOMETHING THAT CAN...cause earthquakes...
Maybe I should do some additional preparations.
2016-02-08_00068.jpg
First I'll be needing one of these...
2016-02-09_00002.jpg
And then I'll be making a proper arena like this...
2016-02-09_00004.jpg
And now I think I'm prepared. Well maybe I'll add some camp fires and heart lamps later, but I'm mostly prepared. Next time...
Well I probably don't need to explain what I'm doing next time, do I?
Chapter 25: Total Destruction!
One Life Man VS Destroyer.png

initializing...
initialization complete
calibrating...
calibration complete
runfile:destroyworld(ver1.3).ai
<ERROR>
task cannot be completed (interference in 'world' detected)
runfile:destroyplayer(ver1.3).ai
print ('YOU SHALL BE DESTROYED, INTERLOPER')

2016-02-09_00010.jpg
THE TIME HAS COME TO DESTROY THE DESTROYER!
"I wish you luck. This may be one of your most difficult fights yet."
<targeting>
2016-02-09_00011.jpg

OOOOOOH CRAP HE'S A BIG ONE!
So, strategy. My current status effects are ironskin, regen, soup, swiftness, thorns, hunter, and sharpened. I also have heart lamps and campfires up for additional regen. With any luck all this will be enough for this first fight with the Destroyer. I'm going to mostly be using my Dao of Pow since it deals massive damage, especially to anything with multiple segments, but I'll also be using my Cutlass if the situation calls for it. Aside from that, I'll mostly just be staying in my box here to avoid lasers and be able to see when he's coming.
2016-02-09_00012.jpg

Hey, speaking of using my Cutlass when the situation calls for it, this would be one right here. If I can't hit a lot of segments at once, no point in using my slower weapon.
"It appears it is trying to trap you."
CRAP I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT! UM...SCREW IT, I'M TAKING SOME DAMAGE TO ESCAPE HERE!
2016-02-09_00013.jpg
Man, look at this DPS...thing of beauty, isn't it?
2016-02-09_00014.jpg

Hey, get back here! All I did was set up a couple clouds to get even higher DPS!
"There was a penguin down there earlier. I wonder what happened to him?"
"All this is going on and you're concerned about a friggin penguin?"
2016-02-09_00016.jpg

NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS A PERFECT CHANCE TO USE THE DAO OF POW!
2016-02-09_00017.jpg

I'VE ALMOST DESTROYED THE DESTROYER! HEY IF I DESTROY HIM DO I GET HIS TITLE?
"I do not believe that is how this works."
"Hey, it was just a joke. I didn't actually expect to get the title."
(secretly, I was kind of hoping I would get the title because One Life Man the Destroyer sounds really cool...)
2016-02-09_00018.jpg

<INTERNAL ERROR>
target was stronger than anticipated
scanning damage...
scan complete
damage levels: 100%
diagnostic:unit unable to repair. critical failure iminent.
==SYSTEMS SHUTTING DOWN==
end

HAHAHA! I AM VICTORIOUS! I HAVE DESTROYED THE DESTROYER!
Wow I really didn't think I would be here saying that...
"Indeed. I would not have expected you to have made it as far as you have, seeing that you only have half a soul. You wouldn't even be able to come back if you were killed in your state, would you?"
"How do you know that...?"
"I am in tune with nature. It is not hard for me to tell. May I ask though, how did you get to be that way?"
"It's a long story. Short version is that I made a trade, and that's what happened. Enough about that though."
2016-02-09_00020.jpg

So, he dropped Souls of Might, huh? I already know one thing those can be used for. Looks like I can also make some pretty powerful boomerang-type weapons too. I'll need a couple more shark fins for that other thing though...
2016-02-09_00021.jpg

"A Steampunker has arrived in our village."
"A Steampunker? Didn't that go out of style like 5 years ago?"
"STEAMPUNK'S NOT DEAD YET, SCRUB! Besides, she doesn't just make things look like Victorian-age technology, she has real life Victorian-age technology."
"Sounds exciting. Can't wait to get my hands on a rusted old boiler."
"Hey, it's futuristic stuff. Like teleporters."
2016-02-09_00022.jpg

Oh great. Now I have one of these guys here. I will proceed to ignore him.
2016-02-09_00024.jpg

HAHAHA! NOW I HAVE A MEGASHARK, ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPONS IN THE WORLD! THE POWER! I CAN FEEL THE POWER! HAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Chapter 26: Swordchucks!
2016-02-09_00025.jpg

NOW ARMED WITH AN INSANELY OVERPOWERED MACHINE GUN, I BRAVELY SET FORTH TO ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGES THE WORLD HAS TO THROW AT ME!
But first I'm going to check out what the Steampunker has to sell. This Clentaminator looks interesting, but I can't really afford it right now.
"I believe the Clentaminator can be used to easily clean the world of the hallow and corruption. It would be wise to get one as soon as possible."
"Oh. Yeah, I probably should, with the corruption surrounding my base on both sides and all."
Aside from saving to get that though, I think I'll be trying to get a few more light disks, and maybe some hallowed armor. Sooo...guess I'm waiting until night to fight the Destroyer again!
2016-02-09_00026.jpg

HE SPAWNED FROM THE SKY THIS TIME!?
"I did not think that was possible..."
<target reacquired. attempting orbital surprise attack.>
2016-02-09_00028.jpg
And that right there is my first piece of hallowed armor. It's going to take a lot more Destroyers to make a full set though, so I'll probably want to go underground and get some more Souls of Night. Maybe I should stop by the hallow too and get enough Souls of Light for another Light Disk.
2016-02-09_00029.jpg

WHAT THE WHAT IS THAT THING AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
"That is known as a Red Devil, a more powerful version of the Demons you are used to seeing in the underworld. Why they are coming out now, I cannot say. All I can tell you is to be careful around them."
2016-02-09_00038.jpg
I'm back from soul farming, I made myself another Light Disk, and I decided I had enough Souls of Night to make another Key of Night. So here we go with another Corrupted Mimic.
2016-02-09_00039.jpg
CREATURE OF DARKNESS, YOU SHALL BE SLAIN BY MY WEAPONS OF THE LIGHT!
"Dorky one-liners!"
"Shut up."
2016-02-09_00041.jpg

More Putrid Scent? Do these things only drop Worm Hooks and Putrid Scent?
"They can drop a variety of items. They may also contain Dart Rifles, Clinger Staffs, and Chain Guillotines."
"Chain Guillotines sound interesting. What are those?"
"Chain Guillotines are two blades on a chain. They are perfect weapons for-"
"Two blades...on a chain? Have I finally found them...?"
"Oh, you have been looking for something of that description?"
"Of course I have! That sounds like an exact description of the legendary SWORDCHUCKS! They were invented a long time ago by a grandmaster fighter as a combination of swords and nunchucks, and are considered by many to be the ultimate evolution of the sword! All the effectiveness of two swords, but with the handling of just one! Perfect speed and slicing capabilities! A perfect balance between swords and...um...chucks!"
"That sounds like a highly inefficient sword design. Would swinging an extra sword not be equally as dangerous for the user?"
"Figures that you wouldn't understand. Only a true sword enthusiast would understand the genius that is Swordchucks. But anyways, if I'm going to find these, I'll need some more souls, but first I should fight the Destroyer again."
2016-02-09_00043.jpg
FIGHT NUMBER 3! PROBABLY JUST GOING TO TAKE THE HALLOWED INGOTS AND GO STRAIGHT BACK TO SOUL FARMING!
2016-02-09_00045.jpg
"A Trifold Map? Isn't that something I can use to make an ankh charm or something?"
"I believe so. That, plus many other items."
"Hm. I've heard stories about how difficult it is to get those things."
2016-02-09_00046.jpg
ALRIGHT, LET'S GO WITH A COUPLE MORE OF THESE!
2016-02-09_00048.jpg
AAAAAND- useless...
2016-02-09_00049.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND- still useless...
2016-02-09_00050.jpg
NOT THE KIND I WAS LOOKING FOR!
2016-02-09_00053.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAND- oh, this one isn't completely useless. I'll have to see if this can be a replacement for my Nimbus Rod.
2016-02-09_00055.jpg
Well, I wasn't expecting to find another naturally spawning corrupted mimic, but hey, I'll take it.
2016-02-09_00058.jpg
Still useless...
2016-02-09_00059.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND- STILL USELESS!
2016-02-09_00060.jpg
The crap is up with that worm down there?
"If you wish to catch it, I would not recommend using that worm as bait. Especially near the ocean."
"Oddly specific. Probably means I should listen to you."
2016-02-09_00062.jpg
USELESS!
2016-02-09_00063.jpg
USELESS! MUDA!
"ORA!"
"MUDAMUDAMUDA!"
"ORAORAORAORAORAORA!"
"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAUDAMUDA!"
"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!"
"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!"
"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA"
2016-02-09_00064.jpg
"ROAD ROLLER DA! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
"Yare yare daze..."
2016-02-09_00065.jpg
HAHAHA! THEY'RE MINE! They do kind of look...I don't know...smaller than I thought they were though...and a bit weaker too...
"What were you expecting? Chain Guillotines have small blades, not entire swords."
"Hang on, I'm pretty sure these are the legendary Swordchucks. They fit the exact description, minus the blade size..."
2016-02-09_00066.jpg

I'll need to give these the perfect reforge to bring them to their ultimate potential I guess. Hey, Goblin, any chance you could increase the blade size on these things?
"Sorry, I can't on these. That would just throw them off balance. This is about as good as I can get them."
"Hmm...something's wrong here..."
2016-02-09_00071.jpg
Well the damage is good I guess, but nothing like the Swordchucks...those are supposed to cut straight through anything in 2 swings or less...
2016-02-09_00073.jpg
Kind of does that with these dungeon enemies, but these are kind of weak compared to everything else I'm up against these days...
Wait, I've got an idea!
2016-02-09_00076.jpg
YEAH, THIS WILL TRULY SHOW THE POWER OF THE SWORDCHUCKS!
2016-02-09_00079.jpg
Ok this isn't working...back to the regular sword...
"As I have been saying, those are just Chain Guillotines. They would have been useful close range weapons had you found them earlier, but you have superior weaponry now. Maybe you'll find your Swordchucks someday?"
"I can only hope..."
2016-02-09_00084.jpg

Even if I don't have Swordchucks, I did get a full set of hallowed armor. I think I'll take a bit of time off fighting things though. This village of mine doesn't look too bad, but it could look better, so I'll be doing some building. Maybe that can take my mind off of Swordchucks...
"I will be here if you need someone to talk to."
"Thanks..."
Chapter 27: SURPRISE ATTACK!
2016-02-09_00086.jpg

Meh...you know what, I feel like changing my vanity set. This should do nicely.
2016-02-09_00087.jpg
Oh crap what does that mean...
"I believe that means you should prepare for a fight with The Twins."
CRAP I DON'T EVEN HAVE POTIONS READY! OR MY ARENA!
"THEN YOU GOTTA GO FAST!"
2016-02-09_00088.jpg
"GOTTA GO FASTER!"
"GOTTA GO FASTER, FASTER, FASTERFASTERFASTER!"
2016-02-09_00089.jpg

"THEY'RE HEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEE!"
One Life Man VS The Twins.png
2016-02-09_00090.jpg
<s> FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, WE HAVE LAIN DORMANT! WHAT FOOL DARES TO CHALLENGE US NOW?
<r> We've only even been around for about 200 years you imbecile. We couldn't have possibly been dormant for thousands.
<s> I'm not that good at math, so what...

This is seriously who I'm up against?
"This is not at all how I imagined the Twins would be at all..."
So um...strategy now I guess? Only buffs I have up right now are swiftness, ironskin, regen, and soup. Probably would have had thorns and sharpened too if I had gotten the time. I'm going to aim for taking out Spazmatism first so I don't have to deal with both of them in their second forms, and I personally find Retinazer easier to deal with. This platform I built should also help with dodging.
2016-02-09_00091.jpg
<s> OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED, THIS GUY LOOKS LIKE AN ANIME CHARACTER OR SOMETHING!
<r> I'll take your word for it. I never really got into anime.

"What even are these guys?"
"I...do not really know..."
<s> SEE? He can even use magic to talk with a magical girl!
"For your information, I am a dryad, not a 'magical girl', as you put it. I am not using magic to communicate, I am communicating directly through-"
<r> Can we just focus on the fight at hand?
"Yeah, can we?"
2016-02-09_00092.jpg
You know, it's a really good thing I decided to make a Megashark instead of wasting Souls of Might on something useless like an Excalibur.
2016-02-09_00093.jpg
<s> HOHO, YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS ALL, BUT HERE COMES MY SECOND FORM! ALL GOOD BOSSES HAVE A SECOND FORM!
<r> Well not really. That Golem scrub has a second form, but I wouldn't really say he's a good boss. On the opposite end you have the Moon Lord, and he's probably better than all of us at being a boss. No second form there, unless you want to count-

"WOAH GUYS, HOLD BACK ON THE SPOILERS THERE!"
"What?"
"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"
2016-02-09_00094.jpg

<s> CAN YOU FEEL MY POWER YET? CAN YOU? WAIT NO! NOOOOOOOOO!
*BOOM*
<r> Finally he's gone.

"You're next."
<r> We'll see about that, you scoundrel!
2016-02-09_00095.jpg
You know what, I CAN NEVER LOSE, I HAVE SWORDCHUCKS!
"Did you not already find that those are not the Swordchucks you have been looking for?"
"I'm still getting over it..."
<r> I've heard about those bloody Swordchuck things from Spazmatism. He's literally gone on about them for hours.
"BECAUSE THEY'RE COOL AND POWERFUL AND STUFF, THAT'S WHY!...I'll stop using these..."
2016-02-09_00098.jpg
<r> And now you get to see MY second form!
"OH MY GOD HE CAN STILL SHOOT LASERS!"
<r> Well actually I shoot lasers even faster now.
"Oh. Well that's pretty bad."
<r> For you.
2016-02-09_00099.jpg
"EXCEPT NO IT'S NOT 'CAUSE I CAN STILL SHOOT FASTER!"
2016-02-09_00100.jpg

<r> AGH NO, YOU SON OF A-
*BOOM*

I am victory! Now I have one less mechanical boss out there trying to kill me!
2016-02-09_00101.jpg
So, Souls of Sight? Fitting. I'll see what I can do with these.
2016-02-09_00103.jpg

Couldn't make much else of use to me, so I made a Fairy Bell. Maybe I can get it to grant me a wish, and after that, at least having a fairy follow me around will provide light.
"Actually, all it will be able to do is provide light. Contrary to popular belief, fairies do not grant wishes."
"Oh. Well, I have a light source that isn't torches or a mining helmet now."
2016-02-09_00104.jpg
Huh. So this is what fairies look like. Could use a better color.
Chapter 28: Construction Complete!
Capture 2016-02-13 22_25_42.png
I'M BAAAAAACK!
WHO'S READY FOR A TOUR OF MY NEW BASE?
Capture 2016-02-13 22_20_59.png

So, before everything else, I'm going to give a quick tour of my finished base. First off, here's my house. Probably has the fewest changes out of everything here, but I did make some improvements to the roof, improved my alchemy area a bit, and I made a little space to store the dart trap I've been using up until now to scan an area for traps (I probably have good enough defense that I don't need that anymore), as well as the Chain Guillotines that I had hoped were Swordchucks.
Capture 2016-02-13 22_22_05.png

Just below my house is this area that I'm currently using as a trophy room/mine enterance.
2016-02-13_00004.jpg
And just below that is where I would keep my demon alter. IF I STILL HAD ONE!
(He accidentally destroyed it in trying to build around it, to provide some clarification)
2016-02-13_00005.jpg
Here's what I've done with some of the other houses here. Not much again, just made them look a bit better.
2016-02-13_00006.jpg
Same sort of thing with these underground houses, and the bridges in this area.
2016-02-13_00007.jpg
And then here is an airship for the pirate captain.
"PRIVATEER, LAD!"
Capture 2016-02-13 22_24_06.png

Here's something I built for the Wizard. Finally he won't be in my house all day calling me Saitama.
"What was that Saitama?"
Exactly like that.
2016-02-13_00008.jpg

And then finally, almost no improvements to the Dryad's house, aside from a couple waterfalls down there below the...dirt mound...thing. Sorry, couldn't think of much to improve here.
"I do not require any further improvements to my house. I like it as it is."
Well anyways, now that I'm done building my base, it's about time for me to protect it a bit better. Specifically, from the corruption.
2016-02-15_00001.jpg

That's right, I got a Clentaminator finally. About time I got the money for one of these, this sunflower field can only hold off the corruption for so long. Now that I've gotten that out of the way though, I have one major goal:
BEAT SKELETRON PRIME!
Unfortunately it's just getting to be daytime, so I'll have to stall a little bit... hey Dryad, any ideas for what I can do in the meantime?
"You can gather life fruit from the jungle, if you would like to. If you eat it, it can increase your maximum health by 5."
"Sounds worthwhile. Hey, maybe I can bring back something like the Heart Crystal counter!"
2016-02-15_00003.jpg
First time I've been in the jungle since reaching hardmode, I think. First thing I get down here isn't something cool like the stuff I've been getting so far though, but instead a broken old yo-yo.
2016-02-15_00004.jpg
Hey, life fruit #1! So...I just have to eat this?

OH GOD WHY IT TASTES LIKE ASPARAGUS COMBINED WITH OLD SHOE LEATHER!
"Terribly sorry, I forgot to mention that the taste is...rather unpleasant."
"YOU DON'T SAY!? I THINK IT'S MAKING MY STOMACH BURN TOO."
"I believe that is a sign that it is working."
"HOW MANY OF THESE DO I NEED TO EAT?"
"At least 20."
"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"
2016-02-15_00005.jpg
Life fruit #2...yay...
2016-02-15_00006.jpg

Perfect, #3...
2016-02-15_00007.jpg
Woah, hello, what's this thing? Some kind of final boss related thing?
"HA!"
"Oh, so you know something about this, do you? Does this relate to the final boss at all?"
"YOU THINK I'D TELL YOU?"
"Dryad, does this have anything to do with the final boss?"
"It does not. This is the temple of the Golem, which is far from one of the most powerful monsters you will face. You will need to defeat Plantera before you can gain access to this temple, however."
"You take the fun out of everything, you know that?"
"I simply provide information when I am asked to and am capable of providing it. That is what a true guide is supposed to do, after all."
"..."
"You just got roasted by the most polite and respectful person I have ever met. Congratulations."
2016-02-21_00001.jpg
Ok, after spending a day in the jungle, the time has finally come to fight the last mechanical boss...

SKELETRON PRIME, I SUMMON THEE!

(Continued on page 6)

Last edited:
Chapter 20 up now, in a new post of its own!
Also, now I have a question for the rest of you: Who would you prefer to be One Life Man's guide, the Guide or the Dryad? We will still be hearing from whoever isn't chosen occasionally, they just won't be getting quite as much attention. Choose carefully, because whoever gets chosen is going to be the guide for the rest of the series!
One Life Man Guide and Dryad.png

Also, now I have a question for the rest of you: Who would you prefer to be One Life Man's guide, the Guide or the Dryad? We will still be hearing from whoever isn't chosen occasionally, they just won't be getting quite as much attention. Choose carefully, because whoever gets chosen is going to be the guide for the rest of the series!View attachment 96285

Argh, tough choice. Why can't we have BOTH of them as the guide!?

Also, now I have a question for the rest of you: Who would you prefer to be One Life Man's guide, the Guide or the Dryad? We will still be hearing from whoever isn't chosen occasionally, they just won't be getting quite as much attention. Choose carefully, because whoever gets chosen is going to be the guide for the rest of the series! *snip*
The guide, because, well...he's a guide I guess :)

I choose dryad. The guide is supposed to be worthless in hardmode, so he shouldn't get lots of attention here. Plus the dryad ia far more likeable.

Back
Top Bottom