Game Mechanics Option to lock characters to worlds.

ThePally

Terrarian
Just for making genuine runs possible to enforce/keep people from taking stuff from other worlds.

We have Hardcore characters, even though we could just choose to delete characters on death, so why not?

But you can just make a character and play exclusively in a world if you want to play a pure run?

Why does this needs to be a seperate option?

Why are hardcore characters an option?
The awareness of having one life at the start grants an more intensive experience than having the choice to continue after death afterwards.
And players can 'prove' that way that they've done a playthrough without dying.

I don't find character+world binding not really interesting as I already consider it the default way to play. And you wouldn't be able to allow your other characters to loot these worlds once they're done with it.

I don't see much wrong by having the option though.

The awareness of having one life at the start
I agree, but what about the awareness of having to work with just what you were given?

And players can 'prove' that way that they've done a playthrough without dying.
They cannot prove that they took no game-changing items from other worlds, though.

I played on a Server and I am kind of a thorough and intensive farmer and I always get "Did you bring this from another world?"

I agree, but what about the awareness of having to work with just what you were given?

They cannot prove that they took no game-changing items from other worlds, though.

I played on a Server and I am kind of a thorough and intensive farmer and I always get "Did you bring this from another world?"
But you can just bring an item from another charachter into that world. This doesn't prove anything.

If this is the thing that bugs you then just use / tell the host to use tShock with Server-side character enabled.

Back
Top Bottom