Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Well, it needs work.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • That's a dumb idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iDuck

Golem
Hi guys! This is my first suggestion thread... Don't hate! ;)

index.php

Empty Dye Bottle

Material
"Used in making dyes."
Crafting Recipe:
Glass.png
Glass
Crafted at
Work_Bench.png

This bottle makes regular dyes. Example:

Red_Dye.png

Red Dye
Material
Crafting Recipe:
Red_Husk.png
Red Husk
index.php
Empty Dye Bottle
Crafted at
Dye_Vat.png

The bottle is intended for only special dyes.

Tn99Sjo.png

Special Dye Bottle
Material
"Used in making special dyes."
Gold_Coin.png
Gold Coin (3)
Sold by
Dye_Trader.png

Hair dyes can be converted this way.

Speed dye.png

Speed Dye
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
Speed Hair Dye
Tn99Sjo.png
Special Dye Bottle
Crafted at
Dye_Vat.png

Credit to @Everybody for that part! See his thread.

The gradient dyes:

zPZzLo4.png

Flame Dye
Crafting Recipe:
Red_Husk.png
Red Husk
Orange_Bloodroot.png
Orange Bloodroot
Yellow_Marigold.png
Yellow Marigold
Tn99Sjo.png
Special Dye Bottle
Crafted at
Dye_Vat.png

But the combo dyes stay the same.

Time for the actual meat of the suggestion!

qVVVx5U.png

Copper Dye
Crafting Recipe:
Copper_Ore.png
Copper Ore (3)
Tn99Sjo.png
Special Dye Bottle
Crafted at
Dye_Vat.png

With this equipped over Tin armor, it looks like this.

GrmBqEH.png

So yeah. The recipe is the same for all ores, and applies the characteristics of each ore. Like if you had a Paladin's shield, and you wanted it to look like it was made of Adamantite, you would just apply Adamantite dye, and it would be red with white highlights.

Thanks for reading! How could I improve this suggestion? Say below in the comments.

Last edited:
An extra step to create dyes? No thanks.

A brown dye would be welcome, but I'd rather see some cocoa beans or something for this.
Ores don't need to be turned into dye, because most of the colours already exist anyway.

Support!

This is actually very good being your first suggestion thread!

But how would you do it at both the dye vat and a furnace?
Maybe at the furnace you make the ore into molten ore, and then go to the dye vat to make the dye...

Support. This is a great idea, I actually (being serious)always wanted ore dyes, and this is it's true form! For your first suggestion, it's great, so you will make even better ones in the future.
EDIT: Just no empty glass bottle.

Last edited:
Nice job. I don't exactly like that you have to make bottles for dye, but that's mostly because I don't use glass much. I really like the idea of ore dye though.
Seal of Approval.png

Ore dyes? so i can make my titanium armor look like adamantite?
TOTAL SUPPORT MAN, because i love the color of adamantite and the shape of titanium, combining them would be great :naughty:

Sounds interesting. Not really liking the bottle part, seems a bit unnecessary. We could just use regular bottles for ore dyes, dyes aren't exactly meant to be easy to come by. Or make the bottles for ore dye sold by the dye trader.

Thanks! :D
An extra step to create dyes? No thanks.

A brown dye would be welcome, but I'd rather see some cocoa beans or something for this.
Ores don't need to be turned into dye, because most of the colours already exist anyway.
Yeah, I would like a brown dye. But when I tried to make the paladin's shield look like it was adamantite, the red and silver dye made it white and red, I guess they could just switch it?
Support!

This is actually very good being your first suggestion thread!

But how would you do it at both the dye vat and a furnace?
Maybe at the furnace you make the ore into molten ore, and then go to the dye vat to make the dye...
Well, I was thinking the furnace melts it in a way, and then it goes into the bottle? Hmm...
Support. This is a great idea, I actually (being serious)always wanted ore dyes, and this is it's true form! For your first suggestion, it's great, so you will make even better ones in the future.
EDIT: Just no empty glass bottle.
Nice job. I don't exactly like that you have to make bottles for dye, but that's mostly because I don't use glass much. I really like the idea of ore dye though.
View attachment 20669
I can support this! With or without the Dye Bottle part I still like it!

Now we just need Hallowed Ore for this...
A Hallowed Ore Silver armor would be sweet!
Ore dyes? so i can make my titanium armor look like adamantite?
TOTAL SUPPORT MAN, because i love the color of adamantite and the shape of titanium, combining them would be great :naughty:
Yeah! :D
Sounds interesting. Not really liking the bottle part, seems a bit unnecessary. We could just use regular bottles for ore dyes, dyes aren't exactly meant to be easy to come by. Or make the bottles for ore dye sold by the dye trader.
I like that! @Everybody had a suggestion like that.

Back
Top Bottom