tModLoader Path of Modifiers — Prefix/Suffix System for Items

I've got t1 "chance to not consume ammo" on my bow. 62% is way too much, I think 25-30% at max should be enough. Also, dunno if it was a bug or maybe I was extremely lucky (I don't believe in such luck though) but I shot 25 or 26 arrows without consuming any. And it happened again a minute later. I've tested it by shooting 100 arrows 2 times then and used less than 20 in first try and only 10 in second. I'm 100% sure I didn't pickup arrows during test and it was only ammo comsuption reduction mod on my gear.

Also wanted to note, in case it wasn't intended, but you seem to be able to roll the same modification twice on the same item. I was rolling a bow and received throwing damage for two of the modifications.

I haven't noticed it happen with any other modifications, but I might have only noticed that time.

There seems to be a bug where I can't reforge certain throwing weapons, some from vanilla, others from JoostMod and Calamity. This doesn't appear to be the case for any other type of weapon.

Hi.
I have problem with your mod.
Your idea with more preffixes/suffixes is great, and possibility to upgrade/change/delete preffixes/suffixes on Modifiers forge is good too, but there is one problem.
Modifiers forge's UI doesn't work. When I click RMB on Modifiers forge, it just opens the inventory, but doesn't open that Modifiers forge's UI. Maybe this UI conflicts with one of the added to Terraria mods. There is list of used mods:
HamstarHelpers, Rewards, CheatSheet, MaxStackPlus, WorldGenPreviewer, MaterialTraderNpc, infinity, Exodus, Fargowiltas, Pumpking, Luiafk, DNIWpnUpgr, QwertysRandomContent, Disarray, Shapeshifter, MoreWeaponsPack, ExtraGunGear, ElementalBoots, ElementsAwoken, FabusMod, PathOfModifiers, JoostMod, Loot, BetterBoneWelder, CrystiliumMod, Laugicality, MagicStorage, imkSushisMod, kRPG, SpiritMod, Tremor, VeinMiner, Antiaris, W1KModRedux, CalamityMod, AlchemistNPC, SacredTools, ThoriumMod, AutoTrash, RecipeBrowser.
I suspect that problem can be caught by kRPG mod ( https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/kalciphozs-rpg-mod.63348/ ), because it changes vanilla UI, but as I played, other mods that call additional UI windows works fine.
Also maybe that your Modifiers forge's UI just appears outside the screen, so you need somehow make modifier's UI to appear in the center of the screen depending on the game resolution.

Hi.
I have problem with your mod.
Your idea with more preffixes/suffixes is great, and possibility to upgrade/change/delete preffixes/suffixes on Modifiers forge is good too, but there is one problem.
Modifiers forge's UI doesn't work. When I click RMB on Modifiers forge, it just opens the inventory, but doesn't open that Modifiers forge's UI. Maybe this UI conflicts with one of the added to Terraria mods. There is list of used mods:
HamstarHelpers, Rewards, CheatSheet, MaxStackPlus, WorldGenPreviewer, MaterialTraderNpc, infinity, Exodus, Fargowiltas, Pumpking, Luiafk, DNIWpnUpgr, QwertysRandomContent, Disarray, Shapeshifter, MoreWeaponsPack, ExtraGunGear, ElementalBoots, ElementsAwoken, FabusMod, PathOfModifiers, JoostMod, Loot, BetterBoneWelder, CrystiliumMod, Laugicality, MagicStorage, imkSushisMod, kRPG, SpiritMod, Tremor, VeinMiner, Antiaris, W1KModRedux, CalamityMod, AlchemistNPC, SacredTools, ThoriumMod, AutoTrash, RecipeBrowser.
I suspect that problem can be caught by kRPG mod ( https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/kalciphozs-rpg-mod.63348/ ), because it changes vanilla UI, but as I played, other mods that call additional UI windows works fine.
Also maybe that your Modifiers forge's UI just appears outside the screen, so you need somehow make modifier's UI to appear in the center of the screen depending on the game resolution.
Its because of kRPG. It modifies vanilla inventory UI & doesn't work with some mods. At least, I think so.

I actually think the problem is located elsewhere. There is trouble with rerolling throwing weapons with using Even More Modifiers as well, which leads me to believe it is neither Modifier mod.

I will note that I am having issues with rerolling throwing weapons too and I am not using KRPG.

@Liburia its possible that the lifesteal effect is broken on Multiplayer. it seems to always roll 0% no matter what. on singleplayer i had several weapons with atleast 1% lifesteal though.

Its because of kRPG. It modifies vanilla inventory UI & doesn't work with some mods. At least, I think so.
Can you somehow fix it? Because as I said ealier, some other mods with self UI windows works fine. Maybe you shall write a specific coordinates for your UI windows, where it will be appear? Or try contact to kRPG's mod author, maybe he can say why your UI doesn't work and how to edit script to make it work.

Can you somehow fix it? Because as I said ealier, some other mods with self UI windows works fine. Maybe you shall write a specific coordinates for your UI windows, where it will be appear? Or try contact to kRPG's mod author, maybe he can say why your UI doesn't work and how to edit script to make it work.

Another modder stated that it had to do with stacking behavior related to throwing weapons and that they could not be reforged when using mods. I really couldn't tell you for certain myself though.

Hi!
Could you please add in an option (via config file or in-game command) that prevents lifesteal and manasteal from ever rolling ? not just reduce their roll chance or values. They're super broken, even 1% lifesteal in pre-hardmode means I cannot die, 1% manasteal is luiafk's Unlimited Mana but without penalty.
This is mainly due to how easy it is to deal over 100 damage with crits, even in the early game.

[EDIT] Also could you give some means of crafting modifier fragments en masse post-plantera ? maybe a recipe with ectoplasm ? it's just that you need so many of them to custom-roll your items later on.

I love the idea of the mod, it have huge potential, and playing around crafting stuff is a lot of fun, but in its current state it's a bit too cluttered for my taste. We really shouldn't see modifiers on items until we buy/craft them. It makes scrolling through stuff annoying.

Can you add an option to disable the blue modifiers ? Some of them are really OP, like radiates fire and immune to lava, control gravity...

It's a 'love at first sight mod' for me, but that's the only thing I would rather have it optional =)

Thanks!

What do people think about the divide of prefixes and suffixes in general? So far I don't like special-effect suffixes. I was thinking about spreading affixes around prefixes and suffixes on a different classification or just removing those two and leaving just affixes.

Also 0.5.1 is out and it fixes a damage bug with summon weapons and removes modifier counts from weapon names.

some of the modifiers give like 30 or 40% chance which is very overpowered.
Modifiers such as Confusion for example...also that modifier that gives the inferno ring around you i find that annoying since i dont want that around me forever

I was excited to find this mod - it reminded me of the good ol' days of Diablo 2. I like the idea of having prefixes and suffixes. Here's what I suggest:

Prefixes and Suffixes
  • Prefixes modify main item stats (damage, weapon speed, ...).
  • Suffixes add secondary supportive features (midas effect, ammo consumption, confusion, ...).
  • Suffixes become more intriguing if used MUCH less frequently than prefixes.
Rarity
  • Take the rarity out of the affix - the prefixes and suffixes should make it apparent what is common, rare, etc. (Even More Modifiers does this)
  • Rarity determines strength and types of modifiers. A legendary weapon should do more damage (be significantly faster, etc) than an uncommon one. A rare item shouldn't give a player gravity control - that should only be a legendary modifier.
  • Common items shouldn't have a modifier.
  • The root of rarity is rare. Uncommon items should not be as abundant as common items; rare items less abundant than uncommon, legendary the least common of all. If everything is special then nothing is (or at least a LOT less so).

Hey i got a problem here...
When i try to build the original source mod, game show me this:
upload_2018-11-11_16-22-31.png

(didn't edit the source...but i would like to)

Back
Top Bottom