PC 1.3.6 Backgrounds!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Safeman

Safeman Community Manager Staff Member Re-Logic

The dev team has been working hard on 1.3.6 and the artists shared some of the new backgrounds on Twitter recently, so I've put them all together for you here! You can click the image for a link to their original tweet and make sure to give them a follow ;)

divid.png
    A new look for the Mushroom Biome from @Crowno

mush136.png

divi.png
    Forest background by @Jimmarn

DlYmcji.png

divi.png
    And The Hallow by @Lazure

hal.png
    There isn't a release date yet but we are super excited to continue sharing bits and pieces of 1.3.6 while it comes together! Thanks :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Maikoli, SolaR, Aiflynn and 57 others like this.
  2. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ooh I love that mountain valley for the forest!

3. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

Oh my, this is getting better and better. Sure it's still a 1.3.6 and not a 1.4.0?
    Also, the next world I create will have a mushroom biome from coast to coast.

Edit: I also don't get why there are people complaining about the mountain background. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Edit2: I notice crystals on the surface in the Hallow screenshot. Will we occasionally find crystals on the surface?

TheeMan, Sigma90, Dg-vr and 6 others like this.
  4. Xiarno

Xiarno Terrarian

Look amazing !
    Can't wait to play the new update !

I am also starting to wonder.
    Because for the amount of spoiler that they give us, this is definitely a really big update.
    So much that it's shouldn't be 1.3.6, but 1.4...
    Maybe that they make us think that it is 1.3.6, but at the end, they are gonna come and say "Guy, 1.3.6 has been cancelled, we are not making it anymore... Here 1.4 to pardon us ;)".

That probably only the background change.
    If they were to put crystal on the surface, it would break the balance and become too op.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

Let's hope so! ;)

Xiarno likes this.
  6. Safeman

I know, it is so inviting. It kind of makes me want to be outside, but then I remember I want to be in the air conditioning and play video games lol

7. Baconfry

Baconfry Official Terrarian

Maybe they thought the mountains would look better with more contrast or a darker, cooler shade of grey? I think it's fine, but I can see the argument for this background being more subdued than people are used to.

The new mushroom background is beautiful. Currently the mushroom background is so dark that I can barely see anything except during the brief biome transition, so this is a very welcome change.

8. Gandalƒ 3

Gandalƒ 3 Steampunker

I love the forest background

Mechanical fish and Safeman like this.
  9. Sothopery

Sothopery Terrarian

Absolutely love the Mushroom Biome background and the Hallow background! I hope there will be even more added backgrounds soon!

Viashino and Safeman like this.
  10. Teseo911

Teseo911 Terrarian

This mountains in the forest background guys... So damn good!

11. Viashino

Viashino Terrarian

Love the mushroom biome... always thought that the current background was too dark.

Safeman likes this.
  12. darthmorf

darthmorf Party Girl

Another amazing job from some truly talented artists!

ShadowTiger and Safeman like this.
  13. AngelMiner12

AngelMiner12 Plantera

Can I be the fifteenth to say that the new forest background is utterly stunning?

Safeman likes this.
  14. AlexanderD

AlexanderD Terrarian

Glad to see the progress! This likely confirms mobile for 2019, not 2020. Great.

15. darthmorf

darthmorf Party Girl

This is about the PC 1.3.6 update, which is nothing to do with mobile, and is worked on by a separate team - as such they do not effect each other's development schedules :)

temery2383 and Safeman like this.
  16. Safeman

We haven't confirmed or announced a release date for mobile yet. This is PC content for the upcoming 1.3.6 update. But we will absolutely share when we have more details on when you can expect 1.3 for mobile :)

17. Kiddles

Kiddles The Destroyer

Lovin' it! Keep it up, Re-logic team!

That's almost what I'm wondering at this point. Considering how long this update has been in the works, and how much they've been adding and revising, not to mention all the stuff that's not even been revealed yet, this is starting to feel more like a major update than a lesser one.

Gotcha! likes this.
  18. Xman101

Xman101 Cultist

These backgrounds... man, they are pretty. I especially love the shading detail on the Mushroom & Forest biome backgrounds.

Also, pastel Hallow trees, apparently. I love it. :pinky:

19. TUMM11

TUMM11 Plantera

Great job team, keep it up.

Safeman likes this.
  20. Veramos

Veramos Terrarian

Very beautiful!
    But how about new paid content?
    We really need new suits, weapons and bosses. Please!