(PC) Does the angler REALLY reward the items for the Fish Finder?

But if you thought the Cell Phone was good, get your Hands on a Lucky Trough! I find that one to be one of the most convenient items in the game.
You mean the Money Trough? If so, I agree. It's amazingly handy. It used to be the pig was less convenient than the safe, but with this item it's way more convenient. As a result, I've switched how I use the two, with the pig now serving as my main extra storage container, and the safe only used for carting around spare armor and other such things I only expect to pull out rarely.

Q.Q I ONLY NEED THE RADIO.

Spent the whole day fishing / farming moon lord.

What I want from ML = Star Wrath

What did I get? FOR THE SEVENTH TIME: Lunar Flare.

Jesus, I have a Meowmere, 7 Lunar Flares BUT NOTHING ELSE.

I'm really thinking 1.3 has RNG hatred towards me xD

Yeah... they are very hard to get.

It is just RNG though. Eventually they will drop. Can be very handy if you are a compulsive fisher...

I have literally everything needed to make a Cell Phone BUT the Sextant. And waiting a whole day and night for the next quest is getting tiring...

You know, its funny, before i saw this thread, the angler gave me like 3 weather radios, i was sad, but then after i saw this, i made 2 new worlds, and guess what i got from those worlds.

I think its just luck, and if it isnt, then maybe its a bug(?), the worlds i got them were corruption, and the one i was unlucky is crimson.

Hope it helps, keep trying.

I've got them in like, 15 quests? Without duplicates? I guess I'm lucky then.
I didn't do that, but you can create new small worlds to find angler and do the quest for him, all this to speed up the process of questing and getting your Cell Phone.

Yeah. The RNG always stood by my side in Terraria (fe. second kill Plantera got me The Axe, 60th Chaos Elemental gave me Rod of Discord etc.), while in Guild Wars 2 or any other MMORPG or Hearthstone (sucks) it spits at me.

Why do the devs have such a giant crush on unfavorable RNG odds, and massive grinding to get what you want?

I don't know if there's something wrong but every quest I do for the angler I get potions, bait and gold, no matter what, I think I got the fish costume when I did the 50th quest... I said it before and I say it again, the rewards for angler quest must be fixed!!

Why do the devs have such a giant crush on unfavorable RNG odds, and massive grinding to get what you want?

Not sure why, but I hate it. Always hated excessive RNG in games. Everything fishing-related is arbitrarily locked behind RNG. Let us at least buy bait, damnit. And give us more guaranteed stuff. Doing hundreds of quests for the Angler should give a little bit more than a few Fishing Potions and Apprentice Bait. Such BS.

Not sure why, but I hate it. Always hated excessive RNG in games. Everything fishing-related is arbitrarily locked behind RNG. Let us at least buy bait, damnit. And give us more guaranteed stuff. Doing hundreds of quests for the Angler should give a little bit more than a few Fishing Potions and Apprentice Bait. Such BS.

There are really easy bait farms you can do pre-HM

I am in pre-hardmode and only missing the weather radio for the cellphone. I got the golden rod, golden bug net, and all fishing accesories as well (with some duplicates). Damn am I lucky.

There are really easy bait farms you can do pre-HM

Could you perhaps name a few? HM farms are fine too. Do you have a link or simple explanation or something?

I am in pre-hardmode and only missing the weather radio for the cellphone. I got the golden rod, golden bug net, and all fishing accesories as well (with some duplicates). Damn am I lucky.

That's pretty damn lucky. I just beat Plantera, and I do fishing quests every day. Still haven't gotten that one fishing accessory needed for the PDA.

Could you perhaps name a few? HM farms are fine too. Do you have a link or simple explanation or something?

That's pretty damn lucky. I just beat Plantera, and I do fishing quests every day. Still haven't gotten that one fishing accessory needed for the PDA.

Well, i have one that you can make as soon as you get the golden bug net, and flower boots, you may need a staff of regrowth, but you can always buy seeds of normal grass from the dryad.

You make line of dirt and mud, the size is up to you, you need at least 1 jungle grass seed and flower boots to make the grass grow and cut it, getting more, once you place all, put 3 blocks above another layer of mud for mushroom.(you dont need the mushroom part but you need an extra layer to stop jungle trees from growing)

Now, if you want to or have teleporters, you can make ANOTHER layer of mushroom above the firs one to stop giant mushrooms from growing and have more, the problem would be to get the mushrooms you destroy, so, you place actuators on this layer, and with the same wire you put teleporters at each side of the bridge, this way everytime you go on the teleporters, you actuate the blocks of the higher mushroom layer(giant mushrooms grow there too, give me some time to show you a picture of my farm)

And you just run from teleporter to teleporter over and over using the golden bug net (the power of the golden bug net is that it can break grass without making damage, so you can pick up bait).

So there it is, from that farm you can get worms, grasshoppers (this 2 can also be golden), jungle grass seeds, a bait critter of the mushroom biome (i dont remember the name) and all 3 bugs of the jungle biome(bait, up to 40%, but rare, the more common is 15%)

If you feel like its too much work, or you are just starting with fishing, you can focus on pre-hm rewards by making new small worlds to do quest faster and on the way, collect worms by breaking rocks.

Well, i have one that you can make as soon as you get the golden bug net, and flower boots, you may need a staff of regrowth, but you can always buy seeds of normal grass from the dryad.

You make line of dirt and mud, the size is up to you, you need at least 1 jungle grass seed and flower boots to make the grass grow and cut it, getting more, once you place all, put 3 blocks above another layer of mud for mushroom.(you dont need the mushroom part but you need an extra layer to stop jungle trees from growing)

Now, if you want to or have teleporters, you can make ANOTHER layer of mushroom above the firs one to stop giant mushrooms from growing and have more, the problem would be to get the mushrooms you destroy, so, you place actuators on this layer, and with the same wire you put teleporters at each side of the bridge, this way everytime you go on the teleporters, you actuate the blocks of the higher mushroom layer(giant mushrooms grow there too, give me some time to show you a picture of my farm)

And you just run from teleporter to teleporter over and over using the golden bug net (the power of the golden bug net is that it can break grass without making damage, so you can pick up bait).

So there it is, from that farm you can get worms, grasshoppers (this 2 can also be golden), jungle grass seeds, a bait critter of the mushroom biome (i dont remember the name) and all 3 bugs of the jungle biome(bait, up to 40%, but rare, the more common is 15%)

If you feel like its too much work, or you are just starting with fishing, you can focus on pre-hm rewards by making new small worlds to do quest faster and on the way, collect worms by breaking rocks.

Alright, thanks for the tips. It just happens I found some Flower Boots yesterday. I'll be testing this out ASAP.

Almost a hundred quests for the angler. Multiples of the radio and handbook. No sextant yet. Can you guess which is the only item I'm missing from the cellphone?

That :red:ing sextant.:sigh:

Alright, thanks for the tips. It just happens I found some Flower Boots yesterday. I'll be testing this out ASAP.

Other farms, you need hallow seeds, or normal seeds, (30% bait if hallow, 25-35% if normal)

You place a spawn point for critters close to the NPCs that you have, or go make it somewhere else and use king/queen Statues to teleport the NPCs, the spawn blocks must be grass(hallow or normal) and 35-43 blocks below you (like others monster farms, i'll put some pictures)
You need a water candle, be on jungle biome, and on the surface, now here is how it works:
Jungle and water candle make the higher spawn rate you can have (make sure not to have sunflowers/peace(pink) candle around), and then the NPCs cancel monster spawning, making it only so critters spawn(this can help you get all of them).
Now(just on console, havent test PC) if you put water close, Ducks should spawn, but by some reason water jungle mobs too(even with walls).

If it rains, normal grass will make worms spawn even more(25% bait), and if you have stars you can make them into enchanted nightcrawlers (35%)

Hallow grass should spawn some flying bugs that give 30% bait power.

------
Picture 1: my farm(have beated mech, so no teleporters) making it below my base stops giant mushroom from growing.
ffASsjX.png

Picture 2: a simple enemie farm(this one is for the goblin, to make goblin army summon, gonna make a new one) this also works for rainbow slimes(you need to be on the hallow, and needs to be raining), you can make it so the spawn point is below the player instad of the side, and NPCs to spawn critters.
vM5TJzU.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom