Map-Survival Planetoids, revamped.

Berserker66

Terrarian
Revamped with:
  • tweaks in planetoids and loot system
  • added (semi-random) locked chests (along with keys)
  • added all new Terraria content up to 1.2.4.1 - just some things from crimson are missing.
Note: Terra is not updated with new content yet.
Download
Planetoids World Generator is part of Omnitool.

Alternatively, here a pack of 3 world files generated with version 17.2:
Download PreGen Pack

Old downloads available in the original thread on TO.

Mirror for PreGen Pack

Extra options the program allows:
  • Choose your starting conditions such as time and bloodmoon.
  • Choose world size.
  • Choose world mode; Planetoids, Terra or combined.
  • Extra modifiers:
    • Atlantis mode (everything is underwater)
    • Reduced chest contents for higher difficulty
    • Everything underground, no sun
    • Option to remove merchant from spawn
    • Mirror mode, intended for pvp (CTG)
Note: Square in the options means a square shaped world, the planetoids are still round.
Warning: Atlantis/Flooded version takes a long time to settle liquids.

I have found several sites that link directly to the downloads and not to this thread.
On these sites I usually also find people who have suggestions or problems, but try addressing the redistributing site instead of me. To avoid problems for users please do link to the thread and not the download. Thanks.

Information

Screenshot of the program:
recommended_settings.png

It should be possible to acquire all items in this world, if something is lacking please let me know.
At this point the Terra part is not updated for 1.2 Terraria content, so for a full playthrough I recommend just using Planetoids.

I recommend you play this map with a new character, but its up to you how you want to experience this world.

At the start you'll land somewhere similar to this:
starting_situation.png

I recommend digging down, there are some goodies in the first planetoid.

planetoids medium.png

For more information regarding the Terra mode:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terra-world-generator-discussion.57500/

Modding
In the Omnitool plugins/planetoids_lib folder is terradata.py.
This file can be opened with a text editor.
Database.txt (available here on GitHub) contains a list of tiles with their ID and a list of multitiles to help you.

terradata.py is readable by the generator.
Further instructions on changing terradata.py is inside the file as comments.
If you need more variables just let me know so I can include them in a future version.
Changing the code in plugins/plantoids.py is also possible.

Original idea is by Seibai for minecraft:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/83979-new-map-generator-planetoids-v175-now-up/

Source Code: https://github.com/Berserker66/omnitool

Last edited:
Ah wow, one month ago I was thinking to myself "Damn it, I loved planetoids, it sucks that he never got around to updating it to 1.2"
I tried to contact you on reddit, only to see that you hadn't connected to reddit in quite a while, so I didn't bother.
I am SO glad you're back! Thanks for your hard work! :")

No, you were on reddit a while back posting a project or something
By the way, Planetoids is bugged, when generating it runs into an error and doesn't create the map

There was a bug relating to Terra chests - as long as one does not include Terra, it works fine.
Hotfix is coming, 1-2 hours for writing up changelog and deploying update files.

Edit: update deployed

Last edited:
Alright, thanks.
Something I've noticed is that all of the secondary ores (Tin, tungsten, platinum, etc.) cannot be obtained ANYWHERE, not even in chests - This is problematic because while you can craft the same items for the most part (excluding staves, which require a specific metal), the sprites are completely different, so to my decor-crazy friend it was very annoying.
Due to there being no silt/slush, the extractinator is useless and we were forced to find tin in a non-planetoids map.
Also, will it be possible for there to be crimson-biome planets? And will there ever be a Lhizard planet for the Golem?

Last edited:
Well the golem should work, you get a altar to summon him. As for an actual temple beeing placed, I dont know.

And Crimson planets give wierd world corruption currently (as in world data failing, not ingame corruption)
May have to do with the fact that I'm still writing worlds in Terraria 1.1 format, which predates crimson.
Once/If I support Terraria 1.2 format for writing worlds, that should work though.

Wait so let me get this straight. This is revamped with all the 1.2.4.1 or 1.2 items right? If so then heck yes because I loved this way back when.

That would be correct.
*A beam of light shoots down around me and you can hear angels singing in the background* I have been enlightened (Btw this is so off topic but I don't believe in god I am just saying this because idk what else to say. I don't want to start a war about that so please don't comment on it :p.).

*A beam of light shoots down around me and you can hear angels singing in the background* I have been enlightened (Btw this is so off topic but I don't believe in god I am just saying this because idk what else to say. I don't want to start a war about that so please don't comment on it :p.).
Lol, I was also super happy when I found out it was coming out again. :3

Back
Top Bottom