NPCs & Enemies Plantera/Hardmode Jungle - Nerf Needed

OnTarasMind

Empress of Light
FINAL EDIT - Ignore this thread. I was super frustrated when I made this, and I managed to beat Plantera, so please, just ignore this thread, and if a moderator could, please lock and/or delete this thread.

Last edited:
i don't think plantera need's to be nerfed, still i already bea it twice even with no buffs.
and i only used the death sickle, the uzi and the shadowflame knifes (?)
and around 60-90 defense points frost and turtle armor.
and yes, the arena is essential for it, so you can try first to move some NPC's to reduce the spawnrate and defend a little (i move the dryad and the nurse)
Hope this helps and seriously, plantera don't need to be nerfed.

i don't think plantera need's to be nerfed, still i already bea it twice even with no buffs.
and i only used the death sickle, the uzi and the shadowflame knifes (?)
and around 60-90 defense points frost and turtle armor.
and yes, the arena is essential for it, so you can try first to move some NPC's to reduce the spawnrate and defend a little (i move the dryad and the nurse)
Hope this helps and seriously, plantera don't need to be nerfed.

Thanks, 'll try that out. I was a *little* frustrated when I typed this up, so please take a lot of what I said with a grain of salt.

Plantera doesn't need a nerf. She's already easy to beat, on normal and expert. All you need is a bit of room to maneuver in and you can take her down without even getting hit.
It isn't that hard to dig out a bit of jungle. Sure, the jungle critters will be annoying you while you're busy but it's just that: an annoyance.
Find an area where there's already a lot of room. Expand if necessary. Put down some platforms. 10 minutes of work, tops.

By the way, there are anti-water candles now, forgot their name. Made with pink gel I think. And there are calming potions.
Place a candle, use a potion, less mobs that annoy you.

I think I know what your problem is.

You're trying to build an arena, when the game already has a good arena generated from the start. The jungle.
You want to stick to fairly-wide open areas with lots of cover and twisty hallways.
You can poke Plantera when she is in the ground/mud, and can kite her around huge circles of mud to keep her in a state of unable to attack.
Although I've only tried Normal mode, this strategy MIGHT work for Expert. I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom