tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

People have been saying that this mod is broken but I've never had an issue with this mod. How is this mod exactly broken? I don't get it.

i know how to make the messages go away 1. download cheatsheet second download prefixes and make to noy click reload just shut down the game and open it back up
Oh my fricken' god THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THIS. OH MY GOD JUST LOVE THIS FRICKEN' PERSON!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found a reproducible band-aid fix for the dreaded "Kenneth Error"!

This has been tested with a myriad of different mods, and I've narrowed down the source of the problem. The only Mods that cause the glitch are mods that contain NPCs. Whether or not this glitch is still enacted by town NPCs only is unclear. The steps I have taken to fix the error must be re-enacted every time you reload your mods or load the game. Without further ado...

The Fix

Attempt a normal reload with the mods you wish to play with.

2. If there mods that you wish not to play for the moment, move them out of the .tmod folder entirely. Make sure that every mod you have in your .tmod folder is one that will be enabled by the end of this process.

3. Disable all mods and reload.

4. Enable all mods. Make sure you use the Enable All button and do not separately click to disable, as for some reason this causes occasional glitches. Make sure all of your mods are enabled.

5. Reload. Make absolutely sure that you do not click off of Terraria. It must remain front and center on your screen at all times. I have no idea why, but clicking off to view something else messes with the reload almost every time you attempt it.

6. Mash the WASD keys for good luck and hope.

7. Assuming the steps have been preformed correctly, the game will reload normally more than 85% of the time.

For those wondering, this has been tested with all following mods in a number of different combinations:
Thorium
Calamity
Prefixes for Enemies
Wing Slot
Crystilium
Spirit
Recipe Browser
Magic Storage
imkSushi's mod
Tremor Mod Remastered
Cheat Sheet
WMITF
And, last but not least, Boss Checklist.

If you have any further problems with the Kenneth error, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll try to troubleshoot with you.

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found a reproducible band-aid fix for the dreaded "Kenneth Error"!

This has been tested with a myriad of different mods, and I've narrowed down the source of the problem. The only Mods that cause the glitch are mods that contain NPCs. Whether or not this glitch is still enacted by town NPCs only is unclear. The steps I have taken to fix the error must be re-enacted every time you reload your mods or load the game. Without further ado...

The Fix

2. If there mods that you wish not to play for the moment, move them out of the .tmod folder entirely. Make sure that every mod you have in your .tmod folder is one that will be enabled by the end of this process.

4. Enable all mods. Make sure you use the Enable All button and do not separately click to disable, as for some reason this causes occasional glitches. Make sure all of your mods are enabled.

5. Reload. Make absolutely sure that you do not click off of Terraria. It must remain front and center on your screen at all times. I have no idea why, but clicking off to view something else messes with the reload almost every time you attempt it.

7. Assuming the steps have been preformed correctly, the game will reload normally more than 85% of the time.

For those wondering, this has been tested with all following mods in a number of different combinations:
Thorium
Calamity
Prefixes for Enemies
Wing Slot
Crystilium
Spirit
Recipe Browser
Magic Storage
imkSushi's mod
Tremor Mod Remastered
Cheat Sheet
WMITF

If you have any further problems with the Kenneth error, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll try to troubleshoot with you.

I still don't understand what the issue with the mod is. This mod has always worked fine for me; never have had any errors that have occurred because of this mod.

The Fix

Thorium
Calamity
Prefixes for Enemies
Wing Slot
Crystilium
Spirit
Recipe Browser
Magic Storage
imkSushi's mod
Tremor Mod Remastered
Cheat Sheet
WMITF

since I enabled prefixes on my separated big mods worlds (medium size worlds), I never have this "kenneth error" assuming it most be some mod that no one use (probably some rpg class mods or something else) or maybe due to the error "out of memory", people (including me) when modloader get updated for the "new code" cant play anymore with more than 30,40 mods enabled.

Could someone please upload it? i cant download this mod from anywhere.
The direct download gives me this error: "The mod 'EnemyMods' is currently not avaliable on the Mod Browser"
Thanks in advance.

To @Ayko and anyone else concerned, a download link is attached. I, too, receive the same error when attempting to redownload from the direct download link. Please note that the mod will probably be broken in the sense that it messes with the names of non-town NPCs. It's completely playable, just annoying.

http://ge.tt/6mKaKOm2
[doublepost=1504302943,1504302810][/doublepost]
I still don't understand what the issue with the mod is. This mod has always worked fine for me; never have had any errors that have occurred because of this mod.

@f4iTh, it is to my understanding that it is not Prefixes or any other specific mod itself that causes the Kenneth error, but rather the PRESENCE of the mod that does not contain NPCs in conjunction with mods that contain NPCS. I believe that something crosses when initializing these two types of mods that causes the error. Here are a few examples:

A. You enable just Thorium. The reloads always work smoothly, as there are only mods that contain NPCs.
B. You enable Thorium and Crystilium. The reloads almost always work smoothly, as there are only mods that contain NPCs.
C. You enable Prefixes. The reloads always work smoothly because there are only mods without NPCs.
D. You enable Prefixes and Wing Slot. The reloads always work smoothly because there are only mods without NPCs.
E. You enable Thorium and Prefixes. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.
F. You enable Thorium, Crystilium, Spirit, and Prefixes. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.
G. You enable Thorium, Prefixes, Wing Slot, and Magic Storage. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.

It is worthwhile to note that the error you receive when loading these mods does NOT crash the game, and instead leaves all NPC containing mods disabled- making it impossible to play with NPC containing mods until the error is fixed. You not receiving the error is likely due to not playing with NPC containing mods, however there are a select few who just don't get it at all for some reason. Hope this clears things up a bit.

To @Ayko and anyone else concerned, a download link is attached. I, too, receive the same error when attempting to redownload from the direct download link. Please note that the mod will probably be broken in the sense that it messes with the names of non-town NPCs. It's completely playable, just annoying.

http://ge.tt/6mKaKOm2
[doublepost=1504302943,1504302810][/doublepost]

@f4iTh, it is to my understanding that it is not Prefixes or any other specific mod itself that causes the Kenneth error, but rather the PRESENCE of the mod that does not contain NPCs in conjunction with mods that contain NPCS. I believe that something crosses when initializing these two types of mods that causes the error. Here are a few examples:

A. You enable just Thorium. The reloads always work smoothly, as there are only mods that contain NPCs.
B. You enable Thorium and Crystilium. The reloads almost always work smoothly, as there are only mods that contain NPCs.
C. You enable Prefixes. The reloads always work smoothly because there are only mods without NPCs.
D. You enable Prefixes and Wing Slot. The reloads always work smoothly because there are only mods without NPCs.
E. You enable Thorium and Prefixes. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.
F. You enable Thorium, Crystilium, Spirit, and Prefixes. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.
G. You enable Thorium, Prefixes, Wing Slot, and Magic Storage. The reloads almost always fail due to the Kenneth error.

It is worthwhile to note that the error you receive when loading these mods does NOT crash the game, and instead leaves all NPC containing mods disabled- making it impossible to play with NPC containing mods until the error is fixed. You not receiving the error is likely due to not playing with NPC containing mods, however there are a select few who just don't get it at all for some reason. Hope this clears things up a bit.

I had about 60 (± 3) mods in my playthrough; A whole bunch of Quality of Life mods with several big content adding mods such as Calamity, Thorium, Elements Awoken, and so on. I experienced no issues with that setup; Not a single crash, not a single error, nothing. The game worked fine from start to end; From the first boss all the way up to Supreme Calamitas.

Also, you just don't reload the mods after enabling them. You enable the mods you want and then close Terraria. This ensures that you'll get the cleanest possible reload of the mods as possible, as you've previously mentioned. That's the only step you'll need to follow, you won't really need to do the other steps you mentioned. I mean, that's the only thing I've done and I've yet to encounter a compatibility issue or a crash.

I had about 60 (± 3) mods in my playthrough; A whole bunch of Quality of Life mods with several big content adding mods such as Calamity, Thorium, Elements Awoken, and so on. I experienced no issues with that setup; Not a single crash, not a single error, nothing. The game worked fine from start to end; From the first boss all the way up to Supreme Calamitas.

Also, you just don't reload the mods after enabling them. You enable the mods you want and then close Terraria. This ensures that you'll get the cleanest possible reload of the mods as possible, as you've previously mentioned. That's the only step you'll need to follow, you won't really need to do the other steps you mentioned. I mean, that's the only thing I've done and I've yet to encounter a compatibility issue or a crash.

I have just attempted the steps you have listed on 5 separate occasions, each with different combinations of NPC and non-NPC mods. Each one, upon booting the game and getting midway through the initializing phase, was met with the error. I'd like to reiterate that there are some of the community- most, even- who are not affected by this error whatsoever, and I've yet to determine or even come close to narrowing down a cause for it beginning. However I must've completely blanked out to not think in the first place to enact a Terraria reboot to ensure a clean reload- thanks for that. I'm gonna mess around with rebooting to try to cut a few of the steps to the band-aid but it currently doesn't look too promising.

I have just attempted the steps you have listed on 5 separate occasions, each with different combinations of NPC and non-NPC mods. Each one, upon booting the game and getting midway through the initializing phase, was met with the error. I'd like to reiterate that there are some of the community- most, even- who are not affected by this error whatsoever, and I've yet to determine or even come close to narrowing down a cause for it beginning. However I must've completely blanked out to not think in the first place to enact a Terraria reboot to ensure a clean reload- thanks for that. I'm gonna mess around with rebooting to try to cut a few of the steps to the band-aid but it currently doesn't look too promising.

If you want me to help you with trying to narrow down the cause of the issue, please, do let me know. I'd be more than glad to assist you in trying to get rod of this Kenneth Error.

Well, I've found out something. I did disable all mods so I could try out the Kenneth Error. I did get it, not a surprise to be honest. However, I then switched back to my almost-70-mod list (with Prefixes For Enemies, willing to give the modlist if needed) and.. it works fine. No Kenneth Error, the mods load just fine which means that there must be a mod in my list which fixes the dreaded Kenneth Error. I haven't managed to figure out much after that but there's hope of us being able to fix this.

EDIT: Minor grammar fixes

Last edited:
Do i get the affixes (post-skeletron) if i have already beaten skeletron when downloading this mod?
as long as the mod is active/enabled enemies and bosses on the world, will have the prefixes on them (careful with mirrored prefix if youre a wizard or ranger).

Well, I've found out something. I did disable all mods so I could try out the Kenneth Error. I did get it, not a surprise to be honest. However, I then switched back to my almost-70-mod list (with Prefixes For Enemies, willing to give the modlist if needed) and.. it works fine. No Kenneth Error, the mods load just fine which means that there must be a mod in my list which fixes the dreaded Kenneth Error. I haven't managed to figure out much after that but there's hope of us being able to fix this.

EDIT: Minor grammar fixes

This is an incredible step forward, thank you!
When you have the time, would you mind listing off the mod set you're playing with? I've got a bit of spare time on my hands over the next few days so I might be able to isolate the Mod that's fixing the error. Once we find the particular mod, all we need to do is figure out WHY it fixes the error, and then use that information to create a sub-mod that functions purely as a band-aid for the fix.

(Obligatory post 1000 hype!!)

Back
Top Bottom