IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

(I assume the side is the one nearest the shop.)
(I wouldn't really know. You can assume that, but I'm thinking that if Vinessa and Burst are headed to the city from the south side, the convoy would stand at the city's west side. So, logically, probably?)

And some distance from the edge of the city where the convoy stopped, but still with a clear line of sight to the convoy, a small car would pull up and stop, before one person gets out of the driver's side door and heads inside of a building.
Vex notes the person, and then looks back at the trucks.
She gets out her walkie talkie.
<{That's enough people. I don't need that many scouts. Drive through the city and look for any place to claim as our base of operations.}>
<{And call me if you manage to find any sort of leader, understood? Over.}>

The trucks' rears fold back up, and start driving into the city.

"...so what's the plan?"
"You'd have known if you didn't fly off this morning."
"..come on, Vex."
"Yes, I'm aware of your tendency to act somewhat on impulse."
Vex then watches as the 25 shifters who dismounted, in all, walk/fly/crawl up to her and stand/hover at attention.

(Gtg now.)

(Ths west side is where the rail yard is from what I remember. And I've always thought of the store being on the east side, and I also assumed the convoy would be approaching from that direction as well.)
(I must've had the picture of the map flipped upside down in my head then.)
(I'm cool with assuming this.)

(I could be a bit mixed up myself, but I have always considered the railyard at least to be on the west side, and the store to be more east. Anyway...)

The person wouldn't be visible once inside the building, and the car is turned off.

(*Oof*)

Dark, after getting quite a few of the apples, starts tying up his scarf into a sort of bag, for use in one of those bags-on-a-stick.

Depending on how far the potion shop is from near the edge of Salreuna in question, they might or might not see the convoy stopping and parking just outside its border, near where the red armoured man stands.

The butterfly person dismounts the lead truck through a door on its side that opens into a staircase to the ground, before striding towards the armoured man.
"Carl."
"Yes, Vex?"
Vex stops, and telekinetically pulls Carl a few inches towards her.
"Don't ever leave our base of operations without telling any of the higher officers. Or me, that works too."
"...okay, okay. Sorry."
Vex then lets Carl go, before looking up at Salreuna's buildings to take it in herself.

Carl, meanwhile, looks over at the trucks, whose backs fold down to make larger ramps, from which several shifters of all sorts of shapes and sizes, such as anthropomorphic birds and insects, and dogs, dismount.

(Bonne nuit)
(Hi)

Dark starts looking around for a branch after he finishes tying up his scarf into an improvised bag.

...and somehow ends up running into Lya and Twilight.

"Now. You all know what to do."
"Go scatter in pairs now. Ri, with me."

The first 24 shifters head off into the city in pairs, scattering, while this 'Ri', a rather large cicada, crawls over to Vex and Carl.

"...so you're having a separate force survey the city?"
"You never know what things a bunch of shifters in trucks with a radar could miss."
"...divide and conquer then."
"That's correct."
"...alright then! Let's get... going, then."
"You're going to keep watch over the convoy, first of all. I have this person I have a distinct interest in."
"..."
"Alright."

Vex gestures for Ri to follow her, and then starts walking over to the building the person walked inside, as Ri follows her by flying.

Carl turns around and mounts his flame falcon as he summons it, taking off to go pursue the convoy.

Not sure how exactly to say that Rune is observing the convoy, but Rune is in some way observing the convoy.

Not sure how exactly to say that Rune is observing the convoy, but Rune is in some way observing the convoy.
The convoy just simply...drives by. Looks like it's headed in the direction of the city, all 10 trucks. They're decently long too. Who knows how many people can fit in there.

If they look up, they'd also notice Carl's flame falcon, following the convoy in the air.

Well, the car looks normal for the area, and the person is inside, so nothing out of the ordinary at the moment.
Ri: "...what's so interesting about this person, Vex?"
"Just a hunch of mine. Perhaps it's nothing, but it can't hurt to check."
Vex enters the building, looking around for the person.

Dark starts looking around for a branch after he finishes tying up his scarf into an improvised bag.

...and somehow ends up running into Lya and Twilight.
Who I'll just say have made it roughly to where Berry was heard.
Current situation: there's a Shaymin seemingly challenging an Absol.

Ri: "...what's so interesting about this person, Vex?"
"Just a hunch of mine. Perhaps it's nothing, but it can't hurt to check."
Vex enters the building, looking around for the person.
Well, as I was kind of assuming this is a residential area, then as would make sense, the door is locked.

Who I'll just say have made it roughly to where Berry was heard.
Current situation: there's a Shaymin seemingly challenging an Absol.
"...?"
Dark decides to not make his presence known just yet, but decides to take this opportunity to keep an eye on Twilight and Lya as he keeps looking around for a branch.
(D20: 10)
..he manages to find one, but it's a bit too far for him to go grab without attracting attention. So he just kinda... watches as silently as he can manage.

He would look around to see if he could spot something.
Nothing out of the ordinary, for now.

Though...the sound of hovering trucks can be vaguely heard in the distance...
"..."
<That sound...>

Vinessa looks at where she can hear the hovering trucks.

Well, as I was kind of assuming this is a residential area, then as would make sense, the door is locked.
Then Vex would try it once, and then shrug.
"..."
<...this isn't worth my time.>

Vex turns around. "Come on, Ri. Let's go after Carl."
Ri: "Yes ma'am."

Vex and Ri unfurl their wings and take off, going to follow Carl.

...who's currently just watching vigilantly over the convoy from above.

(*Skips about half the conversation stuff because it already happened then refuses to give context*)
"[...Fine then. If you really want to die that badly, then I guess I'll accept the challenge.]"
"[Scratch the part where I want to die because I'm not going to and I'm not even trying.]"

(*Skips about half the conversation stuff because it already happened then refuses to give context*)
"[...Fine then. If you really want to die that badly, then I guess I'll accept the challenge.]"
"[Scratch the part where I want to die because I'm not going to and I'm not even trying.]"
<...I swear that sounds like they're speaking their own language.>

``What's that?``
"Sounds like... some sort of hover vehicle."
"And last I checked, there wasn't anything of the sort."

<...>
<Maybe it's Daybreak...>

"...come on. Let's go check it out."

Vinessa follows the sound of the hover-trucks.

(Correct)
<I did not understand a single word of that.>
<...Hopefully this won't go too badly.>
Dark continues watching the two without a word.

The convoy is still on its way... as the 12 scout pairs survey the city, working on mapping it out on holo-journals and doing what they can to identify the purpose of some buildings are if it isn't immediately obvious from the sign or the fact that they're designed to look like a place of residence. Things like that.

Back
Top Bottom