tModLoader Recipe Browser

I've encountered a pretty gamebreaking bug with Recipe Browser. Occasionally when I close the browser window, I get locked out of issuing commands to my character. The world keeps moving but I can't move, use any items, or open/close the menu, though strangely enough I can still type in chat and scroll through my item bar.
I'm using Thorium, Fargo's, Item Checklist, and WingSlot, and Auto Trash.

EDIT: Dying does not restore control, but strangely enough I can still interact with NPCs.

Last edited:
I've encountered a pretty gamebreaking bug with Recipe Browser. Occasionally when I close the browser window, I get locked out of issuing commands to my character. The world keeps moving but I can't move, use any items, or open/close the menu, though strangely enough I can still type in chat and scroll through my item bar.
I'm using Thorium, Fargo's, Item Checklist, and WingSlot, and Auto Trash.

EDIT: Dying does not restore control, but strangely enough I can still interact with NPCs.
It's not unknown, but still pretty common. It happens to me all the time. I think it happens because we still have a "Typing cursor" active in one of the tabs, and after we close the entire Recipe Browser window it still thinks we're typing something. So all of our keyboard input goes into that window even though it's no longer active.

Try pressing the function keys (All of them. F1 through F12) to escape. See if F2 or F4 work for you. They got me out of the jam, but it's still pretty darn jarring.

I guess there's no way to close all typing prompts when the browser window gets closed? :-/

It's not unknown, but still pretty common. It happens to me all the time. I think it happens because we still have a "Typing cursor" active in one of the tabs, and after we close the entire Recipe Browser window it still thinks we're typing something. So all of our keyboard input goes into that window even though it's no longer active.

Try pressing the function keys (All of them. F1 through F12) to escape. See if F2 or F4 work for you. They got me out of the jam, but it's still pretty darn jarring.

I guess there's no way to close all typing prompts when the browser window gets closed? :-/
I pressed every key on my keyboard, to no avail. Interestingly, one time I was stuck with the inventory open, and I was able to get out of the inventory using the function keys, but my character was still stuck.
I wonder what would happen if I switched to my controller during a lockout. I'll try next time it happens and update this post.

So when I started terraria up again I got the message that an error occurred while adding recipes to the browser, I never downloaded any new mods and it was working before. I already tried reloading it and uninstalling and reinstalling it.
[doublepost=1524283068,1524282506][/doublepost]The error I get is this

Could not convert string 'Terraria 0' to dictionary key type 'RecipeBrowser.JSONItem'. Create a TypeConverter to convert from the string to the key type object. Path 'lootInfos.Terraria 0', line 25, position 20.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod)
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

Inner Exception:
Error converting value "Terraria 0" to type 'RecipeBrowser.JSONItem'. Path 'lootInfos.Terraria 0', line 25, position 20.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)

Inner Exception:
Could not cast or convert from System.String to RecipeBrowser.JSONItem.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)

So when I started terraria up again I got the message that an error occurred while adding recipes to the browser, I never downloaded any new mods and it was working before. I already tried reloading it and uninstalling and reinstalling it.
[doublepost=1524283068,1524282506][/doublepost]The error I get is this

Could not convert string 'Terraria 0' to dictionary key type 'RecipeBrowser.JSONItem'. Create a TypeConverter to convert from the string to the key type object. Path 'lootInfos.Terraria 0', line 25, position 20.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)

Inner Exception:
Error converting value "Terraria 0" to type 'RecipeBrowser.JSONItem'. Path 'lootInfos.Terraria 0', line 25, position 20.

Inner Exception:
Could not cast or convert from System.String to RecipeBrowser.JSONItem.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)
delete ":\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\LootCache.json"

hello i have the same problem that that1guydidit had but I already tried to delete LootCache.json but nothing changed my game still crash after adding recipes to the browser and I am on Mac

Recieving this error everytime I try to load.
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
at TerrariaTweaks.MyPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player)
at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
Also the link to this mod in your signature leads to cheat sheet. Was going to post that on your wall, but you said not to.

Recieving this error everytime I try to load.
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
at TerrariaTweaks.MyPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player)
at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
Also the link to this mod in your signature leads to cheat sheet. Was going to post that on your wall, but you said not to.
TerrariaTweaks needs an update, I told them how to fix their code, not sure if they'll do it.

Hi one question is there a way to lower the scroll action per scroll of the scroll wheel, because everytime I try and use the tile checked feature it will either go all the way to the bottom of the list or just go all the way back to the top the list missing a bunch of crafting tables and the such for me to click on and check out. I have tried resizing the window but still so much is missed. Am I dong something wrong?

After a month of not playing, I finally got the lockout bug again. This time I tested the controller to see if that can help at all, but it doesn't.

could it be that this mod uses a lot of RAM if you have other mods(i have 16 RAM and yet i got the not enough RAM message with no other programs than terraria and steam running.have some quite big mods)

How do I scroll "correctly" in the "tiles" interface? As soon as i begin to scroll down, it jumps to the button, and vice versa for scrolling up. Dragging, Page Up/Down and arrow buttons do nothing either.

How do I scroll "correctly" in the "tiles" interface? As soon as i begin to scroll down, it jumps to the button, and vice versa for scrolling up. Dragging, Page Up/Down and arrow buttons do nothing either.
I'll look into it. Still haven't experienced this myself so it is hard to debug.

I'll look into it. Still haven't experienced this myself so it is hard to debug.

I've experienced a similar bug in the mod browser and mods menus. Not sure if it's related, but sounds very similar. I've not had this problem in awhile and I believe it went away when I stopped using that shader library mod.

Back
Top Bottom