[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure on what was in it, I wasn't playing Avalon when Nil came out, I could ask Blah about it after school and get back to if you want.
Nil mode was basically shm x 10. The turtles in hell would drop spiked shells which were used to make new armors with the new ore made by the nil altars. Also all enemies were buffed waaaaay too high.

i did spawn in a Nil Shrine after i beat oblivion, it seems that it required a powerful hammer of some sort to break it, as hitting it with any hammer in game causes me to lose half my health, what exactly did NIL mode have in it?
Nil mode was basically shm x 10. The turtles in hell would drop spiked shells which were used to make new armors with the new ore made by the nil altars. Also all enemies were buffed waaaaay too high.
Well, I guess that about sums it up. :p

Pls help me FAST !! We just defeated golem 3 times and i searched on web What are we supposed to do next (Playing exxo avalon) I found we need to defeat CATARYST so i took all things and ge to the altar , nothing craftable here , so i took a look at guide and nothing no recipe for All-seing eye so pls can you help me ??
Thx

Pls help me FAST !! We just defeated golem 3 times and i searched on web What are we supposed to do next (Playing exxo avalon) I found we need to defeat CATARYST so i took all things and ge to the altar , nothing craftable here , so i took a look at guide and nothing no recipe for All-seing eye so pls can you help me ??
Thx
You looked on the Wikia, didn't you? That's still not sorted out for Exxo. Cataryst was removed from Avalon when Exxo came out. Cataryst is in the original 1.1.2 version. I'd recommend getting all end HM armour and gear and then you fight Armageddon Slime. :p

P.S. Just take at least 1 block of the (alt) corruption in your world and throw it at the guide, pin him on the ground if you have to. But he'll tell you the rest after you make him cough up that recipe. :p

You looked on the Wikia, didn't you? That's still not sorted out for Exxo. Cataryst was removed from Avalon when Exxo came out. Cataryst is in the original 1.1.2 version. I'd recommend getting all end HM armour and gear and then you fight Armageddon Slime. :p

P.S. Just take at least 1 block of the (alt) corruption in your world and throw it at the guide, pin him on the ground if you have to. But he'll tell you the rest after you make him cough up that recipe. :p

cough cough removed Cataryst devil boss cough cough

This is part one of a four part suggestion.

Clarification: Formating is a bit off, sorry for that. I'm working on fixing it, if I can.

Part One, New NPC. Agent of the Void.

The ancient battle of light and dark exists throughout the universe. Associations of these two have long been made, between order and chaos, to life and death. However, in this realm of Terraria, the battle rages on.

In trying to destroy each other, the forces of light and dark summoned bodies from space long ago. The invaders, instead of assisting them, tried to take the planet for their God. Only through the combined forces of the biomes were the Martians repelled, and the battle went back to was. The lunar and the solar people, made a pact once and for all, to seal away the stars and keep the forces of light and dark from summoning greater power.

But, in the end, the lunar people went mad. The lord of the moon, the lunar surface itself called out to them, as they butchered the solar people they had long since been allies with. In doing so, they attempt to summon their master, with little result.

Until you. You cut down the lunar people in a desire for power. Destroyed their mad leader. In doing so, the celestial pillars invaded the lands once again, and the forces of light and dark attempted to repel them. However, their force was weak due to eons of fighting amongst themselves. Only the hero was able to defeat all four celestial towers of old.

You broke the seal. In doing so, your actions have consequences. By cutting down the moon lord, you opened your doors to the monsters of the stars, a beacon of welcoming to the evils that stir in the darkness. However, this beacon was a light in a void. A dark oblivion empty of galaxies. It is here that the ancient beings of the darkness stir, feeding off of the dark energy there for eons. These beings… no, Gods, are after you. Your power rivals them, and the beacon of hope you have created, wil attract nothing but darkness.

Be prepared Terrarian. War will come.

-Volume One of the Celestial Record

So, in opening your doors to the ancient evils of space, you have literally invited aliens to visit your world, all feasting on the cold blackness of space. Superhardmode is no longer that, but instead Galactic Mode, a mode in which is designed to be harder than ever before, but filled with discovery and treasure.

Part One: Early Galactic Mode:

The stars being open is not all bad in most cases. Your power can attract some pretty amazing beings from the stars, some even willing to help you. And that's where the new NPC comes in.

Known by few, but feared by many, is a powerful merchant known only by his title, "Agent of the Void". Some say his various wares are powerful tools, while others say he is a corrupt madman. Nobody knows his story. But what is known, is this merchant of the stars will come and visit every couple of days, bringing with him exotic wares from beyond the void that the world of terra is now in…

This is a powerful merchant who exchanges his wares for a different currency than simple coins. Coins have no value to him, as there are many currencies in the universe. Instead, he will want raw resources and supplies so he can refuel. But he will trade his own currency in return, Stellar Coins. Used to buy all of his wares, he gives these out after completing a quest for him, which he will give each time he comes. If the quest is not completed by the time he leaves, you will not gain any rewards, similar to if you fail to turn in the anglers quests on time.

Each quest yields these coins. Since he comes every 4 days, he will give out 10-15 coins per quest, but he will not give out more quests till his next visit, in which his stock will have changed.

Heres what he may possibly want. Each item can be in a quest, so stocking up on materials and valuable items is something you may want to do.

-Pre-Hardmode Ores/Bars (Gold, Lead, Ect.)
-Hardmode Ores/Bars (Cobalt, Mythril, Ect.)
-Various Potions
-Alchemy Plants (Blinkroot, Moonglow, Ect.)
-Hardmode Souls (Night, Light, Ect.)
-Celestial Fragments (Only needing around 15 for the highest item you can buy)
-Luminite Ore/Bars (Little amounts. Around 20-30 ore, 10-15 bars per quest)
-Material Fish (Bass, Red Snapper, Ect.)
-Gel
-Wood (Mahogany, Pearl, Ect.)
-Drops from Monsters in the Biomes:
This Includes:
-Turtle Shells
-Pixie Dust
-Rotten Chunks
-Vertebrae
-Stingers
-Bones
(And any others. These were the ones I went for. They are in amounts based off of rarity, Rotten Chunks and Vertebrae being the highest in amount needed, but turtle shells exponentially lower than the former two.)

This merchant is cloaked in a dark cloth, seemingly sparking a teal shade, similar to the accent color on Luminite bars and ore. He is enshrouded in a hood similar in stance to the nebula hood, and his eyes are the same color on his clothing. He is hunched over however, similar to the tax collector, almost as if he is burdened by carrying something.

He will appear for a whole Day/Night cycle every four Terraria days, similar to the traveling merchant, but can be assigned to a temporary home, similar to the Santa Claus NPC.

His wares are a WIP. Tell me what you think.
Even the most experienced cryptarchs cannot decipher the strange codes the merchant brings. His communication is limited through trade however, and we can learn a lot from what he sells. Previous buyers participated in an investigation on what they bought, what it did, and how much it was. Here are the results of the survey:

Bottomless Lava Bucket

-Exactly what it sounds like.
-"Is it bottomless? Or just very full?"
-Does what the bottomless water bucket does, only sold by the Agent of the Void.
-Costs 20 Stellar Coins

Hot Absorbant Sponge

-Able to absorb infinite amounts of lava.
-"Don't drain hell."
-Varient of the Absorbant Sponge obtained by angler quests, but is instead sold by the Agent of the Void.
-Costs 20 Stellar Coins

Stellar Fragment

-"The power of the Stars within your palm."
-Five can be combined at an Ancient Manipulator for a
Stellar Charm, which can increase your maximum health by 25, and maximum mana by 20, but can only be used once. A maximum of 4 stellar charms can be used per character.
-In addition, after using all 4, you are eligible to new invasions found in Galactic mode, which will randomly have a chance to spawn at the start of a new night.
-Costs 40 Stellar Coins

Dehydrated Meal

-Provides the "Well Fed" Buff for one hour
-An upgrade to the Pumpkin Pie (Pie provides 45 Minutes of Well Fed)
-"Why does it say 'NASA'?"
-Costs 2 Lunar Coins

Bottomless Honey Bucket

-Acts like the Bottomless Water, and Lava variations
-"A Planet full of bees?"
-Can only be drained by regular buckets or the Sweet Absorbant Sponge
-Costs 20 Stellar Coins

Sweet Absorbant Sponge

-Acts like the Absorbant Water, and Lava Variations
"Where does it all go?"
-Costs 20 Stellar Coins

Miniature Rocket

-Summons a spaceship that flys around you, like a zephyr fish
-"Made in China."
-Costs 15 Stellar Coins

Martian Foundry

-Used for crafting items above Lunar tier (Specified later)
-"This is how Saucers are made."
-Costs 35 Stellar Coins

Spacesuit Vanity

-A spacesuit vanity set
-Comes in a set, like dynasty wood from the traveling merchant
-"American Approved."
-Looks like the spacesuits worn by astronauts who first walked on the moon
-Each vanity piece costs 5 Stellar Coins

Signal Beacon

-Summons the Martain Invasion. Consumable, only one time use.
-"0101010110101100110"
-Looks like a miniature sattilite dish atop of a small pole.
-Costs 15 Stellar Coins

Cloud Seeder

-Summons a rainstorm by seeding the clouds
-"Splish, Splash!"
-Looks like a cloud on a stick
-Costs 10 Stellar Coins

Flag

-A place able block, similar to a banner, but it is 3x4 tiles
-"Pride of the Terrarians."
-Main color of the flag is blue, with a Terrarian tree in the middle.
-Hangs from the ceiling, and design is top down
-Costs 5 Stellar Coins

Martian Extractinator

-An upgrade to the Extractinator, has a chance of extracting double the amount of items. So instead of 2-4 gold ore, it would be 4-8. From one block of silt/slush
-Would also work with sand, including the pearl, ebon, and crim variants. Would give the same ores however.
-"The apittemy of ore collection."
-Costs 25 Stellar Coins

Interstellar Crate

-A crate able to drop late Hardmode bars as well as ores. This includes Lunar teir, but it is a very rare chance
-Chloropyte, Spectre, Shroomite, Luminite, as well as the Pillar Fragments are all drops that can come from this crate
-Has a 100% chance to drop one of the earlier bars mentioned. But the rarity is strange. You will get one of these things at least, but you are more likely to get chlorophyte than Luminite.
-It also has a chance to drop more than 3 of these things, but the chance goes down exponentially each time. (100% on first, 50% for a second item, 25% for a third, and so on.)
-"Fished from the great sea of the universe."
-Each crate costs 6 Stellar Coins

Reinforced Wood

-Like dynasty wood, it is wood plated in metal, with bolts visible
-Can only be bought, cannot be grown
-"Otherworldly Plant Life."
-Can be bought in sets of 25 for 1 Stellar Coin each stack.

Results of the Survey? We've learned that there is a lot more that we can learn in the stars, and this is just a fragment of what is out there.

That's it for Part One. I will go more in depth with various tiers, invasions, and the reworked boss, oblivion in a while. Suggestions like these take a while to make, and so does the backstory behind it all. It's all for a game I love though, so it is worth it. Tell me what you think, and feel free to share your opinion.

(And if you want to make sprites, feel free too. Just be aware I may critique them based off my original vision of the suggestion.)

Part two can be found here.

Last edited:
It literally took an hour to type (TCF key shortcuts please) so I am glad you like it.:)

Also, Part 2, Ores and Progression is in progress. It'll be done when it's done. Part 3 is the best for last, boss reworks and high tier gear.

Last edited:
It literally took an hour to type (TCF key shortcuts please) so I am glad you like it.:)

Also, Part 2, Ores and Progression is in progress. It'll be done when it's done. Part 3 is the best for last, boss reworks and high tier gear.

An hour? Wow! I think your post(s) deserves more likes than you think it should.

Yeah, I had to keep going back and forth from italics and bold to different font colors and such. Not to mention the formatting for the spoilers as well as the stats. It took a while, but good suggestions ALWAYS take a while.

Clarification: This is part two of a four part suggestion. The link to part one is here.

Authors Note: I see some inconsistancies with information, I'll be fixing that when I am at a keyboard.

Part Two: New Armor & Ores, Tiers after Luminite.

In the darkness of space, rare resources beyond our world can be found. The moon lord's weapons are but a taste of the power beyond our solar system. The Martians have an ability to fly beyond the boundaries of planets, but we have yet to find or invent such technology.

As such, we have to figure things out on our own. According to ancient text, the power of the stars is available in our world, but in small amounts. But cryptarchs have ciphered a way to increase these deposits through certain processes. However, through experimentation and tests, these methods will indeed have consequences far beyond those heroes have experienced by defeating the simple Wall of Flesh.

-Volume Two of the Celestial Record

Throughout the game, progression is essential. Your mining ores, beating bosses, defeating enemies, and constantly growing stronger and stronger in the world. We never go beyond it though, and that is where Terraria has it's charm. To have so much, to change so much, in one simple, small world is charming in a way. So, us Terrarians will not travel the stars, but bring the stars to us.

After the Moon Lord's defeat, a message will pop up reading, "The dawn of a new era has begun!" This signals many events, but the most importantly, it signifies the dawn of Galactic Mode, the new name for Superhardmode.

The Dryad speaks of an ancient prophecy from the unity of the lunar and solar people. The legend tells of a hero that will bring about the dawn of a new age, an age of exploration, adventure, and prosperity. She speaks of this so called "Golden Age," in which the power of the stars themselves shall be wielded by the worthiest of all the heroes in the land. The one who beats the Moon Lord.

But, she tells us that this age will not be without hardship. For the hero may wield incredible power, but incredible monsters will show up to challenge their reign. And if the hero is defeated, the dark age shall commence. The hero must best these demons and gods, and show them all how powerful Terrarians truly are.

Wielding the ancient powers of light, dark, and space itself, the hero will have ascended. A new immortal, who shall best the most ancient darkness the world has ever known. The one whom resides in the void deep within space and time itself. Oblivion. The empty one.

But, without preparation, Oblivion will best the hero, the Terrarian, and the dark age will come. Instead, the hero must prepare, and use the new resources they have to their disposal, so they can defeat the final threat the universe has ever known.

So, the start of this of course is going to be something different than the run of the mill, "Go get ores", how hardmode turned out. Instead, you actually have to face old enemies, the Martians, for an item. This item is a 1/35 drop from ANY enemy in the Martian invasion, meaning that every 50 kills, like a banner, you get one.

Known as the Terraformer the item has the unique ability of calling down a chunk of the moon, similar to a meteorite but around 1.5x larger. This chunk of the moon has tons of Solarium ore, the next ore tier in Galactic Mode.

Adding this step may seem like more RNG, but I prefer facing old enemies for more powerful items than becoming more powerful via new enemies. New enemies will be introduced however, just not near the start of Galactic Mode.
Legends tell of the twin metals of light and dark, luminite, and solarium. Luminite, being the weaker of the two, is guarded by the lord of the moon, only obtainable through the means of it's guardian's defeat. Solarium, being the more powerful of the two, is forged deep within the sun, and is only made through immense heat.

It was through this immense heat long ago that luminite made it's way into solarium through the heat of the two planets of Terraria, and Mars, crashing together. This created the moon we have today, and it's immense guardian, the Moon Lord.

A message displays after you use the Terraformer, "The Essence of the Sun has returned to the world!" The meteorite of Solarium will spawn somewhere in the world, and it will spawn like meteorites do. However, using more Terraformers will not spawn more Solarium. It will instead spawn more ore tiers. It works similar to a demon altars triple smash mechanic, but instead is used on a consumable item. The large sphere of Solarium will not be made up of mostly solarium at all, but instead made up of mostly luminite, with some obsidian mixed in. Small pockets of Solarium will be found inside.

A new rarity is also needed, so I suggest Gold as a rarity for the next tier. Following tiers will be composed of the rarity colors of Dark Cyan, Deep Purple, and Hot Dark Magenta.

Solarium Ore/Star
-Tier after Luminite
-Used to craft Solarium Armor sets, tools, and weapons
-"Forged by the Solar People long ago."
-4 ores are needed to make 1 star
-Stars sell for 1 gold 20 silver, ore sells for 30 silver each

Solarium Armor
-Armor has defense that is less than the final tier armors, but has a higher raw stat increase for damage and movement speed
-Helmet is made of 18 Stars, Chestpiece from 32 Stars, and Greaves from 24 Stars
-Set bonus: "The power of the sun infuses you, your attacks now inflict the radiance debuff on enemies."
-Stat increases per piece:
-Helmet
-8 Defense
-Increases all damage types by 24%
-Increases your max number of minions by 3
-18% increased critical strike chance​
-Chestpiece
-12 Defense
-33% chance not to consume ammo
-Increases maximum mana by 60 and reduces mana usage by 20%​
-Greaves
-8 Defense
-Enemies are more likely to target you
-16% increased movement and melee speed
Solarium Tools
-All tools have mining power above those of the lunar tier, but are significantly slower and do less damage than the ones below them
-But, this is compensated with their increased range. +6 range on all Solarium Tools compensates for their low speed and low damage

Tool Stats:
-Pickaxe
-60 melee damage
-+6 range
-16 Use Time
-8 Tool Speed
-Gold Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 20 silver​
-Hamaxe
-40 melee damage
-6+ range
-32 Use Time
-10 Tool Speed
-Gold Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 20 silver
No Solarium Weapons will be added, as I see no use for them. The weapons from the Moon Lord will suffice until I introduce something other than ores.

I see this as a way to balance the Solarium set with the endgame, as it provides a glass cannon type approach for all classes, but doesn't have as useful of a set bonus, or that much defense. But in exchange, you gain increased raw stat bonuses instead.

Now onto the next ore set, crashing into the world after the second Terraformer is used. The Stellurinum Ore, or the power of the stars encased inside of an ore. This ore is better documented inside of the Celestial Record, better than I could explain it anyway:
Ancient Encryptions tell of something even more powerful than the sun, something exposed to many stars instead of just one. Named appropriately as Stellurinium Ore, few pockets of this ore have been found. Some say the ore travelled on gamma ray bursts of supernovae from distant stars. Some say that the ore itself has been through many supernovae, and in doing so, has become resistant to the blackness of space, and the light a supernova creates, making it extremely versatile and durable. Tests have been run, and the durability of the ore is truly impeccable. It's durability and conduit for magical energy is outmatched by any other metals or alloys we have created.

Practical applications of the ore have not been discovered, however, as we discover more, we are sure to be able to find some uses for it.

The ore falls to the ground of your world after you have used one Terraformer, and falls in a shape around 1.5x the size of a meteorite. However, it is not made up entirely of the ore, but instead made up of mostly luminite and obsidian, with pockets of Stellurinium inside. There is also a 10% chance of Solarium to replace a vein of Stellurinium inside of the newly fallen space rock.

Anyways, onto the bars, armor, and tools:

Stellurinium Ore/Bars
-Tier after Solarium
-Used in crafting Stellurinium Armor sets, tools, and weapons
-"A metal that has flown throughout the universe."
-5 ores are needed to make 1 bar
-Bars sell for 1 gold, 30 silver, ore sells for 40 silver
-(No sprite, feel free to work on it if you wish)

Stellurinium Armor
-Armor has more defense than Solarium and the lunar tier melee, but has less damage overall.
-Instead of increasing pure damage, the armor increases your crit chance and crit damage, making it an almost pure crit based armor set
-Headpiece is made of 20 bars, Breastplate from 32 bars, and Cuisses from 18 bars
-Set Bonus: The power of ancient stars embraces you, your enemies will take thorns damage, only being 2x more deadly."
Stat increases per piece:
-Headpiece
-26 Defense
-20% increased critical chance
-23% increased melee speed
-5% increased damage to all types​
-Breastplate
-35 Defense
-20% increased critical damage
-12% reduced mana usage
-+40 maximum mana​
-Cuisses
-21 Defense
-17% increased movement speed
-25% chance not to consume ammo
-Increases your max number of minions by 4
-5% increased mining speed
Stellurinium Tools
-All tools have mining power above Solarium, as well as increased speed, but not as fast as lunar tier yet
-Their range is compensated for their speed increase, +5 instead of 6 over the solarium tools.
Tool Stats:
-Pickaxe
-70 melee damage
-+5 range
-14 Use Time
-6 Tool Speed
-Dark Cyan Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 30 silver​
-Hamaxe
-50 melee damage
-+5 range
-29 Use Time
-8 Tool Speed
-Dark Cyan Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 20 silver
Now, I know what your asking, "KING Y U NO PUT WEAPONS?!" Well, the answer to that is simple, these tiers are progression tiers. Weapons are not needed for them as I have no crafting recipes for them currently, nor do I want to balance endgame weaponry with ore weaponry. I want the weapons from the Moon Lord to be used for a while into Galactic Mode, only getting an upgrade after a boss or an event. And I see the ores as a balancing mechanic, not every ore has to be better than the tier before it universally. So, I believe Solarium and Stellurinium are balanced in their own right with the current endgame tier, Luminite.

Now with powerful stellar bars at our disposal, we can make something better. The Celestial Record describes an ancient process in which interstellar ores are combined into one, more powerful alloy.
The solar and lunar cultists united earlier today, revealing their metallic armor secrets with everyone around. In a bond of their new friendship, they took specs of Stellurinium ore and fused it with the newly united Solarium and Luminite bars. What happened surprised everyone at the union ceremony. A glowing alloy of immense radiating power, unlike anything anyone had ever seen before.

After running experiments on the newly created alloy, the people were astounded. It's durability surpassed that of all of the ores combined. It's conductivity was that of graphene! It's channeling of magic was outmatched. And it's ability to be molded into armor and weapons was easy and doable. It was the ultimate alloy at the time. Known by all as the Galactic metal.

The ore is made by combining two of each ore, Stellurinium, Solarium, and Luminite at a Martian Foundry, creating three Galactic ores. This can be crafted into bars at an ancient manipulator.

Onto the bars, armor, tools, and weapons.

Galactic Ore/Bars
-Tier after Stellurinium
-Used in crafting Galactic Armor sets, tools, and weapons
-"The union of the universes Light and Dark."
-6 ores are needed to make one bar
-Bars sell for 1 gold, 40 silver, ores sell for 50 silver
-(Once again, no sprite. I would love to see some <3)

Galactic Armor
-Most powerful armor, a tier after the fragment infused Luminite
-The armor increases pure damage, crit, and provides tons of defense
-Headgear is made from 21 bars, Plate mail from 32 bars, and Leggings from 17 bars
-Defense is lower, as of the fact that you will be moving most of the time, not standing still
-Set Bonus, "Intergalactic power surges through you, increasing your movement speed. Your damage and critical damage will increase the faster you move."
Stat increases per piece:
-Headgear
-20 Defense
-15% increased critical chance and damage
-Increases your max number of minions by 5
-23% increased damage across all classes​
-Plate Mail
-30 Defense
-13% reduced mana usage
-+80 maximum mana
-24% increased melee speed​
-Leggings
-20 Defense
-18% increased movement speed
-33% chance not to consume ammo
-10% increased mining speed
Galactic Tools
-All tools have their mining power above fragment infused luminite tier, as well as higher speed
-In combining the ores however, the range was strangely messed with, so the range is only +4 instead of 5 or 6.
Tool Stats:
-Pickaxe
-85 melee damage
-+4 range
-10 Use Time
-4 Tool Speed
-Dark Purple Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 40 silver​
-Hamaxe
-65 melee damage
-+4 range
-26 Use Time
-6 Tool Speed
-Dark Purple Rarity
-Sells for 5 gold, 30 silver​

Now, the ending of the Galactic set, I would like to say, thanks for reading this far. Shows you have some dedication.

Next time, I shall be discussing in detail the stats of the galactic weaponry, the new reworked Oblivion boss and his drops, and the final armor set of the game. Part 4 will include new monsters in a new biome, invading from outer space itself; the reworked dark matter biome. Stay tuned folks!
Thats-all-folks-7172-400x250.jpg

(This one took 2 and a half hours, just so you know what kind of effort goes into suggestions.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom