[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of what? You mean modding the game? Cause if you do, you would be correct. I have not been a part of the Avalon team ever, so I have not modified the mod. I just wanted to share some ideas, and it has evolved into this. Currently I am working on the new enemies in areas of the biomes your class visited at the end of pre-hardmode. And I already have most of Oblivion's ideas floating through my head, so all I have to do is type them out onto a doc, put Xenforo code in, and I'll post. For now though, I'm not even halfway done. I would rather release a finished, tidy product than a product which has grammar errors, flawed, and hard to read. So that's why it is taking so much time.

Forgot to mention balancing. To balance an enemy, weapon, or even boss for that matter, requires me to compare stats from the game, to my suggestions and estimate accordingly, based on DPS, if it is balanced or not. Enemies and bosses are a pain, because of expert stats, but what is worse is weapons. Trying to make weapons balanced with enemies is difficult, especially when I don't have the ability to actually test them out in game. So I just have to compare stats and hope for the best.

And I am learning new things as I go along. Such as what AI types are, damage resistance, and defense, and how they contribute overall compared to weaponry. Now I understand why game balancing is so hard.
Yeah, you think balancing ideas are hard? Trust me and most other moders when I say this, actually coding them into the game and making sure they work properly is much harder. :p

Yeah, you think balancing ideas are hard? Trust me and most other moders when I say this, actually coding them into the game and making sure they work properly is much harder. :p

You know what's harder than that? Getting the stats first and foremost. I'm currently doing so, and let me tell you, copy and pasting these values is probably easier than actually making them, though testing them is probably harder than what you said.

You know what's harder than that? Getting the stats first and foremost. I'm currently doing so, and let me tell you, copy and pasting these values is probably easier than actually making them, though testing them is probably harder than what you said.
Hm, hey King, you got some great ideas, maybe you should start making a mod of your own? Well, once 1.3.1 is released, and a stable version of Prism is as well. Learn some C++ and you could do it. Then you will find out how much harder it is than it seems, trust me, had to test an item about 6 times before I got the projectile speed right. :sigh:

Hm, hey King, you got some great ideas, maybe you should start making a mod of your own? Well, once 1.3.1 is released, and a stable version of Prism is as well. Learn some C++ and you could do it. Then you will find out how much harder it is than it seems, trust me, had to test an item about 6 times before I got the projectile speed right. :sigh:

Or I could just source mod... which has more capability in the long run and I don't have to rely on a modding API. But for now, I'm going to stick with this.

Or I could just source mod... which has more capability in the long run and I don't have to rely on a modding API. But for now, I'm going to stick with this.
Two things, source moding is much more difficult, BUT can be a LOT more rewarding, I'd say if you were to mod, start with C++ that's the code I use and it's pretty simple. :p

Item number 2, you reply really fast. @_@

Two things, source moding is much more difficult, BUT can be a LOT more rewarding, I'd say if you were to mod, start with C++ that's the code I use and it's pretty simple. :p

Item number 2, you reply really fast. @_@

I type fast too. And source modding may be hard, but it is rewarding of course. Why rely on a modding API to update when you can just code one in yourself specifically for your mod.

I type fast too. And source modding may be hard, but it is rewarding of course. Why rely on a modding API to update when you can just code one in yourself specifically for your mod.
That is true, but thing is, if someone wants to play that mod with another mod included they can't. Say if I was coding Ascendence (I know "a", supposed to be spelt with an e in this) as a source mod, and someone wanted an Accessories+ mod with it, they couldn't.

Also, did I just say the name of my mod in the Avalon thread.... @blahblahbal @Bullseye55, Please don't kill me. :p

That is true, but thing is, if someone wants to play that mod with another mod included they can't. Say if I was coding Ascendence (I know "a", supposed to be spelt with an e in this) as a source mod, and someone wanted an Accessories+ mod with it, they couldn't.

Also, did I just say the name of my mod in the Avalon thread.... @blahblahbal @Bullseye55, Please don't kill me. :p

Or, you could just edit and say "my mod". :p

Can new oblivion type stuff in chat?... I LOVED THAT!
But it might be too hard to code or delay avalon 3.0
[DOUBLEPOST=1446107593,1446107353][/DOUBLEPOST]I dunno what i'll do when I have finished reading The Heroes Of Olympus because I'm nearly done I might be finished in a week's time but then what to do?

Can new oblivion type stuff in chat?... I LOVED THAT!
But it might be too hard to code or delay avalon 3.0
[DOUBLEPOST=1446107593,1446107353][/DOUBLEPOST]I dunno what i'll do when I have finished reading The Heroes Of Olympus because I'm nearly done I might be finished in a week's time but then what to do?
If you have money to buy it/ already have EU4 I'd play that, watch a few movies, just do what you want you know. Just find something fun to do.

Last edited:
I just got yesterday's armor set done, as well as 8 new enemies for the dungeon. Right now I will be working on hell, then the desert, then the jungle.

After I get all the pre-oblivion ultimate armor done, I will then do the dark matter, then oblivion himself, and drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom