[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you gonna wait until 1.3.1 to layout the plans on what to put in the mod or are you already planning that ?
To Bullseye55 and Blah .

I've mostly already planned what I want in the mod. It'll be similar to the 1.2.4.1 version, but of course with better AIs for the bosses and such :p.

Though... I do need to know everyone's opinion on this: Should I start out with having most of the 1.2.4.1 version's items/mobs/etc, or start out like I did with the 1.2.4.1 version? (Having a small number of items/mobs/etc)

I've mostly already planned what I want in the mod. It'll be similar to the 1.2.4.1 version, but of course with better AIs for the bosses and such :p.

Though... I do need to know everyone's opinion on this: Should I start out with having most of the 1.2.4.1 version's items/mobs/etc, or start out like I did with the 1.2.4.1 version? (Having a small number of items/mobs/etc)
well, it could be better to start with small number because it will have more stability because no rush to introduce item

That's pretty cool. As for the content, I feel starting out with a small amount of items/mobs/stuff would be recommended, as Notch said there wouldn't be as much of a rush, it could also mean for brand new items/mobs/stuff at the beginning. One thing I'd like to have returning is the Phantom Knives, they're really good. :) Also maybe more Yoyos with special effects... Maybe a Yoyo version of the Starwraith..... RIP world.

Small seems like the way to go, since while the other stuff is in development people will have a chance to find all the bugs in it, whereas if there's a ton of stuff dumped at once, things could get messy fast. Plus, in terms of development, slow and steady DEFINITELY wins the race, and porting all that stuff with whoknowshowmany changes to the source could be... frustrating xD Also1.1stuffwasbeststuffbutw/exD

I say you start out with what seems best to you. We all have lives and free time that needs to be preserved, so if you don't want to start out with all of the content, or you just can't, then don't. Put less stress on yourself, it's good for you.

Start small. As the others have said, we all have free time, there'd be no rush, more stability, and we could find bugs or something. Plus, it'd build tension for the next update, because if the mod has so little things, people are going to schedule a hype train, right? A lot of people love hype trains.

If you started big, there would be a rush because fans would yell at you for not releasing the mod or probably leave it because it isn't out. Like someone said, it'd be a big mess because there'd be all these bugs, there would have to be a lot of improvements, etc.

Credit to the people whose ideas I listed above.

I agree with everyone else with having a small amount of items at the start, plus we already have the 1.3 stuff to work with, rather then just dumping in all of that 1.2.4.1 stuff.

For some reason I'm with second one, because I want to see what new ideas can you put. Let along fusing them with the old ideas of course.:)

Unlike most people here, I prefer the 1st option. BUT, as they said, no need to rush, I prefer to wait longer to have more content than wait less to have less content. I don't think the bugs would be a big issue, because the game didn't change a lot of it's core mechanics. But that's just my opinion.

One suggestion, is that you do the small number of mobs and stuff and work on that, but also release a version with most of the 1.2.4.1 stuff copy and pasted into it (which would be buggy but have more content). That way you satisfy more people.

One suggestion, is that you do the small number of mobs and stuff and work on that, but also release a version with most of the 1.2.4.1 stuff copy and pasted into it (which would be buggy but have more content). That way you satisfy more people.

I feel like if a mod has loads of stuff from the previous version, it'll feel like just a copied sequel, and not some new and fresh mod.

More EVERYTHING, I know I sound like I'm demanding, the mod is beautiful right now but, I know you can do a lot more, also. Adding a racing helmet would be nice :3 .

Is it going 2 be tmodloader
[DOUBLEPOST=1448314119,1448313946][/DOUBLEPOST]i havz idea neez 2 wrk on it
noideatheredthumbsdontbotherme_72d0f5cbd169f400fb2d78d51fef274a.png

A joke boss. Hardest boss, almost impossible to defeat, reward is one copper coin and 10 dirt blocks. Optional, since it isn't required for progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom