/.........R.I.P. Melly the Winter Melon.........\
|......................................................|
|......Head got ripped off from Oblivion.......|
|........."Copper Shortswords are op"...........|
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

well, ive just thought of a possibly good joke-ish item:
The Eye's Initiation, consumable, Summons 10 Eye's of C'thulhu and the Twins.
requires 8 Suspicious looking eyes, 1 Mechanical eye, 10 Souls of light, 10 Souls of night, 5 Souls of blight.
since superhardmode makes even the early hardmode bosses much harder, this could be a good challenge to see if you're ready to attempt oblivion yet.

I'm just thinking of how hard expert is going to be. Anyway is 1.3 Avalon going to have a different name or still exxo avalon?

It better not be like Expert mode on Super Mario Maker. Believe me, it's just obnoxious annoying.

As for the name, I know it's bad, but Ultra Avalon.

An API makes it easier to make a mod, as standalone modifications are difficult to program and come with many challenges on their own. Such as unique AI types as well as new mechanics, which are difficult to include without modifying the main source code of Terraria, which is illegal in certain countries.

With an API, it is not only easier, but you don't run the risk of messing something up in the main game itself, plus with an API, you can also use multiple mods at once, and a source coded mod is hard wired to only be used by itself.

Correct me if I am wrong here as well, I know some but not all.

An API makes it easier to make a mod, as standalone modifications are difficult to program and come with many challenges on their own. Such as unique AI types as well as new mechanics, which are difficult to include without modifying the main source code of Terraria, which is illegal in certain countries.

With an API, it is not only easier, but you don't run the risk of messing something up in the main game itself, plus with an API, you can also use multiple mods at once, and a source coded mod is hard wired to only be used by itself.

This is actually true, so now you know why I'm waiting for a stable version of Prism. :p

Using Standalone allows edits to things that otherwise wouldnt be possible with APIs

Going with the API thing, if we have the new mod... we could have an awesome epic mod colab adventure, including our favorite mod, instead of having a standalone all by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom