tModLoader Risk of Slime Rain - Risk of Rain in Terraria

IF there isn't a discord you should add one ,you should create one since it can keep us up to date with spoilers or announcements

Is there a discord that could be joined for this mod? super exciting
IF there isn't a discord you should add one ,you should create one since it can keep us up to date with spoilers or announcements
This thread exists for that specific reason, to keep you updated. There is no need for a discord server about something that small. We are not Calamity.
If anything, I'd suggest you join the original RoR discord server. Support the game, try it out too.

can someone explain what the nullifier does? im scared of using it before i know what it does.
Its tooltip suggests that it doesn't do anything by itself. It simply enables you to remove items. Think of it like Demon Heart: Unlocks a new accessory slot, doesnt do anything good or bad by itself.

Amazing! Can't wait for this to be developed more, Had to find my old forum account just to comment but its deserved :) Please don't add NPC's or Biomes unless they are necessary otherwise it's just fluff.

As a massive fan of both terraria and risk of rain, this puts a huge smile on my face. I’m currently finding it a nice, small buff when playing without crafting, buuuut I’m pretty prone to wanting to overly break games. As such, I’m kinda disappointed to find that there’s a recommended cap that I can’t seem to change. Unless there’s already a way to change this, I’m gonna be waiting here.

As a massive fan of both terraria and risk of rain, this puts a huge smile on my face. I’m currently finding it a nice, small buff when playing without crafting, buuuut I’m pretty prone to wanting to overly break games. As such, I’m kinda disappointed to find that there’s a recommended cap that I can’t seem to change. Unless there’s already a way to change this, I’m gonna be waiting here.
The recommended cap is mostly there to prevent you from wasting items that won't have any more effect for you, such as Bleed chance going over 100% etc. There are few items that actually have a hard cap.

I’ve had some experience modding for a few years (since about morrowind) and for default Terraria, its a little OP, yes. But for things like Cataclysm death mode and some of the Thorium bosses, it doesn't help too much. It may be game changing if it drops from every boss fight as stated above. 15 of both brain and world eater, 2 drops. 50 eyes, 3 drops. Over 200 slime kings, 7 drops. Made it to plantera (started a new game to test this mod) and up until planter i got 3. I thought it moght be a bug and disables most of my mods to test it with the bosses when i kept respawning them. Also the only mod boss to drop any was Viscount from thorium that dropped my only banner ironically. What are the parameters to have it drop from a boss? Ive also never seen one on a basic/rare enemy so far. Is this possibly only an issue for me?

I’ve had some experience modding for a few years (since about morrowind) and for default Terraria, its a little OP, yes. But for things like Cataclysm death mode and some of the Thorium bosses, it doesn't help too much. It may be game changing if it drops from every boss fight as stated above. 15 of both brain and world eater, 2 drops. 50 eyes, 3 drops. Over 200 slime kings, 7 drops. Made it to plantera (started a new game to test this mod) and up until planter i got 3. I thought it moght be a bug and disables most of my mods to test it with the bosses when i kept respawning them. Also the only mod boss to drop any was Viscount from thorium that dropped my only banner ironically. What are the parameters to have it drop from a boss? Ive also never seen one on a basic/rare enemy so far. Is this possibly only an issue for me?

The mod description says: Get a nice headstart by defeating bosses: but the more items you get - the lower your chance to get a new one will be, effectively forcing you to craft them.
You can mouseover the "?" in the UI and itll tell you the current droprate from a boss.

Banners are dropped from all enemy kills via direct damage (not damage over time), they go towards a counter, visible when you mouseover the warbanner in the UI. It will also say "Kill countdown is disabled while an invasion is in progress" if there is one, meaning if there is an invasion/event/similar going on in your world (most likely acid rain from calamity), it won't count the kills, preventing abuse/farming from invasion mobs

The recommended cap is mostly there to prevent you from wasting items that won't have any more effect for you, such as Bleed chance going over 100% etc. There are few items that actually have a hard cap.
Hahah, hah, you’re telling me that a recommended cap on soldier’s syringe is to prevent me from using them when it won’t have much effect? Funny, I don’t recall soldier’s syringe ever getting much worse the more you get.

Hahah, hah, you’re telling me that a recommended cap on soldier’s syringe is to prevent me from using them when it won’t have much effect? Funny, I don’t recall soldier’s syringe ever getting much worse the more you get.
1) There is a cap to prevent going below use time of 2. Go lower - game crashes. 2) In the original it's capped at 13 or so IIRC. Yes, there is actually a cap. You can pick up more tho, it just won't do anything.

Hi, I've ran into a Multiplayer issue with your mod

Issue:
When having *Bustling Fungus*, and you grapple on a wall with nothing below you, it tries to deploy the fungus, unfortunately this soft locks your character, this literally stops you from doing anything, even attempting to remove fungus, which you can't

Temporary Fix:
Having another player place a block below you, this allows the fungus to appear thus, freeing you from being soft locked

P.S. I love the RoR series and this mod is pretty dope, Can't wait to seeing more content of this kind :)

Last edited:
New Update

Version 0.3.2 is out now

Added:
+ Completely new sprites - item sprites have been recreated with Terraria's style in mind! We hope you will enjoy these new looks for them.
+ Balance - balancing attempts were made! You can now try them yourself: check the configurations!
+ New config: Original Stats - turning this on will give the items the same effect as they had in the original game.​
+ New config: Difficulty Scaling - difficulty scales with items received now. Don't worry, it's temporary until we find a better way to scale it. Still - try it!​
+ Blacklists - Filter out undesired items on server side. Selected items will have no effect on players until deselected again. Useful for filtering items you deem problematic and don't want anyone to use (including yourself).

Changes:
  • Item acquisition has been redone:
    • Items generate in chests all over the world; they're more common below the surface. Some chests are guaranteed to have one item in them.
    • You are guaranteed one drop from each vanilla boss. Using "Boss Checklist" mod can help get more items.
    • Crafting the items is still a viable option to get the items.
  • Barbed Wire has received a 50% increase to its initial radius.
  • Warbanner: initial radius increased by 50%, max HP healed decreased by 50% (0.5% of max HP now, scaled down)
  • Meat Nugget: nuggets dropped 2 -> 1; healing doubled.
  • Most items have been nerfed or buffed to follow Terraria's power scaling. Unlike the changes above, the following changes apply to items EXCLUSIVELY for Original Stats turned off:
ItemOriginal StatsRoSR Stats
Bitter Root
8% bonus HP, caps at 300% bonus HP5% bonus HP, caps at 100% bonus HP
Bundle of Fireworks
900% damage700% damage
Bustling Fungus
2s charge-up time, 4.5% HP healed4s charge-up time, 2% HP healed
Crowbar
Bonus damage to enemies above 80% HP; +30% damage per stackBonus damage to enemies above 85% HP; +10% damage per stack
Fire Shield
Retaliates at 10% max HP damage received, 20 knockbackRetaliates at 20% max HP damage received, 10 knockback
Gasoline
4s duration, +40% damage per stack2s duration, +20% damage per stack
Hermit's Scarf
10% evade chance, +5% per stack, caps at 35%4% chance, +2%/stack, caps at 20%
Lens-Maker's Glasses
7% crit chance increase4% crit chance increase
Medkit
Heal after 1.1s, +10 HP healed per stackHeal after 2.5s, +5 HP healed per stack
Monster Tooth
Heals 10 HP, +5 HP healed per stackHeals 3 HP, +1 HP healed per stack
Mortar Tube
170% damage, +170% damage increase per stack120% damage, +120% damage increase per stack
Mysterious Vial
Regen rate: 1.2 HP/sRegen rate: 0.5 HP/s
Paul's Goat Hoof
15% movement speed increase, +5% per stack10% movement speed increase, +2% per stack
Rusty Knife
4x35% damage, 15% proc chance, +15% proc chance per stack4x30% damage, 10% proc chance, +5% proc chance per stack
Soldier's Syringe
15% use time decrease, +15% per stack10% use time decrease, +10% per stack
Sprouting Egg
7s charge-up time, regen rate: 2.4 HP/s10s charge-up time, regen rate: 1.5 HP/s
Sticky Bomb
140% damage, +40% damage per stack120% damage, +30% damage per stack
Fixes:
  • Warbanners no longer float in air forever if the block below them has been removed. Once the world is reloaded they'll drop on the closest ground block below.
  • Fixed Bustling Fungus and Warbanner spawning in multiplayer when not standing on ground.
  • Fixed Bustling Fungus soft-locking the character in multiplayer when unable to spawn the effect.
  • Fixed Hermit's Scarf spamming "dodged" text.
  • Fixed unintended behavior of some weapons bypassing enemies' invincibility frames, thus proccing effects with no delay.

Hello RoSR Devs
Code:
[10:30:36] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.OnHitNPC(Item item, Player player, NPC target, Int32 damage, Single knockBack, Boolean crit)
   at RiskOfSlimeRain.Core.ROREffects.Common.BarbedWireEffect.PostUpdateEquips(Player player) in RiskOfSlimeRain\Core\ROREffects\Common\BarbedWireEffect.cs:line 56
   at RiskOfSlimeRain.RORPlayer.<PostUpdateEquips>b__80_0(IPostUpdateEquips e) in RiskOfSlimeRain\RORPlayer.cs:line 354
   at RiskOfSlimeRain.Core.ROREffects.ROREffectManager.Perform[T](RORPlayer mPlayer, Action`1 action) in RiskOfSlimeRain\Core\ROREffects\ROREffectManager.cs:line 377
   at RiskOfSlimeRain.RORPlayer.PostUpdateEquips() in RiskOfSlimeRain\RORPlayer.cs:line 355
   at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PostUpdateEquips(Player player)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

This has been happening even before the update, seems like when mobs take the effect of Barbed Wire, your character gets softlock, to undo this, either the mob(s) die, or they move out of range

Attachments

• client.log
    44.6 KB · Views: 103
do you remember what item you were holding while you dealt damage to enemies?
EDIT: Ive managed to reproduce it. We will add a patch to fix it in the coming week

Last edited:
Hello! Is the effect of Bitter Root retroactive or should it be better consumed after getting 500 life points?
Like it says in the description, it's 8% (or 5% if you chose balance mode). Scales only with vanilla health (up to 500). But its effect applies at any HP amount

New Update

Version 0.3.3 is out now

Added:
+ Spicy Honey Donut
MagmaWormSummon.png

+ So spicy it might attract a friendly neighbour from below.​
+ Is definitely safe to consume and doing so will definitely have no consequences.​
+ New boss item: Burning Witness
BurningWitness.png

Fixes:
  • Barbed Wire and Headstompers no longer softlock players with no item held.
  • Rawr.
MagmaWorm_Checklist.png

Back
Top Bottom