tModLoader Rockos ARPG

hey does anyone have that problem where light blue screens with menu,stats,and skill points stays on the screen and i'm unable to use anything or see anything? pls help
Using the mod menu key usually takes you out of it. I put mine on grave, since it's kinda close to the Escape key.

default key for the mod menu is esc, you can change the key in the mod options, available in the main menu, though ( which is recommended)
thanks! oh, and by the way... your signature inspired me to make an animated OC for profile pic.

Well, I got the Npc mod in with another prefix mod for added challenge and that sort, but now after going after wall of flesh and failed at about 25% hp, I need to rid of the mana blood ability.

I did see the MaxRespec thing below the stats, but I've treated it as something not fully implemented. Is that the case, or am I just missing a step somewhere?

Well, I got the Npc mod in with another prefix mod for added challenge and that sort, but now after going after wall of flesh and failed at about 25% hp, I need to rid of the mana blood ability.

I did see the MaxRespec thing below the stats, but I've treated it as something not fully implemented. Is that the case, or am I just missing a step somewhere?
in an earlier update all older characters have gotten a respec point due to important changes (health regen balancement).
unfortunately there isnt any way to obtain the respec points yet, but they should be available as soon as rockos finishes the skill tree update. (atleast i hope so)

as for the additional mods you are using... prefixes for enemies by hiccup and my npc booster? did you try the wall of flesh multiple times? what are you dying at? i can give you some hints (besides the regular "dont get hit" and "keep your distance" ones)

Will "Heartless" http://prnt.sc/b4osnm be fixed? I just got this skill and its bugged, after losing all shield I just die. I tested with water and with mobs, here is video http://plays.tv/video/5739cc57911cb0a062/-terraria-bug
the thingy with water happened before the last update aswell... not sure if rockos wanted to fix it or not.
about the other thingy.. it almost seems like the heartless effect changes all the hp to mana, but still keeps the damage calls at the hp. or it fails to substract from the mana, and takes hp instead.

I was unbuffed with potions without enough to last 10 minutes, so that part is on me. Also I did remember that I ran out of space, so I gotta make more room!

I was planning to go smash WoF in a bit, but gotta get my nephew in for his first interview.

And for the the heartless thing, I'd recommend Rocko (Whenever he's back, lol) to check his shield code if it is based on prioritizations.

Hey there i'm not sure if this is glitched cause of the mod or what not but when i put the stat points into str or any of the other stats the melee/magic damage on weapons i use do not increase or do they still increase even though you can't see the difference in damage?

Btw..since u put dodge..wouldnt it be good to add laso block % on the skill tree??
Since i am and old school POE player i would like to see more uniques passive skills in the tree,of it is possible to add them!

Btw..since u put dodge..wouldnt it be good to add laso block % on the skill tree??
Since i am and old school POE player i would like to see more uniques passive skills in the tree,of it is possible to add them!
i think you should specify what blocking should do. having it do the same (nullify any damage) as dodge would result in redundance
And for the the heartless thing, I'd recommend Rocko (Whenever he's back, lol) to check his shield code if it is based on prioritizations.
he should've only changed some stuff regarding heartless, energy shield is the same as always, and it was always the first to die out. the problem lies within the changes he made to the "mana-as-health" system.

BTW: i have updated my mod, it now comes with some scaling (which results in really mad scaling when you defeat the moonlord) and lower initial multipliers, so worth checking out. More Information on my mod thread here

i think you should specify what blocking should do. having it do the same (nullify any damage) as dodge would result in redundance

he should've only changed some stuff regarding heartless, energy shield is the same as always, and it was always the first to die out. the problem lies within the changes he made to the "mana-as-health" system.

BTW: i have updated my mod, it now comes with some scaling (which results in really mad scaling when you defeat the moonlord) and lower initial multipliers, so worth checking out. More Information on my mod thread here

True since there is no limit to ur skillpoints putting also block+dodge the character would be broken af!
Since i am no good with coding/modding i cant do much...i just suggested some things!

Hello again i have more to say regarding the stat points i do not mean skill points i could do a screen shot of what i mean, skill points however actually do increase the weapon's base damage but the stat points as yet before don't seem to be doing anything unless i am being very stupid and they don't increase by much i hope i can have this answered cause i had the same problems with N terraria where the points i put in didn't increase damage when they should have.

Hello again i have more to say regarding the stat points i do not mean skill points i could do a screen shot of what i mean, skill points however actually do increase the weapon's base damage but the stat points as yet before don't seem to be doing anything unless i am being very stupid and they don't increase by much i hope i can have this answered cause i had the same problems with N terraria where the points i put in didn't increase damage when they should have.
when you allocate statpoints you will see the percentages rise.
that alone should show enough information on what it happening.
due to the fact that terraria uses low values early on, you wont see much change.
the skills which increase the damage by a percentage also change that value in the stat list. if the percentage in the stat window actually has any effect on the values or if it is hidden somewhere, only Rockos does know. But i didnt notice any problems regarding that

Alright, I've installed the mod to enhance the mobs (Now I can't progress much until I manage to find some hardmode ores), but I did discover something about the heartless perk!

I was getting smashed in by a giant bat, which did 2k damage (Shields was at 1.2k, mana being at 1.6k), the perk is at least able for me to take a hit (with mana being reduced), but the issue is that it doesn't reduce mana after you lose your shields when taking a hit in that state.

To sum it up:
Getting hit with shields existing to minus mana on top= OK!
Getting hit without shield, reducing mana only= Not OK!

The second is obviously something stated many times, even when they never did much damage to begin with.

Alright, I've installed the mod to enhance the mobs (Now I can't progress much until I manage to find some hardmode ores), but I did discover something about the heartless perk!

I was getting smashed in by a giant bat, which did 2k damage (Shields was at 1.2k, mana being at 1.6k), the perk is at least able for me to take a hit (with mana being reduced), but the issue is that it doesn't reduce mana after you lose your shields when taking a hit in that state.

To sum it up:
Getting hit with shields existing to minus mana on top= OK!
Getting hit without shield, reducing mana only= Not OK!

The second is obviously something stated many times, even when they never did much damage to begin with.
thats some really weird effect... but gladly the npc booster was able to help finding these details xD
now we just have to wait for @Rockos to fix it when he has some time left for himself and the mod

thats some really weird effect... but gladly the npc booster was able to help finding these details xD
now we just have to wait for @Rockos to fix it when he has some time left for himself and the mod

i am still afraid to use ur mod...since i am grinding for lvls..currently 50 and still not in hardmode!!
if i continue like this with ur mod i am sure to encounter a mob with 200k hp in the near future

i am still afraid to use ur mod...since i am grinding for lvls..currently 50 and still not in hardmode!!
if i continue like this with ur mod i am sure to encounter a mob with 200k hp in the near future
mobs with 200k hp would be the least of your worries, also the mobs scale with bosses killed. unless you have killed the moonlord, it will be unlikely for you to get too strong monsters ( i think).
i would appreciate any help with balancing though, so any feedback helps. (as long as it contains useful information)
Edit: BTW, killing stronger mobs may or may not result in more exp granted. just as a hint :p

Oh no, I already got myself in the level 400-500 range right now. All I can say is that with me attacking mobs and only can do major damage with crits (which is silly), some end up being silly. I can take a few hits though, but currently stuck trying to get myself better armor and stuff (Before switching off from EnemyMod's mage set with 5% crite/damage on it per piece)

As of right now though, with EnemyMods on, I mainly see just frenzied (unless that's intentional on your side, still do see the other prefixes once in a while). I did encounter a mob with 300k HP (Titan Watcher) mob after WoF (With lowNpcBooster & without EnemyMods) was killed, so that can answer echoes's dispute on finding a mob that high. Sure, I died many times during the transition from lowNPCBoost to NPCBoost until I get myself to a pirate invasion, and boxed myself to fight the parrots to gain massive levels to around 150 to where you can kinda keep your ground.

I will say however, that there could be some boss tweakings. I'm hoping for less severe buffs on bosses themselves, because I got the Mythril staff (3 home-seeking projectiles, from ThoriumMod IIRC), and that's the only thing that is causing damage until I start doing crits or finding better crap to play with.

But due to the mods I got now, I can do melee with my magic now.

Back
Top Bottom