Weapons & Equip Rope Climbing Item, Similar to Minecart

1. No idea what you mean by "similar to Minecraft". What kind of "climbing rope" mechanism does Minecraft have?

2. Do you mean this wonderful thing?

1. It says "Minecart", not "Minecraft."

2. He probably means a way to make vertical minecart tracks that aren't just sloped ones that go up and take up lots of space.

Anyways, add more to this, and I might support this.

1. It says "Minecart", not "Minecraft."

2. He probably means a way to make vertical minecart tracks that aren't just sloped ones that go up and take up lots of space.

Anyways, add more to this, and I might support this.
sorry, too many times have I seen fanboys requesting :red: from Minecraft, that I mistook "minecart" with a capital M to mean Minecraft. My mistake.

Also, what? wtf? I'm still so confused about how the hell this would work.

sorry, too many times have I seen fanboys requesting :red: from Minecraft, that I mistook "minecart" with a capital M to mean Minecraft. My mistake.

Also, what? wtf? I'm still so confused about how the hell this would work.

I think he wants to make a loop like in rollercoaster. I support that kind of thing.

I was just thinking of that pulley mechanism thing that you use to ascend or descend rope. Like how for minecarts, you can craft the iron one, or piece together the mechanical one, I think there could be a similar item progression for rope-climbing equipment.

That would also mean adding an equipment slot for it.

I was just thinking of that pulley mechanism thing that you use to ascend or descend rope. Like how for minecarts, you can craft the iron one, or piece together the mechanical one, I think there could be a similar item progression for rope-climbing equipment.

That would also mean adding an equipment slot for it.

I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant... does anyone even use ropes to travel horizontally enough to add an item and equipment slot for it?

That's exactly what he meant, and its what I immediately thought upon reading the thread. Honestly, I'd be down for an upgraded rope-climbing device.

That's exactly what he meant, and its what I immediately thought upon reading the thread. Honestly, I'd be down for an upgraded rope-climbing device.
That's what I was thinking too, but I figured it would mostly affect vertical speed instead of horizontal speed like toothpaste said.

Last edited:
I will be honest with you, I suck at climbing rope. Maybe it was because I didn't like to press the "W" and "S" keys at my very start, but they were crucial to reaching higher places. I am still quite confused about what this thread means, but if it's like a pulley, then I guess I could say support. Though, I would recommend in a bit more detail. Who knows? You might be successful.

So you know how in the Minecart equipment slot, you can place either the "Minecart" item (made of iron / lead) or the mechanical minecart, made of different mechanical pieces. Then, when you right click a minecart rail, you automatically get into that cart in the equipment slot, the default being a log-like cart.

I would like something similar to that for rope-climbing (this could affect sideways movement, but I had not originally intended that.) So like the default minecart, you always are able to use the current pulley-wheel thing (I don't think it has a name, a gif is attached) but there would be a new equipment slot for the rope-climbing mechanism. This would probably involve giving it a name. Then we could have the iron / lead craftable variant, and maybe a mechanical variant made of the same materials as the mechanical minecart?

I'm trying to be as clear as possible, thanks for feedback by the way. I have been away from my computer for a while and have been unable to reply to this thread.

Thank you!

(Gif is from Gamepedia)

Attachments

• Rope_animation.gif
    Rope_animation.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 129
Thank you for the advice, as you can tell I am new to this forum.

Don't bump a post without substantial additional content. Such as debating with someone concerning your idea, and update to the thread, brainstorming, etc.).

But simply bumping like that is not something we would like to support. You can read more about it in the Rules and Culture of these forums since you are new here :)

Eh, I support it. It's mostly because of how slow climbing rope feels once you've gotten wings and can freefall without getting yourself killed. Yeah, it's ~30 MPH (according to the game), but it just feels slow. If we could get one that lets us go double the speed, I'd be all over that.

Back
Top Bottom