Scariest enemy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herpling.png

Enough said...

Honestly, for me it's Clingers. They have this unusual ability to either not show up at all or have 5-8 shooting off from the same stretch of land, and usually one I was just walking across not too long ago. Other Plant AI mobs can show up in groups, but not to that ridiculous degree, and usually on separate stretches of land. And the only other one that has projectile spam capabilities is the Giant Fungi Bulb.

i honestly don't know why spiders scare so many people. i think they're cool. but the scariest mob for me would be the dungeon guardian. i'll give you one guess why, and the first two don't count.

For scary sprite, black recluses. And for just scariest enemy because you're like "omfg how will I beat this" it's so far been the twins, they look so murderous..

Dungeon Guardian, for sure. I was pumped full of adrenaline JUST for digging down into the dungeon. I did get two Bone Keys out of that adventure though.

Headless Horseman is my personal freaker-outer. When I see it steamrolling towards me at about the speed of my Frostsparks, even while being pumped with a Chain Gun... need I say more?

Angry Rain Cloud

it was like being punched in the face when I saw
"lolgeoff got massacred by rain"

even though now I have better wings to fly and kill them they still startle me
[DOUBLEPOST=1424057661][/DOUBLEPOST]
Face Monsters for the horrible sound, definitely. When I first started 1.2.4 I had my volume up high, so when I flew over the just freaked out.

When the DG had its roar, it was the best. Nothing beats Re-Logic level "U JUST GOT TROLL'D!" noise.

As for sprite, definitely Black Recluses are the worst.

And of course for the "I'm-so-screwed" feeling, nothing beats the Dungeon mages.

My I'm so screwed feeling comes from the rune mages

just spelunking happily and then BOOM

lolgeoff plead for death was answered by Rune Blast

to be honest the guide is the scariest
think of it
he tries to lead you to bosses which he probably think will kill you
and if they don't he wants you to kill him which summons a monster which is possibly his last form or his pet/minion

2/10 not hyped. I don't think any of the enemies are scary they are just there and I have to stab them until they fall over. The reaction is never "I'm afraid." Its usually a spectrum of bored robotic stabbing to taking something as a personal challenge because its that hard to deal with.

Good example. Spiders. Spiders are not scary but I my anger begins to heat up when they are right smack dab in the middle of a hellavator and can infinitely spawn from the dark corners. Then it becomes a big to do that requires making platforms and using dynamite to make it where the spiders have no wall to cling to. Otherwise it is a headache to deal with them early to mid game.

So basically terraria mobs are about as scary as a housefly before it is obliterated via "boosted" electric flyswatter.

Anything that can curse the player. They can easily, and have at times, screw me over if I am not careful. I make sure that I get the Nazar before killing Plantera, to avoid having to deal with being cursed by the Giant Cursed Skulls in the HM Dungeon, where a stray curse at the wrong time is almost certain death.
Paladins. Wyverns were the original OP miniboss of Hardmode. Now the Paladin takes it's spot thanks to it spamming stupidly powerful hammers all over the place.
Skeleton Snipers. I think it is pretty unfair to be clipped for ~200 damage by an extremely fast bullet from well offscreen that you barely get time to react to.

Jungle creepers look horrible,i just run away and try to oneshot em because they are so scary when they crawl.
As a boss,the BoC and the WoF is very scary indeed,especially the BoC in it'ssecond form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom