Scariest thing about Terraria

the scary part is how hard it is for me to defeat Wall of Flesh
[DOUBLEPOST=1423439786][/DOUBLEPOST]
The most spooky thing to me is that all main pre-hardmode bosses seem a part of something greater, eyes, brain, bone, muscle. You ask where EoW fits in? He is a lot like a tapeworm. Its true. Also the fact that NPCs call wall of flesh wall of guide and guide seems to know that he will die if you summon wall of flesh...:indifferent:
one day there's gonna be an update where it tells you that someone created the bosses and then he has a brother who created the HM bosses

I always like to think that all the popular (mobile) sandbox games are connected
(you may not know what these games are)
like The Blockheads is what happens first in your timeline
then Deepworld
and Terraria

When I made my first world in terraria after watching a lets play before buying it, knowing about only the corruption and going into the world and spawning RIGHT BESIDE a crimson, scared the crap out of me. I then proceeded to make a new world, which I use now and is where all my good terraria memories are. Also, the spiders in that game are surprisingly scary.

one day there's gonna be an update where it tells you that someone created the bosses and then he has a brother who created the HM bosses
Freaking older brothers... always outshining the younger.

Anyways. Two things.

From a gameplay perspective: Those explosives. "Hey guys, let's stick together so we won't die!" "Okay!" "Yay lets g-" *BOOM*
*Swearing ensues*

From a not-gameplay perspective (Anyone know a term for that?): The Guide. Because he leads you when you're new, still struggling to stay on your feet, all the way until you're strong enough to sacrifice him. And if you think about it, there are dead people everywhere... like in spider nests, as the guy above me just pointed out, and on the dungeon walls...

Guidey is creepy. He's trying to lead you to your doom.

Spider Cave. It wasn't the spiders though. It was that lifeless freaking humanoid corpse in the cobwebs just sitting there. Staring at you. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=352427307
[DOUBLEPOST=1423441287][/DOUBLEPOST]http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27350000444836144/B0C8420714225FCF37E56F8A94ADF158D933E9FC/
your character looks exactly like my sister's
*Spelunking*
*Spelunking*
*Click*
"Waaa..."
*Splat*

I think all of us have been there once or twice... or a hundred.

TCQJ9rd.jpg

if this is what you mean then yeah

Freaking older brothers... always outshining the younger.

Anyways. Two things.

From a gameplay perspective: Those explosives. "Hey guys, let's stick together so we won't die!" "Okay!" "Yay lets g-" *BOOM*
*Swearing ensues*

From a not-gameplay perspective (Anyone know a term for that?): The Guide. Because he leads you when you're new, still struggling to stay on your feet, all the way until you're strong enough to sacrifice him. And if you think about it, there are dead people everywhere... like in spider nests, as the guy above me just pointed out, and on the dungeon walls...

Guidey is creepy. He's trying to lead you to your doom.
this made me think about my 2D sandbox game connection thing some more..

The Blockheads is a game where it's all peaceful and it's like if you were to survive in a world that hasn't been developed that much

Deepworld is a game about everyone surviving the apocalypse and machines have taken over

and Terraria is like after the apocalypse where more organic monsters have taken over

and everyone is dead

wow that's deep

also The Blockheads and Deepworld are two more 2D sandbox games

this made me think about my 2D sandbox game connection thing some more..

The Blockheads is a game where it's all peaceful and it's like if you were to survive in a world that hasn't been developed that much

Deepworld is a game about everyone surviving the apocalypse and machines have taken over

and Terraria is like after the apocalypse where more organic monsters have taken over

and everyone is dead

wow that's deep

also The Blockheads and Deepworld are two more 2D sandbox games
The blockheads gave me a headache... (oops, unintentional pun). It took forever to do anything.

The most spooky thing to me is that all main pre-hardmode bosses seem a part of something greater, eyes, brain, bone, muscle. You ask where EoW fits in? He is a lot like a tapeworm. Its true. Also the fact that NPCs call wall of flesh wall of guide and guide seems to know that he will die if you summon wall of flesh...:indifferent:
I though the WoF was a tongue?

I'm scared of 3 things.

Face Monsters
Dungeon Guardian Jumpscares
The Crimson taking over your world (I'm fine with the corruption, but Crimson, nope.)

Whenever you fight a hard boss, the worst one for me was Skeletron...

Your heart is slow as you're at the dungeon, knowing no harm is going your way.
You talk to the man, then a jumpscare comes, a dark boney and fleshless figure with dark peeling eyes, shifting into your soul. You run, the dark and dry music pounds your heart to race itself, you're on the edge of you're toes, you start getting used to the dark mysterious figure. Fighting while trying to avoid defeat, his arms start swinging, without retreat. Your heart just stops for a moment, trying to calm yourself, but then as you're meditating, his head comes of as well. His spinning head catching up to you as you run with all your might, then the dusk comes, you know you will die. He's at 1000 HP, and you fight and fight, suddenly, his arms disappear, you know it is happening, you know you're at fear, then suddenly you feel his wrath, as you disappear.

Last edited:
Can't decide over:
Face Monsters
The mallard duck "easter scaregg"
The worm sounds
Explosive traps

Warning messages when you are un/under prepared are the scariest thing...

or explosive traps. Those sneaky sneaky traps.

Terraria? Scary? That's two words that never go together.

spiders: They don't even really look like spiders.
Dungeon Guardian: It's a silly jumpscare. that's not a true scare.
Crimson: It's blood-themed. That's it. Is blood scary?
Face Monsters: They just sort of make a dry "bleugh" noise. It's not scary at all.

Not scary. Especially when it's a 16x16 pixel grid and you can absolutely obliterate it.

Back
Top Bottom